What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I just bought "Aliens vs. Predator" because it was on sale, and I intend to start playing today.

2. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I beat Bad Company 2 last night. And I'm still having fun playing AC: Brotherhood.

My copies of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit and Gran Turismo 5 have also been shipped already, so hopefully I'll get those soon.

3. moni2010

moni2010 Cadet Newbie

Recently i am playing World of warcraft and Guild wars...

4. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My life is currently being swallowed up by CoD: Black Ops, and Fallout: New Vegas. There just aren't enough hours in the day.

5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I've loss the amount of hours I've put into FALLOUT 3 and i'm probably half way through at best. God knows how much time I am going to lose playing New Vegas when I pick it up in 2011.

6. Servo

My first Fallout 3 playthrough, I clocked up around 95 hours of play, and that was without any of the DLC installed. My second playthrough, with all the DLC installed is still running, and at last save was about 160 hours. I still have Mothership Zeta and Operation: Anchorage to finish, plus a bunch of unmarked quests and undiscovered locations to complete.

7. Captain Pike

Captain Pike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Awesome, isn't i?

I've just finished the Undead Nightmare DLC story missions. Now I'm going back to finish the undead challenges and missing persons to get 100% completion.

Damn Chupacabra won't show up!

8. Garrett

Garrett Vice Admiral Admiral

DNA Sequence 13 had plenty. :p Yeah, overall 2 seemed to have fewer, but more build up to the assassinations you do perform. Or maybe I'm misremembering the first game. Watching some clips of the first game at the start of AC Brotherhood, I realize there's a heck of a lot of stuff storywise I can't remember at all. I still need to collect flags and some other stuff for achievements. I might have to play it through here soon.

Anyway, I finished 2 tonight. Overall, it's an excellent game. The ending wasn't quite as WTF worthy as I had heard, but then there are some hints throughout the game (like the Truth video sequences). This is one of those few games where I don't mind watching cutscenes because of how good the story is, and how enjoyable the characters are.

The DLC was mostly a disappointment. The Battle of Forli was fun, but way too short. Bonfire of the Vanities was mostly boring. Though, it did force me to get more creative with how I did the assassinations. I've been mostly lazy with those when playing the rest of AC2.

Neither chapter really added anything to the game that was extremely important. And the story for both was far less interesting than what was going on in the other chapters. Especially with Sequence 13 being so unrelated to the main story.

Now onto Brotherhood.

9. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Second playthrough after a 1 1/2 year break.

It's even more fun than the first time around, because I'm only now slowly getting over the fact that Oblivion isn't Morrowind - a fact that I kind of unfairly held against the game at first :lol:

"But it's not Morrowind! :scream:" isn't a very good reason not to like a game, I can see that now :lol:

Seriously though, after playing quite a bit of Diablo 2 and Mass Effect 2 recently, I realize now how I've been missing a more hardcore approach and more hardcore RPG mechanics. Oblivion fits that bill quite nicely.

10. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Just completed Black Op on veteran the other day, now only a few things left to do for that platinum trophy, then i can clear my gaming scheduled for GT5.

I loved mothership zeta, i would love to see a Fallout set in space with spaceships, aliens, alien planets and weapons....would be fun...well for me anyway.:)

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

AssCBro is a lot more fun now that I have the handle of the controls. Taking out the Borgia Captains is a lot less frustrating now. Hell even if I'm surrounded by ten bad guys I can still come out okay!

12. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^The first game had this, surrounded by lots of enemies at once, it made you learn the combos, and i hate games with combo that require anything more than two buttons to press, but the first game got it spot on.

13. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Gone back to the first Assassin's Creed to try getting all the flags this time...

14. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Clocked up around 40 hours so far (Enclave just invaded) but got to do all the DLC still and I always do any side quests I find though am all out at the moment. I wish Fallout 3 had a easier system to find side quests its a little too random at times.

15. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

^

Free internet walkthrough, that's how you find 'em ;)

16. TrekNut87

TrekNut87 Captain Captain

I've been playing Valkyria Chronicles II (PSP) like a madwoman. Really like it, very fun. Also playing Star Wars The Force Unleased II (360) That's been all right, though the repetitiveness gets tiresome after a while.

17. Servo

If you really want to lose the random factor, use the Fallout wiki site, The Vault. It's a pretty comprehensive database of everything in the Fallout games.

18. TrueBlueMug

TrueBlueMug Ensign Red Shirt

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

One of the cheesiest stories ever! Still, the game play is fun. My wife likes playing as Lara. :techman:

19. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Now all you need is to get her to dress up as Lara ;)

20. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm up to the 8th memory on AssCBro and it's pretty fun now, aside from those infuriating missions were you can't be detected or you're chasing someone. Ugh. But it's so great when you've got a bunch of followers and you're slowly leveling them up. It's surprisingly fun to just assign kills rather than doing them yourself!