A TrekLit Christmas

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by JD, Dec 25, 2010.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I know we've done these threads in the past so I thought it would be fun to do it again this year.

So did anyone get any TrekLit or other Trek this year? Once my sister get's back into town I'm going be getting a B&N gift card from her, and at least some of it will be going towards Trek ebooks.

2. bfollowell

bfollowell Captain Captain

Mrs. Clause got me the Star Trek: The Complete Comic Book Collection DVD. She also got me a Kindle 3 and a nice cover for it. I've finally started converting and reading the many, many Star Trek Microsoft Reader files I've purchased over the years but never got around to reading. I just started DS9: A Stitch In Time and am planning to read through the entire DS9 relaunch before I start the TNG/Voyager relaunch.

I hope everyone else had a wonderful Christmas, Trek or otherwise.

Thanks Sweetheart. You're the best!

- Byron

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ooo, I've been working my way through the comics collection for the past year or so, and I've really enjoyed it. There have really been some great Trek comics over the years. I need to get back to it, I haven't read anything in it in months.

4. tmclough

tmclough Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I received two of the Trek-related items I asked for. One of them is often highly endorsed in this forum--Voyages of the Imagination. The other is one of those items that you either love it, or you hate it, or possibly both (Masochist!), but not neither. That would be the "music" CD Spaced Out: The Very Best of Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner.

5. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

i received a gift card for christmas to barnes and noble. I'm hoping Typhon Pact: rough beasts of empire comes out. Or i might use it for the myriad universe books. But i don't know how good those myriad universe books are. I have read the mirror universe books which i enjoyed.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  6. David R. George III

David R. George III Writer Fleet Captain

^ I have it on good authority that Rough Beasts of Empire has been spotted in bookstores.

7. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Yeah, I already got it sent to me a week ago and I'm on the other side of the Atlantic (or something like that, I'm not very good at geography ;)). It's very good so far.

8. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

The Missus got me the IDW omnibus that collects the early 80's Marvel run.

9. William Leisner

William Leisner Scribbler Rear Admiral

As a Christmas present to myself, I received the full 7 season DS9 DVD set.

I always seem to know exactly what I want.

10. BolianAuthor

BolianAuthor Writer, Battlestar Urantia Rear Admiral

My uncle got me a copy of the "Where No One Has Gone Before" coffee table book.

11. Sxottlan

Sxottlan Commodore Commodore

I received the 2011 starship calendar.

Looks like a great one this year!

12. Trent Roman

Trent Roman Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I received Zero Sum Game from my father, and my father received Zero Sum Game from my mother. We're coordinated that way. We'll return the extra in a few days, probably for one of the other Typhon Pact books since it's the same price point.

Fictitiously yours, Trent Roman

13. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Wow. This is the first Christmas in... forever that I didn't get anything Trek related. Huh.

14. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

i got the first two TyPac books and Myriad Universes III is in the post.

15. Cybersnark

Cybersnark Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Haven't visited all branches of the family yet, but my mom (probably the only one who actually checks my wish-list) got me "Seize The Fire" (a.k.a. the first thing on the list that the store clerk found).

I also got a Chapters/Indigo/Coles card from one set of cousins (which is about what I can expect from the other sets of cousins, really).

My family kinda sucks at gift-giving.

16. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Didn't receive any TrekLit... or any other books for that matter. For some reason I assumed that I'd get at least one book, but alas, I did not. I had a few books on my Amazon wish list, and they're cheaper than the video games and DVDs that I had listed. Oh well. I'll swing by the local Borders and pick up Seize the Fire and Rough Beasts of Empire sometime this week.

17. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I had a classic Treklit Christmas!

Some highlights:
    Star Trek: Spaceflight Chronology
    The original, full-length version which I've wanted for about 15 years. Wonderful art and lots of fun little "in-universe" articles.

Trek: The Printed Adventures
    By James Van Hise, kind-of like a 1993 Voyages of Imagination, but with only a couple of interviews, much more opinion (frequently wrong opinion, imo:lol:) and a huge section on fanfic (with art and interviews).

The Official Star Trek Cooking Manual
    "From the logs of Nurse Chapel", apparently. Little anecdotes between recepies, and human dishes given TOS alien names.

Lots of old Trek novels, Starship Spotter, Troublesome Minds, Rosetta (the last Ent novel for me, since I hate the relaunch), Star Trek Lives!, New Worlds New Civilizations, Best of Trek #16, the novelization of the old Klingon PC game, the infamous Planet X novel and a couple of old knock-off Trek encylopedias (one supposedly including the novels) and more.

:)

18. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Well, Richard Matheson on Screen had several pages about "The Enemy Within." Does that count?

19. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ordered my next two New Frontier books on Christmas Eve from Paperback Swap. Then on Christmas my parents got me a years worth of BooksFree (like Netflix for books) with which the first book I ordered was Spock: Relections. I had tried to get it interlibrary loan like I do with all the other Trek I read, but they said they couldn't get it for some reason. They also got me 25 bucks to pay for my interlibrary loan postage for the next few months.

20. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I got TYphon pact Sieze the fire for Christmas the other books I was supposed to get for Christmas haven't come yet. I'm looking forward to getting Rough beasts of the empire and Myriad Universe3 Shattered light to come in the mail hopefully next week.:techman: