AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Apr 20, 2012.

?

How do you grade The Avengers?

Poll closed Nov 26, 2012.
  1. A+

46.4%
  2. A

31.8%
  3. A-

9.3%
  4. B+

5.3%
  5. B

3.4%
  6. B-

1.6%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

1.2%
  9. C-

0.3%
  10. D+

0.3%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0.3%
  1. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't find either funny.

2. Moodib

Moodib Lieutenant Red Shirt

Awesome movie, i saw it opening night and it blew me away. Marvel's biggest triumph yet! after 4 years of 5 movies to tease Marvel/comic fans like me, it really delivered.

I saw it 8 times and it's one of my favorite movies and fave comic based movies.

Who else did a home marathon of all 5 Avengers movies starting from Captain America to Iron man to Incredible Hulk to Iron Man 2 and finally Thor to link the story?

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't do them all in one sitting, but I did work my way through them over a couple weeks.

4. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I think it's pretty much because this year at the movies there's AVENGERS! and THE DARK KNIGHT RISES!

Oh, and then there's another Spider-Man movie.

Spider-Man is the third-string superhero movie this summer, which kinda crazy when you stop to think about it.

5. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Yeah, EVERYONE I know is talking about AVENGERS and TDKR.

Few people seem to even care about this new Spider-Man reboot. Spider-man 3 really killed off a lot of interest for this franchise.:rommie:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  6. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I won't bother to link to the Marvel/DC toys/Mac Ads parody again where this very issue is played with.

7. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

But you bother to pointlessly bring up the fact that you won't bother to link to it? You would have saved everyone a lot more time if you just linked to the thing in the first place.

8. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I've already linked to it 2 or 3 times in this thread.

9. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I saw it for a 5th time yesterday afternoon and there was a couple behind me who had yet to see it. His reaction to all the moments in the film were a dead give away, genuine "I've not been spoiled and don't know anyone who could spoil me" type reactions. When Hulk played ragdoll on Loki he told his wife just how cool that was. As they started to leave during the credits I asked him if it was his first time and let him know to sit through the credits. Turns out they have 2 young kids under age of 3 and this had been their first movie in 6 months.
    So some people are still seeing this brand new 6 weeks later!!!

10. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Yup, a couple of my friends only saw it this week so I've been trying not to spoil stuff for them. One of them went straight home and pre-ordered the Bluray. :lol:

11. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

For me it wasn't Spider-Man 3 that did it, as I didn't see that movie as the disaster that most did. No, my interest waned as soon as the studio decided there was a need to reboot the whole thing afterwards. I would much rather have seen what Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 4 would have looked like. We almost certainly would have gotten the exact same villain.

12. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm in the exact same boat.
    The day they pulled the plug on Raimi, "claiming" it was because he couldn't deliver in under 2 years, and then starting again to have a movie in 3 years, that really soured me. And then doing an origin again?

Yeah, no wonder it's lost in the shuffle. With such a been there, done that feel, Avengers and Batman seem sparkling new and exciting.

13. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'll third that. I would have loved a Spider-Man 4; it's the reboot that I have no interest in. Although, strangely enough, despite having no interest in this new dude as Spider-Man, I would love to see this new dude star in the Avengers 2 as Spider-Man as unlikely as that is.

Spider-Man 3 wasn't a perfect film, but it was hardly the franchise killer that fans make it out to be. It also had a lot of problems during development, so there's no reason to believe that a 4th Sam Raimi film wouldn't have been a substantial improvement. It's not like Sam Raimi pulled a George Lucas; he was forced to make a film he didn't want to make.

14. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

No, I never want Spider-Man or Wolverine to EVER be in an Avengers movie. Those two are just too big and would just take attention away from the rest of the characters.

They can stay in their own solo movies. Wolverine can continue to suck in his or ruin more X-men movies by taking all the screentime away from his teammates.

Avi Arad might have forced Raimi to use Venom, but I really doubt he had anything to do with the stupid dance scenes or making Sandman into Uncle Ben's killer. Those things were all Raimi.

I don't blame Raimi for what happened. He obviously had the studio breathing down his neck during production. SONY really could have treated the guy that brought them two hit movies better instead dumping him like yesterday's trash though.

15. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If Spider-Man is so big, then why doesn't anyone care about his upcoming film? I'd say Iron Man is far bigger than Spider-Man among the movie going public. Same with Wolverine.

16. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

It didn't use to be that way. It's mostly Spider-Man fatigue setting in. This will be the fourth Spider-Man film. Very few franchises are able to sustain interest for that long, especially when the previous entry was lackluster. Plus people are realizing that, hey this Iron Man character is actually pretty awesome. Robert Downey Jr's incredible charisma is also really helping things in that respect.

17. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd bet that it's the opposite of what you're saying. Robert Downey first, THEN the "Iron Man character is pretty awesome."

Because Tony sure has changed from the comics and previous cartoons. It's all Robert Downey Jr and they're screwed when he wants to leave.

Luckily, he seems to still be having fun.

18. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Methinks that, before the box office results roll in, this declaration is a wee bit premature.

Besides, I care. I'm looking forward to it more than dull ol' Bats, frankly. ;)

19. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

i agree i'm more looking forward to ASM than DKR, but i don't know that i'd call Batman 'dull'.

20. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I'm also looking forward to it. Spidey has always been one of my favorite comic book characters.

That said though, I think Dark Knight Rises is going to be something special, and I cant' wait to see it either.