The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
  2. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Bit of a slow period, so I've gone back and picked up a few more DCUC figures that I missed. Got Jonah Hex and the Creeper, and finally have my Bane BAF complete. I also grabbed Mr. Miracle. Now my Kalibak is only missing his left arm. I need to find a Hawkman for a decent price, now.

Few things are more enraging than incomplete Build-a-Figures.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I forgot to mention that I finally got my New 52 Justice League Superman a couple of weeks back. I loves him!!! Pretty much what I expected out of the figure and have no real complaints at all. I might post a picture if I have the time. The one other figure that I have to go...is Arthur, which has become surprisingly rare since no one expected Geoff Johns book to be so awesome :) I will probably end up getting him from Big Bad as well sometime in the next month.

4. cooleddie74

Looks like one of the brand new figures we'll be getting this fall when the new 3.75” collector line debuts is the pilot Droid of Count Dooku's solar sailer from the end of AOTC....the one with little bulldozer or tank-like treads for feet.

It was originally going to be a Build-A-Droid figure divided into separate pieces but now we'll be getting the Droid all at once and on a black cardback.

5. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Ok, that's a figure I have just about no interest in whatsoever. I'm glad that he wont be a BAF for people that want him, though. It was almost impossible to complete any of the Build-A-Droids in the past. I am still bitter about never being able to get HK-47.

6. cooleddie74

I think another one of the cancelled Build-A-Droids that will now come on a cardback in one piece is a "realistic" interpretation of Jabba the Hutt's protocol droid from The Clone Wars, but I could be mistaken. I remember a Hasbro fair or convention display showing a muticolored protocol droid that looked an awful lot like Jabba's translator from the 2008 animated movie.

Now that's a droid I could care less about. The Dooku Pilot Droid is a robot a lot of fans have wanted for ten years just to have a wider variety of droid designs in their collection. It would be cool if they released the Solar Sailer craft with retractable, fold-down fabric sails, but now that we're not getting Episode II in 3-D the market for a ship seen for just a few short minutes in a prequel is pretty limited....I don't see Hasbro making the Sailer anytime soon, perhaps ever.

7. cooleddie74

Just breaking on Jedi Temple Archives:

The Clone Wars line might be dead after the first one or two waves of 2013. A popular German collecting site with a lot of reliable information is very strongly hinting that both the Clone Wars figure line as well as the Class I and II ships and vehicles might be cancelled a few months into the new year.

Linky Linky

If true, at least it lasted almost five years. A shame it started falling apart at the seams starting in 2012. Last year was a pale shadow of what the 2011 lineup offered with only eighteen basic figures the entire year....a lot of them repaints and repacks.

8. Admiral_Young

I saw the Starship Legends Enterprise-B in the comic shop today when I popped in...and boy oh boy does it look great. I passed on it though since of course I'm waiting for the Enterprise-E later this month. It was great to know these are finally shipping though.

9. cooleddie74

I might just have to buy these two Enterprises if and when I see them. I can't get enough Enterprise-B....she's a gorgeous ship.

10. Admiral_Young

^ I was really impressed with it...I literally had to force myself to put it back down on the shelf and walk away haha. I was pleasantly surprised the comic shop got it shipped so soon. This is a good sign. I think Enterprise-E's shipping date is in a couple of weeks, which is perfect. I asked the owner if he could put one aside for me (I'm a regular there) and he said he would.

11. cooleddie74

Refresh my memory: have they made An Enterprise NX-01 yet? If not, have they announced plans to?

12. Admiral_Young

I don't recall if they have made one...but I believe that one is part of the line later this year.

13. cooleddie74

Oh, good. I'm in the market for a new NX-01 model or toy. There hasn't been a good, affordable one that I can remember since the Art Asylum electronic toy from a decade ago.

14. Admiral_Young

The NX-01 is also part of the Hot Wheels line as well as mentioned. I will probably end up picking up both.

15. cooleddie74

New York Toy Fair starts Saturday!

I hope we post pics from the Fair so we can share them and discuss what's in store. A little birdie keeps whispering that some of us might be getting some very pleasant surprises in those manufacturer display cases.

This will also be the best chance to reveal any 3.75" action figure line for Star Trek Into Darkness if one is going to be marketed....we already know about the Kre-O building block toys that will be in stores but there's a surprising dearth of information about the much-discussed Hasbro action figure line. Toy Fair may confirm whether or not it will actually exist, so keep your eyes peeled.

16. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

17. cooleddie74

At this point any new Trek merchandise will be welcome. The line might have died an early death but the Art Asylum Enterprise catalogue of figures and toys was one of the last times Trek collectibles got me excited. The sculpting and detail on those figures, playsets and accessories were top-notch and surpass almost anything done on a smaller scale even today.

Now that thing looked like Scott Bakula.

18. C.E. Evans

I agree, although my favorite line of Star Trek figures was the Galoob TNG line (I grew up in the Kenner Star Wars era--'nuff said).

I think if Hasbro does a Star Trek XII action figure line, it's going to be a small one--only a few figures (Kirk, Spock, and the main bad guy).

19. cooleddie74

Oh, for sure. I certainly don't expect to see any characters beyond the main seven and Cumberbatch.

Carol Marcus? Keenser? Even Pike? Forget about it.

20. C.E. Evans

I don't think we're even going to see the main seven. IMO, the main thing Hasbro will be pushing from Star Trek XII will be the Kre-O stuff and some role play items (phaser, communicator, and maybe a tricorder).