Smallville: 10x09 "Patriot" - Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Nov 19, 2010.

?

Grade the episode:

1. Superman! (Excellent)

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. The Blur (Good)

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Clark Kent (Average)

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. Kal (Good)

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  5. Superdouche (Terrible)

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I forgot it was American Thanksgiving...yeah Smallville returns on Dec 2. I will return Dec 10th with "Icarus" although quite frankly that episode looks like a skipper as well.

2. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Football's over! Smallville starts!

3. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Commodore

What part of Maryland are you? I live in Ocean City, the job situation is shitty. I am in the same boat.

4. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wait so who was Slade supposed to be at the end? One of Darkseids lieutenants? He's not Desaad is he?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  5. Chick_McGeester

Chick_McGeester Lieutenant

Im kinda suprised that anyone who would watch "potter" would even have a wife. Usually those 2 things do not go together. ;)

6. Obiwanshinobi

I don't agree with that assessment. Maybe it depends on the age demographic and interest and maybe it's a select few but generally it would be the wife actually wanting to see HP. And to be crass but why not do the popcorn trick with the wife? hahaha. That's almost sex. A handy can be dandy! <ba dum ching>

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Men who have kids sometimes have wives.

Kids rock the Potter.

8. Obiwanshinobi

Oh yeah kids, ok I retract the popcorn trick statement.

9. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

One word after seeing this episode: HOT

I want Elena Satine so bad it hurts.

10. Admiral_Young

Her strip tease in front of Lois had me in stitches though. Awkward moment there lol.

11. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

I (almost) always enjoy alternate universe stories. It was always a treat when DC did their "imaginary stories" (that's what they were called before they became known as "elseworlds) issues of Superman or other comics titles.

tvguide.com

I was waiting for that all episode since the Slade Wilson character in the comic books has just one eye. I guess he lost it in the explosion.

Elena Satine is insanely hot. :drool:

hope that's not too much hotness for the thread...we don't want this place to burn down. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
  12. Obiwanshinobi

future genre babe contestant in the works? good god almighty though, she sure is pretty!

13. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

The memories!!!

:faints:

14. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Good episode. I don't read the synopses, so I never know what to expect. Aquaman was a big surprise. Then there was that hot redhead in the swimsuit who showed up with him. I did a George Takei style "Oh My!" when I saw her. :eek: Then I eagerly awaited the guest credits to find out who it was. I recognized the name... Elena Satine. Haven't seen her in anything, but her name and pics are popping up here and there. Anyhoo... Love her character. She is good for Arthur. On that I agree. They make a good couple.

A few other points...

- When Arthur was held captive, I wondered for a second if he was going to get his hand cut off.

- I'm surprised that Clark wasn't killed in the explosion. He was vulnerable due to exposure to the kryptonite. He should have been blown to bits. Then again, maybe he was and then reconstituted himself like the T-1000 once the complex was destroyed and he was safely away from the kryptonite. :p

It wice to see Mera on Smallville. She's another DC character I never expected to see on the show.

Yeah, Tigh and Gaeta. Go BSG alums!

I thought the same thing.

I tried to look, but that damn diving suit covered everything.

Seaman? :lol:

Let's send him a hot redhead he can roll around in bed with.

As it should be.

Back when Lois was first introduced, Chloe was such a big part of Clark's life that I wondered how they could possibly get him with Lois, but they did. The development of their relationship has been handled quite well.

She is now. She's popular and she's been added to the comics (I got her first issue a few weeks ago). A lot of supporting characters weren't around from the beginning and have been introduced this way.

I did too. He has a great drunken, maniacal laugh.

Really? Never noticed that.

When you guys mentioned McCain uptread, I thought... What about President Palin?

Yeah. How did he know? Someone got an explanation? Maybe they got a hold of Lex's or someone else's notes?

Come again?

What was that last scene all about? I didn't even know it was part of the show at first. I thought it was a commercial for some horror movie or something.

It looked like it was nailed on just like General Chang's.

So, you're part of Caprica's terrorist organization? :p

I liked that scene. Too bad the american audience didn't get the full frontal nudity. I hear they got the edited version where nothing is shown. That's what I like about canadian television. They show everything. For anyone reading this, I am of course kidding. Lois is the only one who saw everything. :p

15. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

They really seemed to step their game up with this episode, I thought it was top notch. I wish they could elevate the regular episodes to the level of the mythology episodes. Interesting interpretation of "Darkseid", I'm curious where they're going to take that.

So at this point are there any "secrets" left? I think all the players know the others and their roles now.

Isn't "mira" Spanish for look? Well I certainly did, looking at the comments it seems I wasn't the only one.

16. Admiral_Young

I thought it was implied quite clearly that Slade or the Registration Act aquired LuthorCorps' Project 33.1 cells designs and we already know that Kryptonite is easily available in the Smallville universe.

17. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

It was a good episode until the part where Clark was trapped by those kryptonite bars. The scene cut to the place exploding so how did he manage to get out if he couldnt break through the bars? That whole part messed it up for me

18. Admiral_Young

Clark muttered "Man of Steel" so I assume he survived the blast of the rig despite already being somewhat weakened by the Kryptonite bars.

19. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

It was probably just a low amount of Kryptonite, notice that he wasn't on his knees in pain, he was able to stand up right, so it wasn't a real powerful source, probably diluted or something. So he had enough strength to withstand the explosion.

I liked how the bullets ricocheted off him.

20. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I had to double-check but I'm getting scared that I'm starting to be able to detect when Tom Welling directs an episode.

And his vision powers were still working apparently.