The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

I've wanted a Rancor toy ever since I was a kid. My mom got me the Ewok village and the speeder bike for my birthday that year, instead.

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I don't have this particular Rancor so if Jabba is indeed a brand-new figure that means most of the plastic in this box will be new to me and thus a good investment. A lot of recent multipacks from Hasbro have little or nothing that I don't already own, so this is a great one for multiple reasons (including another Vintage Collection Gamorrean Guard).

3. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

'What i did i did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity...'

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. cooleddie74

Cool! Do you have all the Doctors or are there still certain ones you're missing (or that haven't been made yet)?

5. Saga

i'm missing the 1st, 4th, 8th and 10th. hope to have the 1st later this week though.

6. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

It sucks how limited our options are for 8. At least they released that 8th Doctor/Dalek two pack a while back so you don't have to buy the 11 Doctor set to get him.

7. Saga

yeah, he seems to be pretty expensive on the back market. i have a feeling he will be the last one i get. just not prepared to spend $35 or more on him right now.

8. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

Picked up the VT-49 Decimator expansion. I really like this design and even though I'm not familiar with all of the game mechanics, I've heard some good reviews from gamers who like how the ship is integrated.

9. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Funko is doing a Pop! Vinyl Scarlet Witch. No idea if they'll do Quicksilver, too...

[​IMG]

Definitely picking her up when she's available.

10. Kira's Mom

Also- I always change the outfits on my dolls with the changing seasons.

1. Julie tries out her new skateboard.

2. It’s raining like hell today, so she “borrowed” Molly’s umbrella. She also got some takeout from Ivy’s grandparents’ restaurant. (Really just a Hello Kitty tin. The candy inside sucked, but I wanted that tin!)

3. Ivy borrowed Julie’s jeans and sandals…and decided that she likes the Mets and not the Giants. (The dolls are “from” San Francisco, so that’s not a popular decision. :p Ivy “borrowed” the Mets shirt from my Hello Kitty Build-a-Bear doll!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. cooleddie74

Does the American Girl series offer different sets of clothing for the dolls so that you can change the ways they look, or do you just get the one or two sets of clothes that come with each girl that's it?

They could probably make a lot off of selling bonus packs of shirts, pants and dresses for the kids and collectors who want to change the way their dolls look from time to time.

12. Kira's Mom

Oh, there are tons of clothes for each doll. They even sell closets for them. :p

13. cooleddie74

I probably should have remembered that since my late mom loved the American Girl dolls so much, but it's been ages since I've looked at one of their catalogs or any other promotional materials. That's smart of them, really. Since the number of dolls is limited make sure they have a ton of different clothes to add variety and make things more exciting.

14. Kira's Mom

15. CaptainMurdock

CaptainMurdock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

[​IMG]

16. cooleddie74

Jedi Temple Archives and Rebelscum have posted lots of photos from the floor of Celebration Anaheim showing packaged images of new 3.75” Black Series figures including the brand-new Han Solo in Carbonite. Great stuff, and the new Clone commanders also turned out to be pretty good looking.

17. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Picked up the new Arrow and Deadshot figures the other day. I now have a fairly nice CWverse collection going. I can't wait for the upcoming ones. I will say, while DC Collectibles has come a long way in the past couple of years as far as articulation goes, they still have a ways to go. It would really be nice if the Arrow could do an actual archery pose.
    [​IMG]

18. cooleddie74

19. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm most excited about the 6 inch Rebel Black Series Ahsoka prototype that was revealed.

20. cooleddie74

Yeah, that one is going to be very popular once it hits stores.

In the meantime here are the 3.75" (animated) versions of both Ahsoka and Darth Vader based on the season finale of Rebels:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]