Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

that's a great idea. Obi-Wan has an adventure on Tatooine and hides out w/ Owen and Beru for a little. perfect setup!

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Now....if we could just get somebody in charge to bite.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Perfect. I know you could easily say that he just gave Luke to them because they were his family, but I'd still like it better if there was more to it than that.

4. cooleddie74

If nothing else I hope we get a major hardcover novel about such a storyline. Who knows what kind of animated or filmed attention the new Disney regime will give characters like these from this point forward, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

5. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

There's Kenobi which is a novel coming out about Kenobi's early days on Tatooine. I wouldn't be surprised if some of it deals with Own and Beru,

6. cooleddie74

I'm looking forward to devouring that one when it hits.

7. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Me too. And I agree it will probably have Owen and Beru stuff in it.

8. cooleddie74

Let's hope.

If it's all about Obi-Wan's exile in the Jundland Wastes I'm pretty sure it will make mention of Owen and Beru and the moisture farm.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've always kind of had the impression that Ben secretly watched over Luke as he was growing up, so I wouldn't be surprised if Luke and the Lars were involved somehow.

10. cooleddie74

Well, yeah, the 2007 edition of the hardback Star Wars Visual Guide basically says as much in the chapter about Luke growing up and Obi-Wan living in exile in the desert. Something along the lines of: "Obi-Wan spent 20 years watching over the young Luke from a safe distance while meditating, trading with the natives and learning about the infinite mysteries and powers of the Force from the spirit of his former Master Qui-Gon Jinn."

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ah, I've never read that, but I've read some of the Luke and Obi-Wan stuff on Wookiepedia, so it probably came second hand from there.

12. cooleddie74

The most recent edition of the Visual Guide is a terrific little coffee table guide to the franchise as of 2007 (so it doesn't include the recent Clone Wars series or its theatrical film). Definitely worth picking up a copy if you see it and it's going for a reasonable or even cheap price!

13. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, that makes sense. Luke was aware of Ben Kenobi before the events of the film. He recognized the name Kenobi in Leia's holorecording and asked his aunt and uncle if she could've meant Old Ben Kenobi.

14. cooleddie74

Sure it does, but you might be surprised how many out there still can't put two and two together even after six films and a plethora of published, Lucasfilm-sanctioned guides that explain what they couldn't figure out from screen dialogue.

Plus, there's at least one EU story where a young boy Luke and his childhood friend Windy get lost in the desert and "Ben" has to rescue and return them to Owen and Beru, who then get angry at the former Jedi and tell him to leave and not come back to the farm.

15. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

In this case, I'd call it one and one, but yeah. :lol:

16. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm very much looking forward to "Kenobi" and seeing Obi-Wan make that transition from Jedi to hermit. I also have no doubt that it will probably focus a bit on Luke as a child and his upbringing with Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen. IIRC from "A New Hope" he discourages Luke from having business with Old Ben.

17. Admiral_Young

18. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Interesting if in fact true, but the final paragraph does doubt the credibility of the "news":

19. Admiral_Young

The fact that it originated from an IMDB board thread does indeed bring the credibility of the document into question, but as that paragraph states, it's fun to speculate and to discuss what it contains. It seems very plausible at least from the little bit we know what Disney/LucasFilm wants to do moving forward, and also appears to ignore quite a bit of the Expanded Universe as well. I thought it was interesting at the very least to post. It could very well turn out be a fan made series bible! LOL

20. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

It sounds like an interesting idea, but where the hell are Han and Luke? And I'll be very disappointed if the Jedi are still practically extinct 15 years later, given that Yoda commanded Luke on his death bed to rebuild the Order.

I'm assuming "The Shade" is Luke as a shadowy renegade...

Also, droid enemies AGAIN?