Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    I would bet that the Zhukov variant would be a fleet ship skin.

2. TheRoyalFamily

TheRoyalFamily Commodore Commodore

Got that...the second time finishing. The first time, after finishing and warping out, it went back to some old mission objective and made me do most of the mission over again :borg:

3. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

Got my Ambassador, the USS Littlefinger. :D

4. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Daniel Stahl mentioned the following in a dev chat on the test server earlier:

<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Ambassador is headed to Fleet Store - not C-Store from what I heard.

Also, other bits of news:

<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: The term "Season 8" is dead to me - the next update in May is bigger than a season.

<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Denise is coming back in March to work on more missions with us.

<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We will consider fused gear along with other crafting ideas when we re-look at crafting in a future update.

<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Crafting is not in the May update - it is after.

<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We are considering Risa for a future summer event.

<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: New UI that Thomas the Cat is working on is a reskinning and reLCARsing of existing UI - improving - not replacing.

<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We are going to support your choice UI coloring.

<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Andorian Ship in Feb. Andorian ship might be ship(s).

<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We may have multiple ships under you command in space when we hit Fleet Admiral ranks.

<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We are redoing our Character Creator for May - almost completely remade.

<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: We are going to be adding more costume options for the next big update - more than normal.

<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Cryptic Designed Ships are coming - some in May.

5. Bigjoe

Bigjoe Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm looking for a fleet to join. Is this the best place to ask?

6. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Almost.. there is a dedicated threat to discuss TrekBBS Armada matters and recruiting.
    but here will also do, if you post your name@handle from the game for an invite.

Edit: And welcome to the board. :)

7. Timelord Victorious

On another note: I have my 1100 day of subscription today.

You wouldn't believe the veteran reward they gave out. And no leaks until now!!!!!

I actually got a customizable bridge for free.
    You can choose between 3 sizes, 3 decor styles (Archer era, movie era and TNG era)!!!

Don't care much for the title: Starfleet Relict, don't think I will use it at all.

8. TheRoyalFamily

TheRoyalFamily Commodore Commodore

Pics or it didn't happen.

9. Timelord Victorious

What? no one else got 1100 days yet? What were your new vet rewards? ;)

10. Jim Gamma

Jim Gamma This space left blank intentionally. Rear Admiral

I'll let you know on Tuesday :p

11. Timelord Victorious

12. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

13. Timelord Victorious

14. mic of orion

mic of orion Commander Red Shirt

fleet i'm currently in, its a level 16 fleet, soon to be level 17 fleet, its a good active fleet, doing loads of dill/zen trading as of late, bought zen when it was down at 84, sold 10 000 zen when it was up at 95, made loads. still got loads of zen left, zen is back down again on 88, bought 5500 will wait to go to 92, although i think Zen will fall back again down to 85 with in few days or week or two. Demand for Dill is much too great, especially now that loads of new players are finally joining the game.

Way game was set up in season 7 is not really productive for established players to do much other than grind dill and fleet marks if they really need them, I've got well over 10 000 fleet marks (1000 000+ fleet credits) but find little time now for fleet mark missions I used to run with fleet mates.

normally 5 of us would do 2 hours of fleet marks event do like 10-12 missions during fleet mark bonus event and than followed it on with 1 hour Romulus marks, but now its really not feasible for me to do such events, even though returns are great i.e we could easily scoop 300-320 fleet marks in 2 hour bonus play (often 400-500 marks) I find that dill has taken over and now i have little time for much else, dill farming on all my toons do now, takes majority of my game play time, It is quiet annoying, game is becoming monotonous and really boring, anyone else having same experience ?

anyways my fleet's starbase, its a longish vid, if you like it comment and thumb it up. posted few more vids there, if you like what you see subscribe, no pressure. :techman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNDF0u6Lk-U

15. Amaris

Damn. :lol:
    The default bridge given was terrible, too. They really need to work on bridge textures.

16. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Just popped into STO for a minute to move some stuff around in inventory and bank. Dear god, the Ambassadors, the Ambassadors. :lol:

17. Amaris

In a couple of weeks, many people will have moved on to other ships. The Ambassador is just a novelty for most at the moment. Except for me, of course. :D

18. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

I can see it becoming my primary for most missions--unless I need the bigger guns on the Odyssey class in my collection. The Ambassador has a good balance to it and what little I've played it so far it can hold its own in most cases.

19. Amaris

Oh, it's definitely well balanced. When I switched from my Sovereign to the Ambassador, everything fit in place without having to re-arrange or leave out anything. The ship can take a beating, and give out some punishment at the same time. It's an excellent multi-mission vessel.

Plus, it's gorgeous. :adore:

[​IMG]

20. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I wish I could love playing with the Ambassador, I love the ship's look but I can never love the ship's role in STO. It is very telling that I now have 8 characters and only one is in a Cruiser. I've never liked playing a tank class in any MMO. With STO, that feeling is very much more amplified because no one else believe tanking cruisers are useful and important. I think I'll stop now, I'm starting to gripe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.