Lost 5x07: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham"

Discussion in 'Lost' started by Agent Richard07, Feb 25, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

67.1%
  2. Above Average

24.7%
  3. Average

5.5%
  4. Below Average

2.7%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bak_and_Blue

Bak_and_Blue Captain Captain

A question no one has addressed. What was that little flash at the very beginning of the episode where Caesar is rooting around in the Dharma Station. It's like there was a small time discontinuity and at the same time a red filter was put over the camera lens. In that time Caesar finds a gun under a table and stuffs it in his sack. Then the girl comes in, asks him what's he put in the sack and there is the little time blip again and the red filter comes off. Caesar pulls a flashlight out of his sack.
    It's like there was a blip of violence-- I know that doesn't make much sense, but that was the gist I got out of.
    So, what was up with that? I know that wasn't just a mistake in editing. LOST doesn't make those kinds of mistakes.

2. Mallet

Mallet Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I didn't notice anything like that and I haven't seen anyone else mention anything like that at this or any other Lost site I've been to. Are you sure it wasn't just your TV?

3. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I didn't notice that either. Sounds like a television problem.

4. biotech

biotech Vice Admiral Admiral

No blips, no red.

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

New information from the pop-up video rerun: it was BEN'S OFFICE that Caesar was rifling through at the opening of the episode, and the papers he found included a map to the Temple and a list of physics formulas.

6. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

So this would be Ben's office on the, uh, whatchamacallit, the other island where Sawyer, Kate, and Jack were being held at the beginning of season 3?

7. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

on the second island, next to the main one, the one where the zoo station is at, Hydra I think

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Yes, it was on Hydra Island. The plane landed on the runway that the Others were constructing in Season Three. There's also the moment when they're looking at the beach and see the larger main Island right across the water.

9. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think it was Sawyer who called it 'Alcatraz'.