Smallville Season 11, it"s happening...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ncc71877, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

YOU were disappointed? ;)

2. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

That Q... He's such a tease!

:lol:

3. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Just in case we forgot why Tess should be cloned and have her mind transferred:

[​IMG]

Any questions?

:p

:devil:

:evil:

:drool:

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Again I don't think anyone's forgotten. :)

Q will be part of the DC Digital Comics panel at SDCC this weekend, so we should get some scoop on what he has planned for both the immediate and near future.

5. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

Cool. I had forgotten that this was this weekend. Please keep us posted. I'll come back to this thread to get my news.

:bolian:

6. Admiral James Kirk

Too busy choking the chicken to comment... :drool:

7. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

And on that note, it's about time for Admiral Young to comment once again that this thread is off-track. Just like the good old days, when the average Smallville commentary thread devolved into a discussion about sex in about five posts or less.

:devil:

8. Admiral_Young

That was always an indication of how bad the show was :) Now we actually can have actual plot and character discussion thanks to Q :)

9. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

On that note, I managed to read Issue #54 last night. There's nothing further that I can add that AJK and yourself haven't covered, but I must say that the artwork on this issue was really superb. There were several panels where the likeness on both Tess and Emil were spot-on, unlike the past few issues with Kara where she really didn't look anything like Laura (except for the drawing in the title page).

And as to my theory, the various things that Tess said certainly make me think she'd welcome having a real body again and be done with being the ghost in the machine. I have faith that this is where Q is heading with this.

Clone Tess Now!!

:techman:

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Do any of you guys watch Longmire? Cassidy Freeman is on it as the main character's daughter.

11. Admiral_Young

I've watched occasional episodes but haven't been able to get into it yet...but yeah, she's great in it :)

12. Admiral James Kirk

It is time! Smallville: Season 11 #56 - Olympus Part 1 hit "Man's World" today and it's more of a tease than a full fledged comic! ;)

The story opens with a little tow haired boy washed up on an island. Immediately images of Oliver Queen come to mind even though I know this isn't an Ollie story. :D Thoughts of Green Arrow are immediately extinguished when a ltitle girl dressed in Wonder Woman's armor appears, spear in hand, asking the boy if he's a man.

They're not allowed you know. ;)

Well during the conversation we learn the boy is none other than Steve Trevor. Soon after an unseen danger approaches and little Diana claims Steve as her "Secret Boy".

And every male on Earth pumped a fist in the air knowing he would grow up living the dream!

Cut to TODAY and we find Martha Kent in the back of a limo with some weirdo named "Bones". He's the head of the D.E.O. NOT the CMO of the Starship Enterprise in case you were wondering. :P

Anyway he thinks Martha has the capes in her pocket and he's clearly wanting some favors from the good senator. Before we can get too deep into what he really wants they are attacked by shadowy metahuman assassins. Martha runs for it but she needn't have worried because a gorgeous, sexy brunette with a stunning bracelet ensemble shows up to rescue her. The bad guys do try to dent the nice lady's bracelets with bullets but these bracelets were made to last and the bullets bounced right off.

Gotta love that craftsmanship! ;)

Anyway Martha calls Clark who is sleeping-Lois lying atop him-floating a few feet above the mattress. Basically she recaps what I just recapped and tells him that "...someone saved me,". We get a neat panel of Diana in white cat suit and Remy Zero ears their royalty. ;)

What can I say about this issue?

If it were an episode of the show it would be the teaser. The story has not yet materialized. We get an idea that there's a government agency that appears to be in the business of recruiting supers but we don't know fi they're good guys. Checkmate sure weren't. Diana does appear to be working for them but appearances can be deceiving. It's safe to assume that at some point Steve Trevor will be getting involved but what form that will take is up in the air. He certainly is going to be a different Steve than any we've seen before.

I am excited about the possibilities this story offers us and can't wait for next issue!

BTW special shout out to Jorge Jimenez! I though he gave the action scenes in this issue a little extra OOMPH. I also loved his character design for Diana. Gorgeous but practical. On the negative side his Martha Kent looked like a cross between Annette O'Toole and a transvestite.

Nuff said! See ya next week!

13. Admiral_Young

Heh. We're on page 52 now ;)

I'll have my thoughts on this later this evening.

14. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Going to try to finish 55 tonight, then get 56. As always, Admiral Kirk's commentary/review has me psyched for the book itself.

15. Admiral_Young

Wow was that fast paced, and yeah that was basically the teaser act. What we got was incredible though. Young Steve being washed up on the shores of Themiscryra and being discovered, quite conveniently by young Diana, after a "lightning strike" on his parents boat. I think this might have Zeus behind this...Q is definitely homaging Agent Diana Prince right now. The classic bracelet repelling of bullets, the save of Martha! Martha! Director Bones offering her a position within the DEO is genius given her backstory. So far Q has forgotten nothing at all. Clark and Lois floating sleeping...and JORGE is back!!!! Squeeeeeee. He did a lovely job in this issue. Diana is beautiful. Martha looked great IMO. I have no idea what Faust's interest in Martha is right now...other than he possibly would know her connection to Superman. Looks like he has a following of some kind.

16. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Hey guys, guess what? I'm caught up on reading SV!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Shocking, I know, right? Anyway, starting off with Ish 55, Tess is a true hero (in addition to being one tough, sexy, digital bitch) and she fully deserves to have Emil clone her hot bod and transfer her mind back into it. I tell ya boys, this has GOT to be where Q ultimately takes this; I will be royally pissed if we get to the end of the season, Tess is still stuck playing the role of a voluptuous HAL.

:klingon:

Putting that thought aside for the moment, onward to 56. Like the rest of you, I've been greatly looking forward to seeing Diana/WW in this book, ever since our beloved Chloe made reference to her in Season 10. And I was not disappointed by her appearance, brief as it was. And I love the fact that she's been drawn to be, shall we say, anatomically correct.

:bolian:

No shit, this guy certainly bears no resemblance to De Kelly's beloved doctor, that's for certain. This Department of Extranormal Operations is like a shadowy, illicit version of my own DPI (Department of Paranormal Investigations) which I developed for my three-series, shared universe. I get the impression their the SV Uni's version of S.H.I.E.L.D., with less honorable intentions. Very interested to see where this all goes.

And let's not forget that I pointed out the same thing in the 'Argo' storyline with Booster!

This really is good stuff. It's a cryin' shame that the TV show was never this good.

I'm in for the full ride, folks! Very eager for this coming Friday.

:techman:

17. Admiral James Kirk

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECMfRfwJ4wM[/yt]

18. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

You're too funny, AJK!

19. Admiral_Young

Comparing anything to Shield is a little difficult since I don't believe that the DCU has something comparable, there are too many different shadowy organizations. I wouldn't exactly call the Department of Extranormal Operations nefarious. They're not like Checkmate. The DEO's agenda is to monitor metahumans with extranormal abilities and safeguard the nation against any possible threat they may pose. Director Bones is their current eccentric leader...thus making them extremely enigmatic. We've been teased to their presence in prior arcs, I don't remember exactly when now...I think it might have been back in the Lois/Lana mini-arc when an agent of their was mention. I think it was Cameron Chase.

That is why I stated that it was genius of Q to have Bones offer Martha a position within the DEO given her previous stint as Red Queen of Checkmate. Q is not forgetting any of the show's continuity while tying everything together and further progressing the plots and character arcs. This is his true genius.

20. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Well no denying that, for certain. And you're far better at remembering the various continuity details than I am, not to mention all of the source material from other DC titles. This promises to be a most enjoyable ride. From my perspective, there's been very little filler (save maybe for the Lana story).

;)