The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was just brilliant, OdoWan!:lol:

I didn't have time to do an Easter Clintasha adventure this year...maybe I can throw something together tomorrow.

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    For anybody here interested in buying the new 6" Black Series Stormtrooper, pay close attention to the figure's armor inside the packaging. There've been some reports of the shoulder plating and other body pieces popping off inside the box, requiring collectors to glue them back on. I have yet to see a 6" Stormtrooper myself but if the brand new figure's experiencing quality control issues then be sure to take a good look at any copies before you purchase.

3. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

Nice. :rommie::techman:

4. Kira's Mom

A day late, but here is my Clintasha Easter.

Clint and Tasha found some leftover Easter candy...it looked like a ball pit to them. So they asked Captains America and Britain and Tiny!Pete Wisdom to join in their fun.

"Um, have any of you seen Wisdom? He was with you earlier..."

[​IMG]

"OH MY GOD!!!!" "Pete! Pete! You okay down there?" "Where are you, mate?" "Oh my God, I think I just stepped on him!!"

[​IMG]

"Oi! Up here. Bloody Avengers, a bloke can't step outside for a cigarette without them panicking!"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  5. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Hello, look who arrived today

[​IMG]

Not gonna lie, this is pretty awesome
    [​IMG]

Does anyone else have him btw? If so how do you get the guns into his hands? There doesn't seem to be a huge amount of leeway for the fingers to move, and I really don't want to break it

6. cooleddie74

^
    :techman:

VERY, very cool. Isn't he great? He's still the hardest of all the new 6" Black Series figures to find. I can't tell you about his fingers and weapons because I've left my only copy in the packaging (I'd like to get a second one to open), but others I've seen open theirs seem to have few problems getting the figure to hold his weapons. Good luck! You should be able to figure it out with some practice.

In other, breaking news: Disney Stores are about to receive an exclusive assortment of four electronic, (possibly) 12"-scale figures based on the Original Trilogy, complete with movie dialogue when you press a button. The four announced characters are: Darth Vader, Luke in X-Wing Pilot Gear, Han Solo and a Stormtrooper.

Here's the first boxed image of the Vader:

[​IMG]

7. cooleddie74

More brand new pics! The upcoming Black Series 3.75" Darth Vader (based on his appearance right after his cybernetic rebirth at the very end of Revenge of the Sith) and Snowspeeder Wedge:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These will be part of Wave 5 of the 3.75" line, the final wave assortment to be shipped in the current packaging design.

ETA: Also, Ree-Yees! :) This is the first new Ree-Yees action figure in sixteen years, ever since the Freeze Frame packaging phase of the old Power of the Force 2 line.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  8. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Your Clintasha adventures never fail to delight. :D Swimming in a pool of Easter candy is on my bucket list.

I haven't had any issues but try heating up the hands in some hot water or with a hair dryer. That makes them more pliable. Then you can slide the guns in, and they'll stay in the proper shape when they cool.

I wasn't planning to pick up any of DC Collectibles' Crime Syndicate figures, already having Mattel's. I'm a sucker for anything Lantern, though so I grabbed Power Ring:
    [​IMG]

Man this figure is awesome. The articulation eclipses the Mattel version, the sculpt is just fantastic, and I especially love the twisted evil looking Lantern. I think I may be picking up the rest of the Syndicate. DC Collectibles has really stepped up their game lately. They may just be able to fill the DCUC shaped hole in my heart.

Cappulo Batman and Talon come out next week. I cannot wait for those.

9. cooleddie74

I also loved the new Clintasha Easter adventure, KM! Their escapades are always a highlight of this thread. :)

10. Kira's Mom

My next action figure purchases may be Psylocke, so Captain Britain can have his sister around, and the Black Knight, so he'll have his BFF, too! My Shelf Avengers will end up merging with X-Men eventually, I really want a Nightcrawler figure after reading the new series. So expect many new adventures.

11. OdoWanKenobi

And then you need to get Kitty Pryde, too, because you'll already have a huge chunk of Excalibur. I don't think she's ever been made in her Excalibur outfit, though.

Next up from DC Collectibles is a Justice League Dark line with Constantine and Zatanna being the first ones:
    Link to pics!

Zatanna looks pretty good, but I'm not feeling Constantine. The proportions seem wonky.

12. Kira's Mom

Yeah, I need Kitty with Lockheed- so he can mock Tiny!Pete. The only Excalibur Kitty Pryde out there is the HeroClix game piece.

I'm picking up some ideas on making a custom Pete Wisdom...I hate the idea of breaking apart figures, though. One custom maker used The Punisher movie figure body with Hawkeye-as-Ronin's head.

ETA- Just ordered Psylocke and Kitty! I'm going to have lots of fun with Lockheed and Tiny!Pete. :evil: "I 'ate yoo!"

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  13. OdoWanKenobi

^I look forward to the future Excalivengers adventures.

I got a couple more of the Funko Legacy Game of Thrones figures today. Eddard Stark, and the Hound. There's still some kinks to work out here. Paint is still inconsistent, as you can plainly see on Ned's beard, and also Ned's scabbard broke off right out of the package and had to be glued.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Kira's Mom

Excalivengers, I like that. :lol:

15. cooleddie74

Nice Game of Thrones figures. I'm assuming they have articulation on the level of, say, a 6" Black Series character? Or are they even more articulated? I'm not familiar with these but Funko's a good brand and I know you don't collect and share pics if the items aren't impressive.

Today I found a 6" Obi-Wan Kenobi with pretty good paint apps on his head and face, so I got him. He's really nice-looking and the detailing on his Jedi clothing and in his hair are worth pointing out. This is - arguably - the best Ewan McGregor toy ever made by Hasbro, but I'd like to see what they could do with an Episode I Obi-Wan with his Padawan hair braid and clean-shaven face.

Now the only 6" Black Series figure I'm looking for is the new Stormtrooper.

16. OdoWanKenobi

Yeah they're on par with the 6" Black Series in terms of articulation. In fact, it's pretty much the exact same as far as joints. Not surprising, considering Gentle Giant is working with Funko on these, just as they're working with Hasbro on the Black Series.

I had the most frustrating moment today. I happened to be on Amazon and noticed the Stormtrooper was in stock! I hurried and added him to my cart. He was in my cart. IN MY CART! and in the few seconds before I reached checkout he sold out. GAAAAAAAAH!

There is a silver lining, though. I did manage to get Bespin Luke. He's on his way. :D

17. cooleddie74

He's a pretty great consolation prize. Trust me. You'll dig him. ;)

18. OdoWanKenobi

Oh, I'm sure. I wanted him just as much as the Stormtrooper. I'm just frustrated by how close I was, and how much I know that Stormy is going to be a royal pain to find. I'm really glad that it's being carried forward for the next wave. I guess even Hasbro can do something smart every once in a while.

19. cooleddie74

Those guys who went to HasbroToyShop, bought 10 Stormtroopers at once and then posted them on eBay for $500 (I'm not remotely joking) will have egg on their scalper faces once the figure becomes easier to find and almost nobody wants to shell out fifty bucks or more for just one of 'em.

20. cooleddie74

Already available for order in the UK: the four Disney Store-exclusive electronic figures (12" - 15" in height). They're rolling out these things fast....we only heard about their existence a couple of days ago!

[​IMG]