Will you be getting a PS4 or an Xbox One ?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Relayer1, Jun 13, 2013.

?

Will you be getting a PS4 and/or Xbox One ?

1. I'll get both

10 vote(s)
    10.6%
  2. Staying with Playstation (PS3 to PS4)

49 vote(s)
    52.1%
  3. Staying with Xbox (360 to One)

14 vote(s)
    14.9%
  4. Changing to Playstation (360 to PS4)

21 vote(s)
    22.3%
  5. Changing to Xbox (PS3 to One)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. throwback

throwback Captain Captain

PS4 is still cheaper than the XBOX One when someone adds the camera eye. The camera costs $60, so PS4 is $460 compared to $499.

I don't see the difference in price between the Sony and Microsoft online accounts. The Gold Account for the latter costs approximately $5 a month; the same amount for the Sony network. I think the difference might lie in what each offers - I haven't studied those details.

2. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^The camera is not mandatory on the PS4 so you dont really need to buy it at all which is good, i could count on one hand the amount of game i used the pseye camera for on the PS3, Kinect 2 on the other hand,(oh come on, that was good word play lol), is and your going to pay for it regardless of your intrest in it.

On the subscription side PS plus gets you free games every month be it on the PS3, PS vita or PS4, or all three if your that rich, plus unlike Xbox Gold your media apps are not locked behind a sub, so even if you dont have PS+ you can still watch lovefilm, netflicks and the likes and use stuff like the browser, and some game will not require you have a PS+ to play them online.

3. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Sony must be celebrating, because on PS+ US at least, there are a lot of high-profile releases on it: Uncharted 3, X-Com: Enemy Unknown, Little Big Planet Karting, Deus Ex: HR, Saints Row: The Third.

4. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Man, I didn't expect the poll to be so skewed. lol

5. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It does predate Microsoft's 180, but even if you started anew I doubt it would be anywhere near 50/50.

6. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Also when you take into account you have to re-buy Xbox One when it permanent redrings, PS4 is way cheaper.

I probably won't buy PS4 on release day, not unless it immediately has games I want to play. But I'll definitely get it. You should never really buy a console right when it comes out. There's always bugs, there's usually a price drop after the first wave.

7. ATimson

Yes, because Microsoft learned nothing from their design problems has had sold nothing but lemons for the last six years. And Sony's hardware is a bastion of perfection and reliability. :rolleyes:

There's a half-dozen games this fall that I want. Admittedly, none of them are next-gen exclusive. So, these are my choices:

1) Buy a next-gen console, and buy the games for it.
    2) Do not buy a next-gen console yet. Buy the crappier versions for the old generation.
    3) Do not buy a next-gen console yet. Don't buy the games until I have one sometime in 2014... if the games are even still available then.

I don't like #3, because I don't want to miss out on the games. I don't like #2, because then I'm stuck with the inferior version. (For Skylanders and Lego Marvel, it probably won't make a significant difference; for Watchdogs and Destiny it will.) So I'm choosing to go with #1.

Yes, I'll be paying more for the console than if I waited. But that's the price to pay to not get left behind.

8. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I've owned a PS3 and 360 for about the same amount of time. I've logged about four times as much hours on the PS3 than 360. Here's the score.

Permanent system failures that required me to buy a new system

PS3: 0
    360: 1

Crashes

PS3: 1
    360: ~20

Failures on system startup

PS3: 0
    360: ~10

There hasn't been a Sony system that froze a lot since PS1.

You sure XBox One won't have similar problems? I'll believe it when I see it.

9. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

*looks over at copy of 2008's Sonic Unleashed that he picked up last week*

Games don't cease to exist after 12 months you know. You can't miss out on games. In fact, the longer you wait the cheaper they get, so I'm really not sure what you're worried about.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yeah, that's a weird concern. Even if your local stores stop carrying a game after a whole, they can still be purchased online (or hell, even downloaded right onto your system).

11. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Yup, I'm still picking up games brand new for my DS and PS2 that came out in 2006.

12. ATimson

Well, I just know that I've historically had problems trying to find copies of old games for reasonable prices (even online) - like the Ace Attorney games, or the first and fourth Layton games. Maybe I just like the wrong games. ;)

13. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney -- NEW for $20 + shipping.

Professor Layton and the Curious Village -- $15 complete + shipping

Professor Layton and the Last Specter -- $35 new (includes shipping)

All of these are the "Buy it Now" prices.

14. ATimson

It's available now. It wasn't when I was originally looking back in 2009/2010.

Not new.

More expensive than at release - wasn't it $30?

15. Cinema Geekly

Cinema Geekly Commander Red Shirt

I'm a Baseball video game snob so as long as the only good game is made by Sony exclusively for Sony systems then that is all I am ever going to get.

16. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

I own both the original Xbox and Xbox 360. I am not happy with what Microsoft has done with the Xbox One. I love Halo but I will wait for a while before i decide what to buy. I might not even buy a console considering that my job keeps me busy most of the time.

17. Thor Odinson

Thor Odinson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

PS4. I already have the Wii U. I'm on the fence about Xbox One.

18. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll be getting a PS4 when I can. Once the bugs are worked out of it. Same with a Wii U. The Wii U will probably come first for me... since it comes with AV cables. As for an Xbox One, heck no. Not interested.

19. ATimson

I thought both the Wii U and the PS4 came with HDMI cables?

20. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

Sticking with Sony. I've been a Playstation owner since the PS1. Still have all my games for the PS1, PS2, and PS3.