A Khan Sequel ?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by srombomb, May 12, 2009.

?

Khan in the sequel?

1. YES

13.9%
  2. NO

86.1%
  1. urbandk

urbandk Commodore Commodore

Re: My argument for a Kahn sequel...

Seriously. We only get one movie every couple years.

No Khan, please.

[​IMG]

2. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

no, no nno..
    i liked space seed and wrath of khan.
    also voyage home and to a lesser degree search for spock.
    but due to khan and his actions they spent three films dealing with him or the consequnece of his actions.

really the prime time for the characters.

i just dont want to see that much time again spent dealing with khan and the issues he creates.

if they want to mention khan some place in the background but dont make him a major story element.

3. urbandk

Or have him be the teaser for the third film... Oh, look at this, it's the Botany Bay.

4. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I can imagine that.

Pike gives Kirk a picture taken of the floating Botany Bay.
    "I'll look into it."
    Kirk jumps off building and glides away.

5. fresh

fresh Lieutenant Red Shirt

Well it would seem like a rehash to us ... but not to anyone else, because seriously, has anyone over 25 actually seen Wrath of Khan?
    It would be brand new to all the new fans/moviegoers ... so problem solved, not a rehash.
    Plus if you want a compelling movie, use the best villain ... it would be perfect.
    Of course it would have to be written well, I hope they can pull it off.
    I'm not worried about casting or execution, the Abrams and co are great at that.

6. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

WoK was a popualr movie, so you have on the one had name recognition, and on t'other rehashing, plus nitpicking if it isn't enough like the original.

New universe, new storeis.

I thought about it, and liked the Khan idea, then I thought about it some more and came to the opposite conclusion.

7. Jon1701

Jon1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Still think they might do it.

Whether we like the idea or not, we'll have very little to do with the decision. If the story they come up with is good, and involves Khan - why not? We have to think outside the box here, folks. Everything is fair game now. I'd rather a pre-existing race/baddy than come up with something new that may/may not work (Ru'afo & Shinzon anyone?)

Why can't we have a big budget Space Seed/Doomsday machine mashup? :D
    Gary Mitchell Vs the Cloudminders of Stratos? Tribble Vs Gorn?

Keep it TOS though. Bring in the Borg and you are just being silly.

;)

8. 3superearthtrek

3superearthtrek Lieutenant Red Shirt

no kahn and omg not klingons

9. urbandk

Well, I've been a Khan naysayer, but if Orci and Kurtzman are as serious as they say they are:
    I'd trust that they'd find an OK way to do Khan. I still hope it's not in the next film.

10. urbandk

Anyone know the proper e-mail or mail address to use to get something to Orci or Kurtzman's attention?

I plan to print out this poll and mail it to them.

11. Lt Cmdr Tyler

Lt Cmdr Tyler Lieutenant Red Shirt

Good idea LYON WONDER. I also think that as a result of this time line already being screwed. Khan has already been un earthed so to speak.

Kirk and crew would then meet this menace for the first time instead of a revenge thing like in WOK

12. FailedLurker

FailedLurker Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

That's something I think some people may be missing - a new Khan movie would NOT be a TWOK remake, it would be a Space Seed remake. Khan isn't an all-time nemesis for Kirk, he's a newly unfrozen guy fresh from the 20th century.

13. KingstonTrekker

KingstonTrekker Commander Red Shirt

God I hope they don't revisit Khan or other villians from the original series. The year is now 2258, which is at least 6 or 7 years before Kirk took command of the NCC-1701 in the original timeline. This is, in many ways, a whole new universe due to the changes to the timeline. I don't want to see a retread of what has gone before. A lot of what made Star Trek XI so enjoyabe was its sense of freshness. Thigns have been rebooted; there is a brand new reality/timeline to play with in which the future is unwritten; let's not revisit/retread villians from the original series and movies. Let's truly see what "new life forms" are out there! :)

Plus... PLEASE no "Kirk Prime" with a bloated William Shatner...Nimoy pulled off Spock Prime wonderfully...Shatner is LONG past believability as Kirk.

14. apenpaap

apenpaap Commodore Commodore

Agreed. The whole reason they started this new timeline was because they didn't want everyone to know in advance that everyone was going to OK. Introducing Shatner Kirk would mean we would know that Kirk lived until at least 2300 in this timeline, which means we could never be afraid Kirk might get killed off or something.