minister in "Demons" was a demon

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by magarity, Sep 25, 2012.

1. magarity

magarity Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I was watching the 4th season episode titled "Demons" trying to figure out where I had seen the actor who plays the minister when it suddenly hit me: he was Buffy's high school principal who wanted to turn into a demon by eating all the students. Was he cast in an episode with this title on purpose? ahah!

2. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

I just loved the scene where the minister ate Quark.

:)

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

He was also the whiny Betazoid in Next Gen's "Tin Man"

4. magarity

Wow, I finished the second half and was really surprised he didn't turn out bad. He seemed waaay too insistent the the facility be destroyed immediately. As if they had something on him. Perhaps his character was being set up to be a stealth bad guy had there been another season....

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think he represented Earth's bureaucracy tripping over its own feet.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I found it ridiculous how this guy represented the Government as either a high official or the highest official, dozens of levels above the usual lot who boss Johno around, but Archer abused him like a Muppet.

7. magarity

ok, I'll bite; why the heck do you have "not dead" imposed over Janeway's mug shot? Did Mulgrew pass away recently?

8. teacake

No, Janeway was killed off in Treklit five years ago to some controversy. She has now been returned from the dead in the latest Voyager book. In the lead up to the book there was a lot of debate and speculation that she might return in it. I made the avatar prior to the books publication to serve as either a triumphant announcement or a protest depending on her fate.

The not.dead. meme was popular on this board after Trip died in TATV.

9. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

IIRC, there's a scene where Samuels tries to give Hoshi an order but she doesn't follow it. Since he's Prime Minister - the head of government for all Earth - shouldn't he also be her Commander in Chief? :confused:

Perhaps Earth's rules work differently. Maybe it's the Earth head of STATE (the President) who fulfills this role. Or maybe it's neither. Or maybe I need a drink.

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Samuels being the Prime Minister didn't happen until the books, so it's no surprise that he didn't have any military authority in the show.

11. magarity

12. magarity

Ah, I see; alas I only have the temperance to sit through the shows. I haven't read any of the novels since one where Captain Kirk was adopted as an honorary member of some alien race and they insisted on calling him by his complete name every time one talked to him.

By an amazing coincidence I remember that when watching Voyager I mentally referred to Captain Janeway as "Cupcake".

13. teacake

JJ must have stolen that from your mind. You should really write him a letter.

14. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

And Let's not forget Captain Lochley on Babylon 5 was referred to on the Internet as Capt. Cupcake

15. teacake

The internet, pfft..

(wait.. did I say that?)

16. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

All public officials should be slapped around like dime bag dealers down at the police precinct.

It's never been exactly clear who Starfleet works for. We did see a UESPA sign at one point, but is Starfleet a government agency? Maybe not.

:)