Lost 5x03: "Jughead"

Discussion in 'Lost' started by Agent Richard07, Jan 28, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

45.8%
  2. Above Average

49.4%
  3. Average

3.6%
  4. Below Average

1.2%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Above average. I guess I was a little off thinking the Big Band music was from WWII, when it was from nearly a decade later. I wonder what kind of music the US armed services radio tended to play in the 50s. They probably weren't jumping on the Elvis bandwagon as soon as the statesides stations. Maybe they really were just playing the "oldies" into the 50s?

Funny watching Faraday quietly freaking out when Sawyer was pointing a gun at his mom. :rommie: I guess he didn't have that must faith in the "the timeline cannot be changed" rule. People seem to have figured out who Eloise is, but I got it just from watching Faraday's reactions, it just seemed like he realized who the girl was - I completely missed the reference to her name (and forgot that she's named Ellie anyway) - anyone else figure it out that way?

2. Jenee

Jenee Dancing Goddess Premium Member

...still not right. That washer and dryer were definately late 90s or or 2000s model.

3. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe it was on Desmond's yacht and Kelvin salvaged it to use in the hatch. See, no continuity problems here. :p

4. Mallet

Mallet Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Maybe Dharma scientists were ahead of their time? Maybe they invented those types of washers and dryers back in the 80's, and the outside world only caught up to them in the 90's?

5. McCoy

McCoy Commodore Commodore

Perhaps Widmore's mercenary attitude towards the island threatened the others and they banished him. Then Ellie volunteered to move the island to keep him from coming back. Could explain why both are off-island and trying to return.

6. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Below average. If this episode was about anything, it was about Daniel Faraday. I kind of like him, but I don't know exactly what he's trying to do or why he's doing it. Death to real drama. The time travel crap I don't believe so it's a little boring.

7. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

Those are the two thoughts I've had on him. The latter being that Richard and who/whatever Jacob is were either the same person or symbiotic. either being the same person, or connected to or even part of the Island. That way the leader would be somewhat of a fall guy.

The thing about the time travel... so far it's been the conciousness travelling through different ages. Now it's the whole body and whatever they have with them. I wonder if theres any relevance to that. But I'm annoyed, not at the show, but at the fans on non-SF boards who don't get time travel and keep saying things that annoy me.

For all the little things, pacing and story these three episodes have been great - and I love every Desmon episode and am growing to love Faraday a little more every episode. I was slightly bemused that Miles now has him pointed out as the leader.

I'm loving this show again now it's back on track with everything tying together at a nice even pace - instead of the slow-motion plot development around S3.

Ten thumbs up :bolian: