Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by TrekToday, Jul 30, 2012.

1. TrekToday

TrekToday Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Fans that purchased the recent release of Season One of Star Trek: The Next Generation found that there were audio issues with their DVDs and CBS Home Video has acknowledged that and has taken corrective action. The correction comes less than a week after the Blu-ray set was released. “We have discovered an anomaly in [...]

More...

2. Mutai Sho-Rin

Mutai Sho-Rin Crusty Old Bastard Moderator

Let's sticky this thread for two weeks until the re-release with the corrected content. Please use this thread for all audio related content.

3. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

What audio issues are CBS and Paramount talking about? I've only played the first three discs so far, but I haven't heard any issues.

4. dg1379

dg1379 Commander Red Shirt

I wasn't having any issues until 11001001 when the audio sounded like everyone talking through a soup can. In fact, that entire disc, disc 4, had bad audio all together. I do not have surround on my system yet so I have been listening to stereo sound. I was surprised by that. Made my call. Very simple process.

5. FreddyE

FreddyE Captain Captain

Amazon customers might actually get the replacement discs without doing anything. I remember back when the TNG DVDS were released for the first time, there was an issue with one of the R2 discs. Amazon automatically sent me a replacement disc without me having to do anything. No registering for it...nothing.

6. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I contacted Amazon regarding what they would be able to do to help me out, and the response I got said that they had already received the corrected discs. Kind of hard to believe, but I dunno...it'd be nice to know for sure.

7. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've been aware of the audio problems, but I didn't personally experience them until watching Haven everything was echoed. I've been watching using the 7.1 mix through my TV speakers.

8. GNDN

GNDN Commodore Commodore

Amazon's product page has the same announcement and advice to call or email DELUXE for replacement information. I sent an email yesterday then spent 1/2 hour on hold without an answer after reading about others' success on the phone. I'll try calling again this morning.

9. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Captain Captain

Any idea if Best Buy will send out the disc's on their own?

10. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think it's safe to assume that you must call/email ByDeluxe to get the replacement.

11. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Someone on Amazon.co.uk who is from Ireland say they called that US hotline and are being sent replacement disks.

12. GNDN

GNDN Commodore Commodore

No reply via email as of yet. I was unable to speak with anyone by phone yesterday (half hour on hold) and this morning I get only an automated message which offers the possibility of leaving a message, but then disconnects without taking any message.

Suppose I'll have to wait for email support as I'm sure they're being overwhelmed by complaints right now :confused:

13. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah I didn't have any luck calling today either.

14. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

Reading all this, I'm really glad I waited to purchase my discs.

15. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just got an email. It asked me to reply back with my name, address, phone number, and the ID number off the back of the discs - just like what others have posted about the phone call.

16. BriGuy

BriGuy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I also just got an email in response to the one I had sent yesterday. I'll send the requested information (the SL number specifically) when I get home tonight.

It seems like rather quickly, it won't matter that we pounced on this to buy it. I'd rather wait a little while to get replacement discs than, for instance, pay $20 more at Best Buy.

17. Joanna McCoy-Kirk

Joanna McCoy-Kirk Commodore Commodore

I sent an e-mail yesterday afternoon, but I have not received a reply. :(

18. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

Getting just a little nervous no information is forthcoming for UK patrons.

19. Maxwell Everett

Maxwell Everett Commodore Commodore

I feel for you... after all, you appear to have been the first anywhere to have noticed the problem on "Encounter at Farpoint" back on July 23rd. So you certainly deserve to have this resolved as much as anyone here in the states.

Don't worry... I'm sure they're in the process of setting up a replacement program with a fulfillment firm in the UK as we speak -- startrek.com wouldn't have mentioned info was forthcoming if they weren't. And there's plenty of time for them to do so... we're not even going to get our discs for another two weeks.

20. Doug Otte

Doug Otte Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I was just thinking of sending an e-mail and proactively including the info they need. As soon as I take out my contacts tonight, I should be able to stick the disc on the end of my nose so I can read the microscopic digits.