Sci-Fi TV Shows that you're pretty sure only you watched.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dale Sams, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^You left out Planet Earth, the second pilot/revamp of Genesis II. And while Strange New World was a loose revamp of the same premise, it was done without Roddenberry's involvement.

I've seen GII/PE, but I've never seen Spectre.

2. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

^Right, Planet Earth, from '74! -knew there was something wrong :lol:

ETA:
    Spectre is the one Roddenberry-thing I kinda sorry I watched -even if it does have Majel Barrett in it.

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Everything Roddenberry produced for television after 1967 had Majel Barrett in it.

4. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

^That's a fun piece of trivia -I'll have to remember that :bolian:

5. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

That's the one I liked best.

6. SiddFinch1

SiddFinch1 Captain Captain

There essa show on about 10 years ago with a middle aged guy who has a heart attack and wakes.up as his 17 year old self getting a second chance at life. ..anyone remember it? Cant think of the name

7. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think it was The Do Over. If not, it might have been That Was Then.

8. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

I was going to bring this one up too, since I didn't see it earlier, but there it is. I'm surprised it took until page 12 for someone to mention it. Manny Coto's gig before Enterprise, starring Peter Weller! I would have really liked to see this one continue, along with the previously-mentioned Dark Skies and Journeyman (and of course... Firefly).

Hey, I actually vaguely remember that one, now that you bring it up. I was young when this one was on... I wonder how it would hold up now? A lot of shows I enjoyed as a kid don't really stand the test of time... ;)

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I watched Journeyman when it originally aired, and caught a handful of episodes of Odyssey 5 when Syfy was briefly airing. I really liked Journeyman, and I'm pretty sure I liked O5, but TBH I don't really have any specific memories of O5.

10. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Since we're evidently allowing one-shot pilot episodes, did anybody else see Gerry Anderson's The Day After Tomorrow. As I recall, it was shown in my area of Kentucky during a week day afternoon, after school, confirmed by the wiki to be on NBC's Special Treat.

11. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yet another one comes to mind...Now and Again

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was another one my mom and I watched together and really enjoyed. It was the first time I saw Dennis Haysbert and Eric Close, who went on to be on other shows I really enjoyed.

13. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I watched it first run, it was pretty good. I recently got to rewatch the episode where the kids "invent" rock and roll in the current city-state they happen to be living in. It held up reasonably well. Looking back on it, it's very similar in style to first season Sliders.

14. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ I remember that show. My main impressions were that the "Otherworld" was pretty mundane and the daughter was pretty cute.

That's it! I guess there was only one episode produced, which explains why I can't remember it well. :rommie:

It now reminds me, though, that around that time there was a Space Opera version of Josie and the Pussycats called... Josie and the Pussycats In Outer Space. Anyone remember that one?

15. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

16. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I tried watching Jason of Starcommand recently because it was favourite show when I was three.

15 minutes an episode and I couldn't even make it to the 1/2 way mark.

Meanwhile I saw the pilot to CHiPs a couple weeks ago, my other favourite show from when I was three, and I think that it could have easily still have made it today. Those two Bikes in formation were just incredible, however as a three year old I totally missed the nuance of John Baker. I thought he was the boring guy that made Pounch even sexier... But hes a Surfer Hippy? WTF! Maybe they played that down in later episodes?

17. Andrew_Kearley

Andrew_Kearley Captain Captain

Yes, I saw it on BBC1 in December 1976. It was called Into Infinity then.

18. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

A friend of mine ran into something similar a few years back. In a moment of nostalgic enthusiasm, she picked up the entire run of Electra Woman and Dyna Girl at a convention, only to discover that, you know, it wasn't nearly as compelling as she remembered from her childhood . . . .

19. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No, there were several 'superstar movies' with The Willy Mays movie being one of them. The LiS cartoon pilot you remember also appeared.

20. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Look for the Electra Woman pilot they made with Markie Post about 10 years ago. Very adult humor and pretty funny.