Another fan attempt at TOS deck plans

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Shaw, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. USS Mariner

USS Mariner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks for the scaled comparison shot of the set plans. By the way, how much hair did you pull out when you made that collage? ;)

(FYI, trying to match the scales of the blueprint scans is a really fast way to commit brain cell genocide.)

2. Nimitz CO

Nimitz CO Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

3. Shaw

Shaw Commodore Commodore

Well, I had started in on it last year (which was why I thought I had posted it). But when I went looking for it in this thread (and on my site) I realized I had stopped part way through (because it was such a pain).

I'm constantly going back over my posted sketches because it is easier to find those concepts and ideas in this thread than hunting through thousands of files on my system. And even if I didn't post everything I was working on at the time, I can at least narrow down the search of my system to a date range. So it was surprising when I realized I hadn't finished (or posted what I had started).

But thankfully I didn't have a lot of hair to start with. :eek:

Thanks for the link. I love seeing other people's approaches towards visualizing this type of thing. I've even been considering BrookeStephen's VRML method... when I have more time and when I get my SGI Indigo 2 back up and running again (as I had a bunch of VRML authoring software for that system as I recall).

4. TIN_MAN

TIN_MAN Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hoover DAM! that's cool, Nimitz CO. But I bet BrookeStephen will find it most useful, especially the bowling alley.

5. doctorwho 03

doctorwho 03 Captain Captain

<Frank Barone> Holy Crap! </Frank Barone> This guy is good!

6. BrookeStephen

BrookeStephen Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Now THAT guy is my kind of nutjob!! LOL
    Beautiful work - even while it's in the editor it looks nice!
    We need him on our BBS!
    Who's gonna recruit him?
    Hurry up! Quicker!

7. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

I just wish I could do that with my plans.

8. TIN_MAN

TIN_MAN Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Brookestephen, I would recruit him, but I'd have to register at 3d buzz, an I'm too lazy, so I'll pass. That reminds me, does anyone know where I can get a self clicking mouse?

9. BrookeStephen

BrookeStephen Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

OMG
    You goofy guy - I've been volunteering to help anyone who wants to do that - in VRML - and no one takes advantage! LOL:guffaw:

10. USS Mariner

USS Mariner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

BTW, this link is now dead. I hope someone decided to save this page before it got deleted....

11. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, most of the primary hull is still unfinished, but if you wanna take a crack at it...

12. CuttingEdge100

CuttingEdge100 Commodore Commodore

Remember that Elite-Force Dreadnought Mod?

Imagine if you could take the blueprints you ultimately will cook up and make an Elite-Force mod out of it?

That would be pretty amazing

13. TowerPower

TowerPower Commander Red Shirt

CRA sent me some of those set layouts once. Sorry if this has been asked already, Shaw, but is there any chance you could post the large version of all those set layouts together sometime?

Thanks,

14. Shaw

Shaw Commodore Commodore

Beyond bandwidth issues, I'm not sure of the copyright issues in publicly redistributing the full versions of those plans. What I've been releasing I am confident falls under the fair use definitions of US copyright laws, but what you are asking for comes too close to exceeding those privileges.

Frankly, I don't have the money, time or inclination push those boundaries.

But what I will do, and has always been part of this project, is provide redrawn versions of the set plans at much higher resolutions (as, again, that type of thing is covered under fair use). And hopefully I'll get that part of this done in the near future.

But those original plans are out there on the net... that was where I found them years ago.

15. CuttingEdge100

Sounds good enough to me

16. Shaw

Shaw Commodore Commodore

There are two great deck plans threads going on right now (Cary's and TIN_MAN's). So given that I'm working on my model of the Enterprise, using it to help make corrections to my 33 inch Enterprise plans, and have a few new clients who need web sites ASAP, I would hope that those other two threads would be more than enough to keep even the biggest TOS fans happy for a while.

I know I'll be participating in both as time and energy permit, so be sure to show them as much support as you guys have shown me! :techman:

17. 2000ator

2000ator Cadet Newbie

Hi all.[​IMG]
    These plans are great
    I was also in the middle of some new visualisations of the Enterprise and seem to have found the bridge does fit after following the plan views and just making sure the turbo lifts line up from deck to deck. A composite of all the decks superimposed on one another seemed to be the key.
    A startling and beutifull design is revealed in the Original deck plan concept by Matt and Franz Which I thought needed illuminating.

I'm starting a new thread called Enterprise Revealed.
    Hope you enjoy it

18. CuttingEdge100

2000ator,

The image did not load

19. PvtKtara

PvtKtara Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Passing on a question:

20. CuttingEdge100

PvtKtara,

Good question