50th anniversary rumor mill....

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Emperor-Tiberius, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just came across a ratherr curious thread on the imdb forums of Doctor Who, and thought I'd share this here in hopes of your sharing your opinions on it.

Now, I know its always rather dubious when imdb threads are provided for a plot or such, but the following contains what seems to be the plot, apparently, of the story, provided by, allegedly, a guy who predicted the plot of the series 7 finale.

So yeah, I know this may not be the most reliable of sourcess (and it could turn out to be absolutely false), but in due of this ludicrous waiting, here's something to talk about (also, SPOILERS):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0436992/board/thread/219399933?p=1

2. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So Rose only appears in one scene?

I know that would make some people happy but she shot for a week and we know from photos of her stand-in that she's got some sort of post-Apocalyptic outfit on.

And no mention of the Daleks, who we know are a big part of it.

3. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

It's totally false. :)

That's the plot summary that Whistleblower5 posted earlier in the year to see how credulous Doctor Who fans can be.

4. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

It will therefore be posted as total fact by Bleeding Cool tonight

5. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

Thank goodness it's false!

6. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Actually, this isn't bad at all. I think at least elements of it could be true.

My only problem is if the tenth doctor regenerates there, wouldn't that mean the End of Time and a lot of Tenth Doctor adventures never happen? Is that the BBCs way of getting rid of the EN of Time? :p

I love the whole alternate ninth and omega thing, but I don't like that it could change establishes who history.

But it looks like I'll have to take this ith a pinch of salt. Still, good story.

7. Emperor-Tiberius

Would this mean that it would retcon the Omega audio story out of existence? Seeing as how Omega returned to the anti-matter universe and all.

Also, I agree about that the potential retconning of the Tenth Doctor's lifespan would be irritating, seeing as how he's earned his exit in the manner that he did. I have a feeling, supposing any of this is true (and I think this part is, by far, the most improbable), this might've been intended for Eccleston's Doctor - or maybe Eccleston would've been both Nine and pseudo-Nine? Like, pseudo-Nine starts the story, then just before Omega's revealed, the real Ninth Doctor appears to the story through him absorbing the Time Vortex at the end of Parting of the Ways? Sounds crazy, I know.

Still, while its semi-plausible, I'm not really sure this is what we'll see. Seems to derive too much from Arc of Infinity (and consequently The Three Doctors) and Mawdryn Undead, where the said solution is revealed - and that makes little sense because the Doctors have, well, saluted themselves before.

Still, the part with the paintings could have some basis... Reasonable excuse to run clips from the whole of the show.

8. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As pointed out earlier it's totally fake and months old.

9. Green Lantern

There's probably one or two elements that could be true, but some false. For example, while the painting thing could be entirely true, the Tennant regenerating into Smith thing, while it sounds like something Moffat would do, it also sounds a bit fan fictionany.

10. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

This scam was pulled months ago, there's no way anyone could've known anything about the Anniversary Special back then. It's all a scam by that troll who just wanted to see how fast people's heads would explode.

Also, wasn't this originally said to be the plot for The Name of The Doctor, rather then the Anniversary Special?

11. Green Lantern

Yeah, it probably is a troll. Still a good plot though.

12. Allyn Gibson

Matt Smith said back in the spring that there were paintings in the anniversary special. Whistleblower5 clearly took the little bit that was in the public domain (that UNIT was in it, that the tenth Doctor was in it, that there are paintings) then fashioned a plot, along with the long-standing speculation that Omega was going to be the Moffat era's overall Big Bad, to make that story.

13. Green Lantern

Well, there was the Omega symbol in that series 5 Weeping Angels episode. And Moffat said he will tie up stuff he's been planting as far back as the eleventh hour.

14. Emperor-Tiberius

I wouldn't mind seeing Omega back... just not as he's fashioned in the allegedly "leaked" plot of TDOTD.

15. Green Lantern

I quite like the idea of the Hurt doctor being an alternate 9 that split off in the time war.

16. Allyn Gibson

But then how would the eleventh Doctor know who he was, what he did, and that he was a part of his past when the eleventh Doctor wasn't "descended" from him? :)

17. Green Lantern

Good point.....

18. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Well, the Hurt Doctor's activities during the Time War could just have become common knowledge among the Time Lords and thus The Doctor. Though not saying I go along with that theory.

Edit - the more I think of it, the less I like the idea of him being a split off from 8/9. It would more or less be a reprise of Ten(B), the meta-crisis Doctor. The real Doctor may have been angered by 10B's actions but he didn't have to feel shame or guilt over it, as it wasn't 'him' or his 'previous incarnation.' Whereas Eleven clearly felt some sort of shame at Hurt's actions. If it transpires that Hurt is not from the 'real' Doctor lineage, it's just a cop-out. It may as well be a different Time Lord.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013