Star Wars: Question on ROTS?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ReadyAndWilling, May 18, 2011.

1. jep316

jep316 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't think all the Separatists knew based on the recent Clone Wars episode which shown not all of them were bad guys.

2. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

I can do that. Or I can hammer nails into my dicks. One will cause frustration over why I did such a stupid and immensely painful thing and the other is me hammering nails into my dick.

Is that like an open relationship? Because they never work.

Yes, it is a put on. Calling the RedLetter people whiny losers is really selling them short, though. Granted, the Plinkett character is not for everyone, but the reviews of the films themselves (particularly TPM one) are actually way more insightful and in depth than they have any right to be.

3. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

You say that as though it actually happened.

4. ReadyAndWilling

ReadyAndWilling Fleet Captain

oh, that's true. so there's no idea of how much the droid army had left?
    which show is this?

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Jono said the recent Clone Wars episode...referring to the CGI series. Sigh.

6. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed, the voice is horrible. I still say try Confused Matthew. He's another "whiny loser", but at least he's entertaining.

7. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Plural?? What are you, a Centauri??

:lol:

8. Broccoli

Nope. I just really like to play swords.

Clones of a Certain Age. It stars Scott Bakula.

Maul is like damned Cat in the Hat of the Star Wars universe.

Or would that be Boba Fett?

9. Set Harth

IIRC it was called "Heroes on Both Sides".

I think Boba is more like Schrodinger's Cat.

10. Admiral_Young

I don't know why fans keep stating Maul "returned". He returned in a potential alternate universe graphic novel story.

11. Broccoli

^ Well, as a child, he was in that boy band: Backsith Boys.

12. Set Harth

Though that graphic novel story ( Old Wounds ) is said to be non-continuity, the end of a recent story arc on the show The Clone Wars hinted that Maul may somehow be alive and that another character must seek him out. However, so far we've only seen an image of his face appear in a proverbial crystal ball, which is a far cry from him actually having been proven to be still alive.

13. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Still these guys have been fighting each other for years. Trust would be difficult for both sides.

There have been more than one comic that had Maul return. One of them, "Resurrection", is part of C-canon. There is a question whether this Maul was the same guy from the movies or a clone.

14. Admiral_Young

Until we actually see Mau on a screen l...and not Savage Opress...I don't consider him to have "returned". Far as I'm concerned Obi-Wan sliced him in half :)

15. Sean Aaron

Sean Aaron Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I started watching Episode II afterwards - doing them in reverse order is interesting; I'll go the other way with the Trek ones - not that there's any meaningful continuity between them, but that's a topic for another thread!

Yes, he's absolutely putting it on. I'd really give it more time. It's funny, but his points are quite valid and fair in many cases. He also clearly knows stuff about film-making. The comparison with Citizen Kane is excellent; I was impressed that he was actually able to pull similar scenes from Star Wars to those in Kane!

The creepy interstitials implying the character is some kind of serial killer I could do without however; that seems to detract from the reviews themselves. The "ad breaks" were hilarious though; especially the Kodak printer one - my god!

16. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

The story is that Mike from RLM thought his own voice was boring (you see him normal on their Half in the Bag weekly show) so he gave his reviews an edge by creating the voice and the character that resulted. He started with Star Trek Generations, and moved on form there. Those reviews were about a half hour to forty minutes each. I remember when he announced he was moving on to the Phantom Menace, and I knew it would be a hit, and keep in mind that the Trek reviews were still not terribly popular, but when his massive 70-minute Phantom Menace review came out, it not only exceeded all my expectations, but it also scored positive tweets by some famous people, and, with all the stars lined up, that review did go viral in a big way. The character being a killer is funny and gives it an edge and has always been a part of the reviews right from Generations, and he's not going to sell out just because these reviews are longer and more popular.

17. ReadyAndWilling

i'd love to see an episode dealing with the view from the Separatists. it's not clear what they had to gain in allying with sideous.

18. ReadyAndWilling

you sure? i just checked wiki:
    Heroes on Both Sides

ok thanks. i'll try to check it out. are there any other eps that you know of that focus on the separatists?

19. Admiral_Young

What are you talking about it's not clear that they had anything to gain for joining Sidious? The Separatists were a shame from the start, under a puppet leader (Count Dooku) who was working with a Sith Lord who wanted to use them to divide the galaxy so he could collapse democracy and create his empire. They were lied to and were pawns in a global scheme. The Separatists were operating thinking that they were legit and had actual cause against the crumbling Republic. Count Dooku, acting under his masters orders became their puppet leader and used them to begin a war with the Republic. The Separatist leadership had no idea that they were being used, just as the Republic had no clue they were actually under the control of a Sith Lord.

20. Python Trek

Python Trek Commodore Commodore

West Consin, People's Republic of America
    Oh, hell! Matthew has the most annoying voice in human history! And his opinions are poorly-thought-out crap.

....other than that, Matthew's awesome. :techman: