Smallville Summer Hiatus Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Lots of things!

2. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

ok I take what I said about those two getting a spin-off back, without some serious retooling I would not even consider those two for a live action series.

and yes im aware those videos are not truly representative of the WonderTwins, at least I hope that is the case

3. Broccoli

They are not. Adult Swim (through Cartoon Network - who own the rights to all those old cartoons) did these parodies a few years back as commercial breaks between shows.

4. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

im still giving some serious thought to how I might do a Wonder Twin series

1) ditch the monkey

2) a brand new origin story, its 2010 and an supervillan who once had the ability to transform in to anything she wanted is dying, her last wish to see the twins she gave up for adoption. The twins (who have been split up) are reunited at there mothers bed side, and the mother gives up her wicked ways, and asks her twins if they have any powers, they say no.

the villain dies, and for the first time the twins touch each other, the female twin changes into a cat, and her brother a heart monitoring machine.

the twins are freaked out, change back to human and leave the hospital vowing to keep in touch, but only offering there Twitter accounts to each other.

6 months later our reluctant heroes are reunited at a party, she is about to start university to study animals, and he about to hit the back time with his band. Outside two robbers are planning to take the mayors daughter hostage (she is also at the party) and burst in grabbing her. they let off a sonic wave, that throws the crowd to the ground, the twins once again touch each other, and the sister transform again this time into a lion, and the brother into a concrete block, the lion pounces on the hostage takers knocking them to the ground, whilst her brother realises he needs to change again, he changes into a cage, whilst his sister (the lion) chases the scared hostage takers into it.

the police show up, and "WonderLad" lets the criminals out, whilst afterwards the mayor thanks them for there bravery.

the twins go home together to experiment (not incest), and realise that she can turn into any animal she likes, and he can turn into any object he likes, but can only do so when they touch, also the transformations only lasted a period of time, the bigger the transformation the shorter it last, so whilst WonderGirl could turn into a T Rex she could only do so for a few minutes, but if she were to turn into a cat it could last for hours.

episode 2, the WonderTwins meet there mothers arch nemesis, and that Twins are torn between using there powers for good, or for bad. During this episode the rings are added as to way to give them costumes to help hide there identity's.

3) the rings are not required for transformation, touching each other anywhere on the body starts the change (a skin on skin touch) the ring contains a blue gel, that oozes out and forms a blue costumes protecting the twins from fire (etc) the rings do not need to touch each other to be active, and like the clothes on the twins become part of the transformed twins (in some wibbly wobbly this is why Clarks suit never gets burnt or dirty type way)

(and to think until tonight the only WonderTwins I have ever seen is the spoof on Family Guy, where Peter turns into Jena tampon)

5. Broccoli

6. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Hey look a Vulcan.

7. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Alex Ross is really badass!

8. Broccoli

The Wonder Twins always looked like Vulcans. :p

9. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just curious if anyone wants to take over the weekly episode review and discussion threads this season if NX doesn't take the helm again? I'm willing to do some myself but I don't think I'll be able to handle a full season.

10. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I'll be back for them.

11. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

^^ !WOW! ^^

That was just like Lex and Clark wrestling for Lana's hand in marriage!

12. Broccoli

No...not enough angst. And we need a pop song in there too. :p

13. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

In the past, I've usually started them for NX when he's not around. I'll continue to pick up his slack as the only other discussion-threads I'll be doing this season is House and 24 when it starts back up in January.

14. Broccoli

I wonder if any newbie will try to be a wiseguy and start up their own grading thread to intentionally or unintentionally usurp control.

I find those amusing.

15. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

It's happened before; people just typically used mine anyway (including when I actually said to use the newbie's because he'd posted first).

16. Broccoli

Never! We are loyal to you and we shall CRUSH the opposition and drink the blood of their children!

Erm...if necessary... :shifty:

17. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Give me NX or give me death!

...Or some such.

18. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

WooHoo I have an army.

Now we need a kick-ass name. How about the Kryptonians?

19. Broccoli

Nah...too bland.

How about, Super Awesome Cool People Forever Society.

20. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

How about Nation of NX?

Or League of Extraordinary NXers?

:lol: