Arrow - Season 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^Apparently it was too hard to do it even on a triple-A movie budget. Just got around to watching that the other week...yikes!

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Nah, the FX in that movie were fine.

3. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

You think so? Personally, I thought they were bloody awful. The mask and costume alone...I just can't believe someone looked at that and thought it was a good idea.

4. sojourner

The mask and costume weren't great, but the ring effects were fine.

5. Fist McStrongpunch

Fist McStrongpunch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I didn't think the costume was bad at all. It looked the way it was supposed to look. Like this weird construct made of light.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought the effects overall were pretty good. Some of the designs might not have been great, but the actual execution of the effects was good.

7. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I wonder if they'll move Felicity to the new Flash series.

And Ollie could use a cool new superhero's motorcycle.

8. sojourner

That is a cool motorcycle.

This episode was actually kind of meh, but hey it had a tough couple of episode to follow up on. And hey, has it been 5 weeks in universe? Not sure they made that clear enough.:lol:

9. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

"DC-52" to all units! :)

The mirakuru/island subplot doesn't really appeal to me that much. I'm starting to get bored of it. I wonder at which point they're going to stop doing island flashbacks.

Otherwise, not a bad episode. The Shrapnel villain seemed to have come out of nowhere. At least everyone else had something to do. Super Roy discovered his newfound abilities. Laurel did some research on Sebastian Blood's background.

10. sojourner

Oh, was it me or did Slade have a different haircut from when we last saw him (not counting his burnt look)? It just seemed jarringly different and for a few seconds I thought they had switched actors.

11. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Yea I barely recongized Slade either but then thought maybe it was intentional to give him a new Mirakuru rebirth look.
    I said it earlier in the thread but I am constantly amazed at this shows ability to juggle so many characters and give them all something to do every week. The writers have a great handle on this aspect of the show. Now they dont always have good things for them to do. Laurels mistrust of Blood for instance makes no sense. And was it just me or did she look very plain this week?
    The villian this week was also a throw away. I would have hoped for more on that front but Shrapnel is not one of the best bad guys you could choose. Had he been caught in one of his own explosions near the end of the episode and his body become embedded with metal fragments that would have been better. It was a neat escape by Ollie though from his death trap.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Slade looked different but I recognized him. The actor got a haircut and shaved the side of his face for the present day scenes. It gives him a more refined look fitting the comics. But its a change for filming the flashbacks without any explanation. Same issue they have with Oliver.

13. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

This version of Shrapnel reminded me of Mad Stan for a minute.

14. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I enjoyed the EP. Nice Batman Begins moment in the beginning he even had the voice down. LOL. I am guessing Ollie & Blood got close over the 5 weeks? I don't remember them being that chummy. I am probably wrong. Always love seeing Felicity, Thea & The Borg Queen. :D I like seeing Katie Cassidy too but they seem to be struggling with Laurel.

15. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

Obviously, Mira-Kuru gives you a clean shave after each injection...;)

16. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i think the effects were good, especially during the training segment of the movie. It was the goofiness of the ending...with Hal singlehandedly beating Parallax, just ruined the movie for me. Had Hal been PART of a Corps team that all try to beat Parallax, with Hal's unique creativity (being a Earth guy, especially from America) being key to saving the day.... THAT would've worked for me.

But back to where this tangent started....what other hero could play the "conservative" to Oliver's "liberal" (if the TV character even thinks like that)...maybe Diggle?

I would for it to be revealed the Felicity is her MIDDLE name...and that her first name is Iris :bolian:

Also -- i appreciate the conflcit with Felicity and the resolution...keeps Oliver human, and respects Felicity,

17. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

^The Question would be a good conservative foil for Ollie.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not a bad episode, but nothing spectacular. Can't really think of any specific comments at the moment.

19. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep, it was fine. Perfectly normal and healthy for a show like this to have just-fine cooldown eps now and then. Wouldn't mind an update on Walter or Digg's personal life...

20. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I love the "Saint Walker's Hospital" reference. Their motto should be "All will be well."