What's the most expensive or valuable ST item you own.

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by enterprisecvn65, Apr 29, 2015.

1. IrishNero

IrishNero Commodore

I have a few of the toy phase pistols from ENT that came out and were immediately available on the 'clearance' shelves. You know, just because that show was so popular with the kids...Anyway, because those toys saw a limited production, and it's not likely there will be another run anytime soon, I have seen those $7 phase pistols going for as high as $185. As for sentimental value, nothing beats my autographed cast photos, but most of the sigs were at leased signings vice conventions. But still, they all touched it. :)

2. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

I used to have the Franklin Mint gold and silver 3-D Chess Set... that was pricey as I recall, but, like a complete tool, I lost it in the only eviction I ever went through. Other than that, I have a ton of stuff that's probably worth most to me. I suppose if I sold it all I could clear over a grand, but that's more a comment on its quantity than its individual monetary value.

The only stuff I'm actively collecting are model kits... and also slowly completing my collection of FASA's Star Trek RPG from the 80's.

--Alex

3. Captain Rob

Captain Rob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Back in the old days of my previous career as a movie theatre manager for United Artists. We did several promotional displays for the TNG movies. For Insurrection and Nemesis I had created a stand alone 'sensor station' that had three 36 inch long back lit graphics. The top one was a profile display of the Enterprise-E that I had created using Photoshop. it was made up of almost three dozen closeup screen captures from the old "Captain's Chair" game of the big graphic at the back of the Enterprise-E bridge. I used Photoshop to stitch them together and add extra details. The middle graphic was three different sensor displays and the bottom one was a screen capture of the CONN station panel.
    The console incorporated some blinky lights that I had scavenged from old movie standees. The kids loved to walk by and play as if they were pressing buttons on the control panel. Some adults too. They would even make the beeping sounds.
    The Nemesis display also included a section of corridor that we built that fit into the entrance hall in front of the ticket taker stand. You would have to walk through to get to your movie. The end of the hall was covered in black paper that was lit with blacklights that simulated the damaged corridor and the space beyond that Data jumped out of to reach the Scimitar.
    The graphics took many hours to create and I still have them stored in my closet. One day I might make a lightbox to display them in.

4. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

5. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

That whole sentence of mine was really meant as a joke, but...
    ...ever since the guy who ran a T'Pau (the band) newsletter that I used to be signed up for was arrested for breaking into the lead singer's home after he listed a bunch of songs that she was working on that had never been seen outside of her house in the newsletter, I don't doubt much of anything like that. :wtf: :lol:

6. IrishNero

IrishNero Commodore

Geez, that sounds really cool! I bet those are pretty kick-ass. I always wanted to have an LCARS display on my wall but I can't convince my wife that it's a great décor item for anything but my man cave. :lol:

7. enterprisecvn65

enterprisecvn65 Captain Captain

Let me guess. It's either Picard's little flute thing from the inner light or one of Shatner's rugs from TOS.

8. IrishNero

IrishNero Commodore

I was thinking it was Spot from TNG; which USSTriumphant had immortalized via a taxidermist. :guffaw:

9. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

It's actually Jadzia's spots....which I had immortalized via a taxidermist. :shifty:

:lol:

10. t_smitts

t_smitts Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Now wouldn't THAT have produced a different reaction of Data at the end of "Generations". :devil:

11. Hela

Hela Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I brought the La La Land TOS soundtrack box set. That was...not cheap.

I waited and got the TNG blurays in the box set as well. That was around $200 with 20% off. Luckily, selling on my DVDs paid for some of that.

I probably have spent a lot on model kits. It's kind-of difficult to tell, because it tends to be lots of little payments rather than the one big one.

12. xvicente

xvicente Captain Captain

Wow, I didn't know that existed. I didnt know, either, that TOS had so much music as to fill 15 CD's. So many tracks seem reused episode after episode.

13. Hela

Hela Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There's a fair amount of alternate/unused tracks and cues, but I too was pretty surprised at how much original music there was.

I have the TNG, DS9 and ENT CD's as well. Because they were released in volumes, they're not quiet so pricey. The extended film scores were worth the money as well,though I missed 09's. If I do nut-up and get that, that would probably end up being the most expensive piece.

14. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

Yeah, I came into this thread thinking "I have nothing "valuable" from Star Trek", then I saw
    So yeah, that's the most expensive Trek item I own (aside from TOS on Blu and DVD, TNG on Blu and DVD, and (most of) the movies on Blu and DVD...).

Most "valuable" is technically the copy of the Star Trek Encyclopedia with my dad's "Merry Christmas" sticky note in it. No monetary value involved at this point, of course. :)

15. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

A couple of mine are more "rare" than potentially valuable: Some of my favorites are:

-A signed "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" theater program (Shatner)
    -A "Star Trek V: The Final Frontier" cardboard movie theater promotional display ("Have they gone too far?")
    -The original "Star Trek V: The Final Frontier" theater poster, signed by Shatner, Nichols and Takei
    -The original (not a reprint) "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan" theater poster
    -A metal / resin phaser prop recreation of the phaser from Trek V and VI.
    -Several hard cover coffee table books (Trek Encyclopedia, The Art of Star Trek, etc)
    -Several first-edition James Blish adaption novels
    -Several original first-edition photostory novels (TMP, TWOK, and 2-3 episodes from TOS)
    -A picture of myself and my wife on the replica TNG bridge from "The Star Trek Experience" in Las Vegas
    -An unopened bottle of Romulan Ale beer

...and lots, LOTS more. These are just some of the more fun ones that come to mind.

16. trekkier

trekkier Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Id say:

-Master Replicas First Contact Phaser
    -EFX collectables First Contact Tricorder, with a plaque signed by Spiner
    -All of trek on DVD/Blu-ray
    -All 5 Captains autographs
    -My slowly growing Eaglemoss Starship Collection
    -All the AA/DST ships
    -All the tech/behind the scenes manuals that Ive gotten (and re-bought) over the years

Just to name a few!

17. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

A collection of about 450 Star Trek novels, both English and German editions. Some of the novels are rare and out of stock.

Will anyone offer more?

18. K'Toska

K'Toska Commander Red Shirt

My most valuable ST item is only valued at about $20 lol. I love it dearly though. It's my "Dammit, Jim" shirt. I'm a hardcore Dr. McCoy fan.

19. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

Then you should read DRG III`s Crucible - McCoy novel, if you haven´t done that already.

20. K'Toska

K'Toska Commander Red Shirt

Thanks! Will do. :)