Lost Fifth Season Finale: "The Incident"

Discussion in 'Lost' started by Agent Richard07, May 13, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

79.6%
  2. Above Average

14.6%
  3. Average

2.9%
  4. Below Average

1.9%
  5. Poor

1.0%
  1. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

WORD!

:lol:

2. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't think that time travel minus changing the timeline was an option. Either they changed the timeline and they travel (before the bomb can kill anyone since it should be instantaneous) or they don't change the timeline and they're all killed in the blast.

Since the cast is unlikely to be all killed, I'd say that they've time-travelled somewhere. And since the entire drama of Jack's actions revolve around the idea that time travel will neutralize everything they've been through, their bodies won't go along for the ride - they will travel into their bodies whenever they happen to be. The question is whether their memories will also be zapped.

If their bodies time travel then their memories will also travel, and then what was the fuss about Jack wiping out everyone's memories and destroying their history together so that they all become strangers? That could work w/n the established logic - to the extent that any logic has been established - but it wouldn't work dramatically at all.

3. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

Depends how time works in Lost doesn't it? Right now it seems like it can loop rather than create alternative time lines. We've seen that already. I've theorized elsewhere (oh, wait, actually in this thread) that what we're watching now may already be an interation in a time loop that goes around. A signiture of a time loop that is manipulated would be unusual concidences. What do we have in a lost, a bunch of unusual conincidences. The whys of that, I won't repeat but I've tossed it out earlier in this thread. It's a wild theory, I could well be wrong.

Mr Awe

4. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

My reason for thinking Juliet may not be dead is because that scene was almost an exact mirror for the scene at the end of Season 2 where Des is caught in the hatch explosion. Des survived the hatch explosion, ergo Juliet may very well survive the swan explosion.

5. exodus

Desmond didn't have internal injuries as was the case by her bleeding from the mouth before it blew.

Seeing how that happen & if she got blown up in the air like Desmond too, she sho' be dead now!

6. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Why has nobody mentioned Sayid wearing Horace's jumpsuit? They seemed to make a big point of it?

Wasn't "Horace" the skeleton guy Hurley found in the van? Or am I misremembering that?

7. Jaron

Jaron Captain Captain

No, the guy in the van was Roger Workman aka Roger Linus aka Ben's Jerkass Dad.

8. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Ah... thanks. Then I wonder what the point was of Sayid taking Horace's jumpsuit. It could have been anybody's for going undercover. In fact it SHOULD have been anybody's instead of such a prominent person's.

9. exodus

Isn't everything on the show about 6 degrees of seperation?

10. zengoth

zengoth Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

and why wasn't Horace in his jumpsuit? hmmmm

11. zengoth

zengoth Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If the 815 passengers get returned to their plane and wind up @Lax, would life in Dharmaville have gone back to it's original setting (bookclub brunches with Ben & Juliet?) as well?

12. Mallet

Mallet Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I figured they were trying to show that the tunnel entrance to the Other's catacombs was in the basement of Horace's house, which turns out to also be Ben's house in 2004. We know this because in the future(present) we have seen Ben use the basement to enter the catacombs.

I assume showing us this was just to tie up loose ends for earlier episodes, like where Ben went when he summoned Smokey.

13. Mallet

Mallet Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This is another thought I just had.

We still haven't seen the stealing of the other raft (by Sawyer & co.) from the new crashies point of view. That means at some point they have to leave the "foot" and return to the beach and see Sawyer & Co. paddling away and then give chase. Then Juliet will shoot one of them. I wonder who gets hit?

I thought we'd get this scene this season, but I guess it is still to come next year.

...Unless the future has been changed and it now never happens...

14. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Oh. My. God. That was just excellent! Watching that episode was one of the most gripping TV experiences I ever had. I don't know why I didn't start to follow this show earlier. It amazes me how the writers, directors and actors constantly manage to produce such wonderful episodes. I love this show! How the fuck am I supposed survive the next nine months? :(

I always figured it's lying in the water. Is that improbable?

15. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ on Lost? Noooo.... :lol:

16. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The same way the rest of us managed it for the last two years. ;)

One good thing about season 6 being the final season; this is the last time those bastards can do this to us and expect us to wait almost a year to find out what happens. And if the series finale ends on a shocking twist with no explanation then I am going to kill Damon and Carlton. Slowly.

17. TGTheodore

TGTheodore Writer Admiral

Wow! The ending was a direct rip-off of Beneath the Planet of the Apes. ;)

--Ted

18. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Yeah, I know. I, on the other hand, watched the whole series in one long session in the course of a little over a week. So I never really had to wait up until now. Oh boy, I'm not accustomed to wait so long.

But ... but ... but this is about the journey, not the destination! :evil:

19. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Screw the journey! I have invested over four years into this show and this finale made me realise that I still don't have a clue as to what the frak is going on!

20. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Wow. That season finale was either the BEST episode ever or the WORSE episode ever. I still haven't made up my mind. :rommie: