Which Captain would you want to serve under?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by KamenRiderBlade, Nov 3, 2012.

?

So which of the Captain's would you want to serve under?

1. TOS: Captain James Tiberius Kirk

14 vote(s)
    21.5%
  2. TNG: Captain Jean-Luc Picard

24 vote(s)
    36.9%
  3. DS9: Captain Benjamin Lafayette Sisko

18 vote(s)
    27.7%
  4. VOY: Captain Kathryn Janeway

5 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. ENT: Captain Jonathan Archer

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  6. STXI: Captain James Tiberius Kirk AKA Kirk 2.0

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  1. KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So who would you serve under?

2. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Captain Jellico, most likely to keep me alive, and in uniform.

:)

3. TiberiusMaximus

TiberiusMaximus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Kirk, no question.

4. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

The Sisko

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Literally under?

Janeway.

6. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Kirk.

It's not fair to have two different versions of the character in the poll as it splits the vote.

7. teacake

It would be silly to pick a younger one though, just because the older one would have more experience and you might have less chance of dying.

8. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

Without a doubt, Sisko.

9. Spock/Uhura Fan

Well, at least we know when the old one dies, so that's a plus on his side if you started out with TOS Kirk.

10. KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The reason I split Kirk up is because each actor interpreted the character differently.

Gene Roddenberry helped establish Kirk.

JJ Abrams reinterpreted the same character to be different enough IMO that he might as well be a different character as far as I'm concerned.

For those who think they should be under the same title, just add up the numbers in your head, problem solved.

BTW I voted for Sisko

:mallory:

11. teacake

Oh yeah, everyone would be in terror as the self destruct sequence counted down on the Enterprise and you'd be sitting there thinking, nope not gonna die today.

12. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

It has to be Sisko. Picard is a close second mind you.

13. The Borg Queen

The Borg Queen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It depends what colour uniform I'd be wearing.

None of them seem to have a particularly high crew health & safety record.

14. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Archer, just to be different.

15. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Archer for me, because I think he'd be the most approachable Captain. Most of the others, if you came to them with a problem, would likely pass you off to a senior officer. Archer would get into things directly, maybe with T'Pol, Trip or Malcolm assisting, but wouldn't go to his ready room and wait for the report.

16. Spock/Uhura Fan

^ He may be arguably approachable (though, I'd count other captains as approachable as well), but he's not the most competent. So, you might get his "help," but it might not actually be help, if you know what I mean. Still, I've got no problems with anyone picking Archer. It's a personal choice.

True. :lol:

Same here. Picard is a very close second for me. :) After that, I'd choose original Kirk.

17. teacake

Except.. maybe Kirk got beamed out at the last second by alien benefactors and you went kaboom.

18. Bamarren

Bamarren Lieutenant Red Shirt

Sisko for me, coolest man in all the galaxy, probably with Picard second.

The man punched Q, that is all :cool:

19. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination
    Picard-he's the least impulsive and most likely to keep his crew safe.

20. Spock/Uhura Fan

^ It's true that Picard is the least impulsive, but that also means that he's the most deliberate out of the bunch. So, situations that don't require a lot of quick decision making are ideal for him. That doesn't mean that he can't make quick decisions, just like Sisko and Kirk being better at it doesn't mean that they couldn't and didn't deliberate over things that required deliberation.

Each one of the three has something special about them that the others don't have or don't have so much, and conversely each one of the three doesn't have something as much as the other one or two.

Picard is the natural diplomat out of the bunch. So, he likes to sit down and get comforable and talk. He wants his counterparts to be comfortable for talking too, because I think he usually expects the conversations/negotiations to take some time. This is where he shines, I think, the most because that's what diplomats do. Plus, you know you'll get to have tea with cream and sugar lumps, and maybe even some cookies too. :) None of the other captains do that. Picard is ideal for diplomatic missions.

Sisko is the natural "get it done" guy. He's the one you want if you've got a lot of things happening all at once, and they are happening fast, and you need results. He had a space station to rebuild and then run, a people to be an Emissary to, wormhole aliens to deal with, The Dominion war and all that that entailed, plus a son to raise on top of it. He's more or less like, "I've got a schedule to keep, so this is what I/we can do for you, now what can you do for me/us?" Sisko is ideal for when the $%#! is hitting the fan.

And Kirk (and all of this is my opinion of course) is the smooth snake charmer. I think out of all of the captains, he's best at manipulating things/people to get a certain outcome (when possible). Kirk is ideal when you need someone that is good at "maneuvering."

I think all 3 are pretty equal at keeping their crews safe, but that's just me.

Oh, I don't think Kirk is that sleazy. The captain is responsible for his/her crew, and to give the crew the slip to save himself would be... Well, he's not that sleazy. I think he would put the crew first. :)