ENTERPRISE on Blu-Ray OFFICIAL Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by LtChange, Oct 6, 2012.

1. feek61

feek61 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I got my set today and watched "Minefield" and thought the picture quality looked far better than my DVD set. I'm pleased.

2. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I just bought the DVDs this year. My favorite shot in "Minefield" is that effects pullback with Archer and Malcolm on the hull. I assume it's entirely CGI including the people, and the dialogue just sells it.

3. Scotty

Scotty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

On J Paul Boehmer's IMDB trivia page, it says that Carbon Creek is "universally cosidered among fans to be Enterprise's best episode". That had me scratching my head. I like the episode, but I can name far better episodes.

4. sadsquid

sadsquid Lieutenant Red Shirt

Re-watching through this made me realise, this season gets off to a great start with the first 4 episodes. Dead Stop is among my favourite Enterprise episodes.

5. Joanna McCoy-Kirk

Joanna McCoy-Kirk Commodore Commodore

My copy from Amazon UK finally came today. The first episode I am going to watch is "Carbon Creek".

6. Jefferies

Jefferies Captain Captain

I have always been baffled by this. From when it first aired this episode never got the recognition it deserved. To me Congenitor is Enterprise's best episode by far. There is nothing else like it unless you start looking at the top morality plays from some of the other shows.

7. d514

d514 Ensign Red Shirt

Are there any news/rumors about season 3? Does it come out this year?

8. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

Although TNG season 5 is released this November, I suspect ENT season 3 won't be hitting the shelves until first quarter 2014 at the earliest.

Our friends at Trek Core may well have more solid information however.

9. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm hoping it comes out before Christmas. I may not have to pay for it then. :)

10. Beyerstein

Beyerstein Captain Captain

I'm watching through the Season 2 blu ray now. I didn't see all the episodes when they originally aired. I was never a very big fan of Enterprise. Some of the episodes are pretty good, but a lot of them are boring. I never realized there was an episode that was basically a remake of TNG's "The Nest Phase" with Hoshi. The episode with Trip on the hot planet with the dehydrated alien was pretty good, but it sort of reminded me of a cross between Darmok and Enemy Mine.

The episode with the Romulan minefield was good and the following one with the weird repair station was good too. From what I've seen, those might be two of the shows best episodes overall.

11. d514

d514 Ensign Red Shirt

Ok, after I've seen the complete season again I have to change that list a little. Vanishing Point was not as good as I remembered it but I still like the episode. Maybe because there were only a few Hoshi centric episodes...

Good or great episodes of season 2:
    Shockwave Pt.2, Caron Creek, Minefield, Dead Stop, Vanishing Point, The Catwalk, Stigma, Cease fire, Future Tense, Judgement, Cogenitor, Regeneration, First Flight and The Expanse.

I think the low point is disc 2 which has only mediocre or bad episodes.

12. LOKAI of CHERON

Although far from great, I found the much maligned "Precious Cargo" to be perfectly fine upon my Blu-ray review. Certainly, it's way better than "A Night In Sickbay", which for me, is easily ENT's weakest hour.

13. Aatrek

Aatrek Rear Admiral

The Enterprise Season 3 trailer was released tonight, and TrekCore has both it and the cover art up now. They also cover the re-use of the early S1 artwork for the cover, which is pretty odd.

Trailer:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcPQtfis2tU[/yt]

Cover art:

[​IMG]

14. LOKAI of CHERON

If finalised - a truly bizarre choice for the cover art!

15. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I hope that's not the final cover...YIKES! It's bad...real bad.

16. mr.peany

mr.peany Commodore Commodore

I don't mind the cover, however, it's not appropriate for season 3. Annoys me when they use the wrong cast photos. :(

17. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Yeah, I like that we can finally see Malcolm in one of the covers, but this should've been Season 2's cover. If not for that T'Pol looks very different in season 3, (and Archer too, but not as much) I'd be okay with it.

18. feek61

feek61 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Although it doesn't matter at all to me because I only really care about the disc content; it is truly mind-boggling how they can be so wrong with this. Does anyone making choices know anything about the show? lol

19. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Terrible cover. They changed the one for Season 2 at the last minute, from this to this, despite the original being used on a trailer. I'm hoping they lose that design here, even more than I was the last time.

It's just too odd looking. A waxy, portrait artist's attempt at Archer next to a real T'Pol. Photorealistic because she's the only person grabbed from a publicity shot. Together with Phlox, neither of the three in front look anything like they did that year. Hmmm. Can't they just follow what they did with Season 2, but with Season 3 portrait images?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  20. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

^ I don't think it's terrible, it just would've made a better season 1 or 2 cover.