Castle: Season 3 (Nathan Fillion, Stana Katic) - Discussion & Spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Aragorn, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Beckett and her team burst into an apartment on a murderer's trail, just to be surprised when they see Castle, who they haven't heard or seen in months, standing over a dead woman's body holding a gun. Beckett, has no other choice but to arrest Castle until he proves his innocence.

2. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: Castle: Season 3 (Nathan Fillion, Stana Katic) - Discussion & Spoi

Looks to be a great show.

I've seen the first 10 minutes online already and it had me hooked by the end.

Here's hoping the background cast gets a little more to do this season as well.

3. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it's back. The premiere looks like a good one. Stana Katic looks way hot in that pic. :drool:

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I didn't even recognize Katic at first. I think that must be a wig. It looks at least 6 inches longer than before, and that would take a full year or more to grow.

5. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Who's to say she hasn't been wearing a wig up till now? Also, while rare there are lots of people whose hair simply grows really fast. I need a chop every month else a neat #2 trimmed haircut becomes a shaggy mop any hippie would be proud of.

Anyway, really looking forward to thr return of Castle. It's gone from a guilty pleasure to the only crime drama I watch these days that isn't Flashpoint, which IS my guilty pleasure. :P

Mark

6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Why would Flashpoint be a guilty pleasure? I think it's a very smart, worthwhile show, refreshingly wholesome in the way its characters generally manage to find better alternatives to lethal force and are genuinely affected by it when they have to use lethal force.

And yes, it's possible Katic was wearing a wig before, but I'm thinking more in-universe. There's no reason why Beckett would've worn a wig on a weekly basis for a year, so if there's an episode showing her with hair that long, I'd assume it's meant to be a wig. (Unless she has magic length-changing hair like Janeway had in "Parturition" and the adjacent episodes.)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  7. IcecreamLtDan

IcecreamLtDan Captain Captain

Looking forward to it!

8. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Okay, I'm likin' the opening.....

9. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Was there a higher resolution version of this pic anywhere? I'd like to use it for a wallpaper

10. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Good way to get Castle back in the fold with Beckett and the NYPD. Even though it was predictable, I was cracking up every time the crew found Castle at a crime scene.

My only complaint was that Beckett and Lanie seemed to be WAY too glammed up (Beckett wearing 4 inch heels while on duty and Lanie wearing a bright pink top that seemed more suitable for a night out than examining dead bodies). Maybe this has always been the case and I've completely missed it previously, but it seemed particularly egregious in this episode.

11. Aragorn

^ Katic's hair is getting longer each season. They're making her more girly to pump up the sex appeal. Sort of like Katee Sackhoff on Battlestar Galactica.

When Beckett was watching Castle uncover the counterfeit bills, I was gonna post on this thread if it was obvious she already knew and was losing the bet on purpose, but then Esposito came right out and said it at the end. I guess one thing this show is not is subtle.

12. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not too concerned about things like her longer hair. The 4 inch heels are probably against department dress code and likely get in the way of chasing bad guys. Or Castle. :)

13. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Here you go.

14. Buck Bokai

Buck Bokai Lieutenant Red Shirt

I was quite excited to see Castle return. I thought the beginning was a little off, but since there wasn't the typical by-play between them, that was likely it. By the end, everything was good to go and it was a lot of fun.

Very good to have it back!

15. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is that photo for an upcoming episode, or did they just decide to do something different for the cast photo (photos?)?

I enjoyed the premiere (no surprise), and I liked all the cold shoulders Castle was getting once he was back around the office again.

The parallel made between Alexis's situation with her boyfriend and with Castle and his friends at the station was cute too.

16. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Then she'll have to do the really feminine way of walking with her hands fluttering at her side while Castle is a mile down the block :)

17. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

That is one gorgeous cast. Characterization is this show's best feature (a lot like NCIS), but I do wish the mysteries were a little more compelling.

18. Aragorn

[​IMG]

Beckett and Castle look for the killer of a famous psychic while debating whether extrasensory abilities are real or not. When a letter arrives from the victim predicting her death they must determine who actually wrote the letter – the victim or the killer.

19. Aragorn

Anyone watching Castle anymore? :(

20. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

I taped it. Too many things on Monday nights.