Poll: What Is Your Favorite Trek FIlm of All

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Pubert, Jul 21, 2015.

?

What You All Time Favorite Trek Movie or Movies

1. Star Trek: The Motuion Picture

23.4%
  2. Star Trek: The Wrath of Kahn

45.7%
  3. Star Trek: The Search for Spock

7.4%
  4. Star Trek: The Voyage Home

18.1%
  5. Star Trek: The Final Frontier

5.3%
  6. Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country

22.3%
  7. Star Trek: Generations

4.3%
  8. Star Trek: Frist Contact

27.7%
  9. Star Trek: Insurrection

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Star Trek: Nemesis

2.1%
  11. Star Trek

17.0%
  12. Star Trek Into Darkness

4.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Pubert

Pubert Vice Admiral Admiral

While I am sure this poll has been done before I figured I would out a fresh one out. The poll only included the movies and no series to complicate matters. You can vote for more than one if you wish. If you want to say why its your favorite by all means elaborate. If you have one you don't like as much also feel free to discuss.

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Star Trek: The Motion Picture followed by The Undiscovered Country and Into Darkness.

3. Pubert

My favorites are The Wrath of Khan and First Contact. Both had high production values and kept me entertained from start to finish.

The worst of the lot is The Final Frontier. It started Shatners movie directing career and ended it all in one shot. To this day I still don't know what he was thinking.

One that was actually a good movie at a certain point then botched it in the last 15 minutes would be Generations. The most awful way they could have Prime Kirk die. He fell to his death because a damaged catwalks bolts popped(Come on they still use the same crappy bolts we uses today) probably due to Kirks extra weight that he had gained from retirement. Sheesh what a way for a legend to go. Maybe I will make a thread about the worst scenes in ST movies. I have no doubt the Prime Kirk death would win. Pee Yew.

4. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

The Wrath of Khan, of course.

(Not "Kahn," btw. Is there any way to correct the spelling in the poll?)

5. Chronos

Chronos Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The Motion Picture, The Wrath of Khan, and The Undiscovered Country are my favorites.

On the other hand, Generations, Insurrection, and Into Darkness are the worst.

The rest are somewhere between the two extremes.

6. Pubert

Crap in my haste I spelled it wrong. No there isn't a way to change it unless a moderator does. Also the poll question is worded wrong again because of my haste. :confused:

7. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh no, not a Khan misspelling again.....:devil:

Not to mention Motion Picture..... ;)

I was tempted to vote for Khan, but decided to pick Voyage Home.

8. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Overall: Star Trek Into Darkness.
    TOS era: The Undiscovered Country
    TNG era: Nemesis

9. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

Now it is too late. I didn't see that it is multiple choice.

On the other hand it was difficult for me to make up my mind:

1. Voyage Home
    2. Wrath of Khan
    3. First Contact
    4. TUC
    5. Generations

10. Lucky

Lucky Captain Captain

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. I love the humor and think the chemistry between the cast was at its best in this film.

11. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

For me, TMP and TWOK are pretty neck in neck.

12. hux

hux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

IV
    VI
    VIII

II
    XI
    I
    IX
    XII
    III
    VI
    X
    V

13. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm a TNG fan all the way, but my favourite STAR TREK movie is, and always has been, The Search for Spock. I really don't believe that Nimoy was overly concerned about the look of it, as much as he just wanted to focus on characters and there are a lot of close-ups, in this movie. Nevertheless, the cinematography is brilliant! And more than any other STAR TREK movie, TSFS captures what made TOS so durable for so many decades. There's references to TOS in this movie, without this movie winking at the audience ever. And, unfortunately, from The Voyage Home, onwards, the winking has never stopped in this franchise. There are other STAR TREK movies that I regard very highly and think of as almost works of Art, in themselves. But ... The Search for Spock always hits the spot, for me.

14. Sybok Was Wrong

Sybok Was Wrong Commander Red Shirt

Agreed! TSFS is excellent and I enjoy it much more than the popular TWOK. I find TWOK slow.

TSFS theme of loyalty and friendship is the culmination of the 79 TOS episodes.

15. Sybok Was Wrong

Sybok Was Wrong Commander Red Shirt

I voted for "The Final Frontier", since the poll asks "favorite", not "best".

"The Voyage Home"is the best executed film with the sharpest script,

but "The Final Frontier" is my favorite; I get what Shatner was trying to achieve. I get this film isn't for people who like their Trek more serious, and nerdy, and thats cool. But for fans like me who enjoy the Kirk-Spock-McCoy interaction of TOS, a certain campiness along with the attempt to say something meaningful---this is up our alley. I dont care if Bran Farren or ILM is doing the effects. I think this is how Shatner 'saw' "Star Trek", and yes, it was the way Star Trek used to be with TOS. Of course, as TNG progressed, Star Trek changed a lot, with techno babble and rigidity. But "The Final Frontier" harkens back to the TOS brand of fun that probably will never be "in style" again.

16. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Wrath
    Voyage
    Into Darkness
    First Contact

17. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

The Wrath of Khan, the only Trek movie that I saw more than once in the theater (four times that summer, at the late great Showcase Cinemas in Seekonk, MA.)

18. Pubert

TWOK was the first Trek movie I saw in the theater. I was just a kid but had watched all or most of the TOS episodes by then. I thought about Spocks death for days after and that weekend when I saw a episode of TOS at its usual weekend rerun timeslot I kept thinking while watching the episode " I can't believe Spock is dead". I was to young to realize that they were obviously going to bring him back.

19. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

For me it's a tie between TWOK and FC, with TUC coming in a very close second.

For me STID is in solid last place.

20. foxmulder710

foxmulder710 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Motion, Khan, and First are spelled like this. <---