Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by captcalhoun, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Ant-Man is allegedly still a Phase Two film, nothing official to the contrary has been said that I've seen yet.

However, the studio did rearrange Ant-Man to now appear after Avengers 2. Leading many to justifiably ask, is Ant-Man now the start of Phase 3?

Until we hear otherwise (unless I missed the announcement) we should continue thinking Ant-Man is the last film of Phase 2.

2. USS Mariner

USS Mariner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Given that this is Stark we're talking about here, it likely that the fridge asked the armor to fetch it's "mistress."

3. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Wednesday. That is new comic book day, after all. ;)

4. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

Kind of mixed on the official trailer. I'll keep an open mind, but I have to admit Mandarin doesn't look or sound quite right from the brief bits we get. I can see where one would get an impression of Bane.

5. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

No alien background

https://twitter.com/Armageddon26

[​IMG]

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hmm, so I wonder if they will make it technological, or if they'll be magic. Maybe they'll tie it into Asgard?

7. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

The trailer was remarkable good. I didn't think it was going to be as good as it was. Very moody.

Still, I'm done with these stories, I think. I'll see it if a crowd invites me along.

8. Flying Spaghetti Monster

I've changed my tune on the trailer, folks.

Iron Man 3 looks like total shit. Do I care that they blew up all of his suits except one with cheap CGI explosions? No. Do I care that he is suffering from post traumatic stress after fighting nameless aliens in a fun comic book action scene in NYC? No. Do I care whether it's him or his suit that makes him the hero? Not really, no. If that's the only idea Hollywood can come up with that's pretty sad. I'll watch Cloud Atlas again....

9. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Clearly Robert Downey Jr.'s ego has taken over the Iron Man franchise.

10. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

My bet is on technological.. Stark isn't the only tech genius in the world and what Stark needs is someone his size to fight against.

11. Flying Spaghetti Monster

You don't have to be an ass. Sure, my posts have all supported my belief that Hollywood has decided against creativity and replaced it with some substitute in which only those who are already well-known will have the most freedom to do what they want. It's my opinion and I'm posting it because that's what we do here.

12. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^

I'm not sure what to make of your opinions to be honest ;)

13. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

His opinions are meaningless, judging by his posting record. :shrug:

14. Flying Spaghetti Monster

I admitted my contradiction which was my point. I changed my mind. It happens. Usually after a film a film comes out it changes. I posted the first opinion when the trailer premiered... and I was struck by it's dark tone and moody atmosphere.

But I realized watching it the other night, that I don't think there is a lot of depth to Stark or any of these other hero characters.

15. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

For me, the primary appeal of the first two films in the series was the irreverent tone. Why take the third installment so seriously? (Or at least, advertise it as such).

16. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Because the Iron Man movies don't exist in a vacuum. Things have changed in the world and Tony Stark was at the heart of those world-changing events. Of course he's going to be affected by them.

17. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

It's not so much a changing of opinion can't happen. Of course it can.

But from "remarkably good" to "total shit?" You gotta' admit, that reads pretty funny.

18. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Haters gonna hate.

19. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Because like everyone else I do like a good bit of popcorn entertainment. I thought Avengers was a lot of fun. Upon examination, at least half of that script was total BS, but I don't always notice at first. Same with the trailer. I saw it, liked the fact it was moody, and was enthusiastic. Then some weeks passed, and I was talking to friends about it, and realized that Stark is a character that's already been played out. So has Bruce Wayne. And Peter Parker.. all those guys. Then I saw Cloud Atlas which has real ideas. I started writing, thinking, writing, and watching things again.

Then I realized that this new film is tripe, that it's cultural diarrhea, to borrow a phrase. I was pulled in like everyone else, there you have it.

20. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

1. The word you're looking for is "sequel".
    2. You haven't seen it yet.