The Impossible Girl: Who IS Clara Oswin Oswald?!?

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Nightowl1701, Dec 27, 2012.

?

Seriously, who the hell is she??

1. A long overdue family reunion - Clara's a fobwatched & regenerated Susan!

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  2. The One Who Got Away - Clara's a fobwatched & regenerated Romana!

3 vote(s)
    4.7%
  3. 'Til Death do us part? I don't think so, Sweetie - Clara's a fobwatched & regenerated post-Library R

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. She's a MAN, man - Clara's a fobwatched & regenerated Master!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. If at first you don't succeed... - Clara's the ultimate Anti-Doctor weapon of the Silence, Mark II!

3 vote(s)
    4.7%
  6. A sneak preview of things to come - Clara's a Watcher, but WILL BE the Twelfth Doctor!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Hello again - Clara's a fobwatched, future (post-Doctor) version of Sexy!

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  8. Eye See You - Clara's Prisoner Zero!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. You'll never see it coming - None of the above, and even stranger than all!

56 vote(s)
    87.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wishfull thinking made me vote Romana, I just hope that it doesn't turn out to be a bit dull in the end.

Have to say though that after 2 episodes Clara is already one of my favourite companions.

2. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I don't know the schedule for the upcoming season, so I can't comment on that. I strongly suspect it'll be the finale, but that's all I can say.

3. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Best information/guess at the moment is April 2013 will be the other 8 episodes of Series 7, the Anniversary Special 11-23-13 (Or 23-11-13, if you prefer) and the Christmas Special on Christmas 2013

4. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

So the anniversary special is separate and different from the finale? Then no, I think it'll be revealed before the special.

5. Sindatur

Yea, that's my understanding, finish off S7 and then do a Special on the day of the Anniversary, which, for those of us in the US is the Day before Thanksgiving :bolian::bolian:

6. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

Well, my firs though on Clara is "spatial genetic multiplicity", similar to Gwyneth and Gwen. Is there another rift? That doesn't explain the three incarnations having the exact same name though.

7. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

The "Scaroth" theory that's been tossed around both here and in the review thread is the most appealing so far, but knowing Moffat, he's going for something completely different.

8. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

I think, they not only have the same name and look alike, they are exactly the same person.... somehow.
    My money is on timetravel gone wrong or perhaps multiverse versions of her...

9. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Remember, it's not just the name and appearance. Both of them so far like souffles, and both delivered the same last words to the Doctor. That's how he realized they were connected (since, of course, he never saw Oswin's face). Not to mention that both were equally flirtatious.

10. P0sitr0nic

P0sitr0nic Vice Admiral Admiral

Theres no indication that the next her we meet will be named Clara. She might be Sarah Oswin Oswald for all we know. The first time all we got was Oswin Oswald.

11. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think her "run, you clever boy" is what he's supposed to "remember" to do at Trenzalore. Everything will lead up to his having to run. Which is odd, because that's what he always does. It's what 10 mentioned quite a lot. And it's what 11 said at Demon's Run ("We ran").

12. Sindatur

I'm pretty sure at least one (if not more) Classic Doctor described (to a new Companion) traveling with him involving alot of running, too.

13. Christopher

^Oh, "Run!" was the Second Doctor's go-to strategy for any dangerous situation.

14. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, running is what the Doctor does, so it seems odd if that is what he has to remember to do.

15. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Maybe Clara is similar to Jack and just comes back to life when killed.

The daughter of Boe?

And like Jack, she's an "impossible thing"

16. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I hope she's good at digging.

17. who.me

who.me Ensign Red Shirt

just read that there are going to be several movie length episodes to celebrate the 50th. So i doubt very much you will find out who clara is in the 2nd part of series 7. But i personally believe that the big reveal will be in the episode when more than one doctor appears.

Also, most companions stay around for at least 3 series

mmmmmmlike the idea,she is the daughter of Jack

18. Christopher

Uhh, no; historically, the majority of companions have only stayed for 1-2 years. Only a few have stuck around longer -- Jamie for the Second Doctor, Jo for the Third, Sarah Jane for the Third & Fourth, K9 Mark II for the Fourth, Tegan for the Fourth (barely) & Fifth, Amy & Rory for the Tenth. (Romana, the character, was there for three seasons, but the actresses who played her were there for one and two seasons respectively. And Ace was a companion for two short seasons plus one serial, so that's barely above two for her.) True, some of the new-series companions have come back in later seasons, but that doesn't count as continuous tenure as companions.

In fact, the only companions who've stayed longer than three years were Sarah Jane, who was a companion for three and a third seasons, and K9 if you count Mark I and Mark II as the same character.

19. Sindatur

Got a link for that? We all previously thought/hoped there would be multiple Specials, but, right now it seems like only the rest of S7, then one Special and then the Christmas Special

20. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Doubtful - how would they pay for it?