JJ Abrams apologizes for lens flare

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Turtletrekker, Oct 1, 2013.

1. MakeshiftPython

MakeshiftPython Commodore Commodore

That's too bad, DS9 has some of the best writing along with TOS and TNG.

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I think that DS9 was overly melodramatic and made me laugh more than any drama series should and that the Abrams films have some of the best writing and characterization of any of the Star Trek movies.

Different strokes.

3. MakeshiftPython

MakeshiftPython Commodore Commodore

:vulcan:

4. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Jeyl's gripe with Orci is over something which happened at another site, and he was asked not to drag it over here. When he did so anyway, BillJ ought properly to have demonstrated his lack of care by posting no response, and your demonstration of care would be more appropriately brought to the attention of either TrekMovie or Paramount. There's nothing which can be done here about the matter, and it's got zip to do with lens-flare apologies, anyway.

Back to topic, please.

5. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Would it make a difference if it didn't happen online but in real life? Like having a discussion with Orci on the street and then talking about it here?

6. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Sure it would.

Because you could much more easily gauge intent. Is the person saying what their saying to be an asshole? Are they being defensive? Sarcastic?

So many people are quick to decry an internet comment without really knowing the emotion or intent behind it.

7. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

That's not the topic. "Abrams apologizing for lens-flare" is the topic.

BillJ: same message.

8. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

Traditionally, lens flare was considered an error and was scrupulously avoided by Hollywood cinematographers. Lens flare became, for lack of a better term, "hip" in the 1960s. Ironically, it was thought to enhance verisimilitude, to create a documentary-like realism -- although, of course, it's a technical artifact created by reflections between multiple elements of the camera lens.

Compounding the irony is that, with today's digital photography, lens flare is often a CG effect added in postproduction.

Link

9. Irishman

Irishman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain