DOLLHOUSE: ep2x5-Public Eye & ep2x6-The Left Hand Review-Grade-SPOILER

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Dec 5, 2009.

?

How was the two parter Public Eye & The Left Hand

Poll closed Mar 15, 2010.
  1. EXCELLENT

24 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. ABOVE AVERAGE

14 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. AVERAGE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. BELOW AVERAGE

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  5. POOR

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. DWMarch

DWMarch Captain Captain

Re: DOLLHOUSE: ep2x5-Public Eye & ep2x6-The Left Hand Review-Grade-SPO

In season one and two of The Unit (CBS military drama that went for four seasons) she played the girlfriend of a minor character. She wasn't crazy in any particular way (although she did some crazy things) but the show didn't really highlight any particular acting abilities on her part due to the cookie-cutter writing. But that is probably Summer Glau's most "normal" role, at least that I've seen her in.

2. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

she was clinically insane in The 4400 as well. loved these last 3 episodes. kind of cool seeing Wes and Faith share the same screen again, even though it wasn't as them. Hopefully from here on out and until the end that its all mythos episodes. Every friday will be like a new Dollhouse TV movie each week.

3. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

I really loved these episodes. Best part by far was Victor/Topher. I like Victor's Topher better than Topher's Topher. :lol:

4. Michael Chris

Michael Chris Admiral Admiral

Victor as Topher was AMAZING!

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

These were pretty good episodes. I absolutely did NOT see Wesley being a Doll coming at ALL. That was an excellent twist. River was a really interesting new character, the two sides of cute girl with a crush and evil sadistic schizo obsessive-compulsive. Great stuff.

6. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

This says it all.
    [​IMG]

7. Bacl

Bacl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

These were the best two episodes of the show's run. I love how it really gets cracking right when it gets canceled.

8. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Those two episodes worked really well as one block. I enjoyed Victor's Topher as much as everyone else.

9. StarshipDefiant

StarshipDefiant Captain Captain

Yeah, they did actually, I'm almost curious if that is why they were aired in a single block, considering the way part one ends, and part two begins.

10. Hyperspace05

Hyperspace05 Commodore Commodore

Above Average for the two episode from me.

But man, what do people see in Summer Glau? Not acting ability, that's for sure...

11. Michael Chris

She played a dysfunctional girl. She plays normal well too ;)

12. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

You know, I was a little disappointed in Summer this time - and I LOVE Summer. She did an okay job with the role, but I thought I remembered Joss saying she was going to get to play NORMAL this time. It was just too close to being River a few years later - not exactly adjusted yet, but at least able to function and contribute. It was a little unbelievable that Topher was so into her right away. Even by his standards, she came across as having too many mental wires crossed for comfort.

13. StarshipDefiant

I think Topher was already into her, and the fact she was his age and cute to boot, sealed the deal. As for how she was, I think she was somewhat 'normal' but had severe issues relating to Caroline/Echo (and apparently for good reason) and my theory that she's not working for the Rossum Corporation/Dollhouse Voluntarily.

14. Michael Chris

Yeah, I was definitely disappointed that she wasn't playing a normal girl. As to Topher's reaction, I find it totally believable..

15. species5618

species5618 Commodore Commodore

Excellent for both episodes. The show has come a long way from the mediocrity of the first half of season one, when I was a hair away from giving up on it completely.

Great to see Alexis Denisof and Eliza Dushku share the screen once again, and others have mentioned, Enver Gjokaj was amazing as Topher--he is definitely someone to watch post-Dollhouse.

16. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My theory was, she did to herself the same thing that was done to the Senator, she used her own tech to hype up her own brain. She was already a bit crazy though, and now she's a hyper intelligent crazy. I thought in her first scene that she was a doll of Adelle's personality, and I do think she's added something to herself.

The reason the device doesn't work on her is that she doesn't have the bio implant.

17. Awesome Possum

How many normal people would even be working at the Dollhouse in the end?

She seemed fairly normal until she saw Echo, but when she was with Topher she was just weird science girl. Which was probably Topher's dream date until she tried to kill Echo.

18. StarshipDefiant

Interesting thought, I honestly hope they do not do that though, becuase they've already revealed several "OMG, they're actually an active/sleeper/member of a Dollhouse!" Though, that would make some things combine and make sense.

Probably not very many, indeed, evidence suggests that people working within the Dollhouse, whether they are an active or not, ethier have little choice (on the run from the law or something), or are so amoral, they honestly don't care. I would agree that she seemed fairly normal (albiet somewhat paranoid) until she saw it was Echo/Caroline of all people that she would be working on. That and life's events (such as Caroline's apparent betrayal) probably made her somewhat weird,

19. Awesome Possum

If my best friend betrayed me like and left me with a dead arm, I'd probably be a little odd as well. Although Caroline could be the reason she is at the Dollhouse as well. She was left in some lab, possibly one owned by Rossum. I believe that Caroline was on the run from Rossum for a few years after she originally broke in and her boyfriend was killed. Maybe this happened in between then and when they caught her.

20. StarshipDefiant

I have no doubt that was the intentional setting, Carolines line of "If I say, then we both get nabbed" or something along those lines, but the context suggested she was talking about Rossum, not the law.