Labeouf Wants 18 Million To Return To Transformers 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Nov 6, 2012.

1. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't say that there are many actors/actresses that warrent an US$18m paycheck.

2. stonester1

stonester1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Really?

Go away, kid.

3. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

I hate those awful Transformers movies and I like this Shia Labeouf guy, so in a totally biased and slightly irritating fashion, I'm siding with the actor here.

4. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

The Transformers movies were a huge wasted opportunity - putting aside how bad the scripts / plots were (they were never going to be Shakespeare, but they didn't need to be utterly stupid, full of plot holes and inappropriate jokes) you are still left with the staggering awfulness of the leads.

The performances from Megan Fox and Rosie Huntingdon Whatever her name is were bad enough, but Labeouf was bad in ways rarely seen outside a Star Wars prequel. He's been rotten in everything else I've seen him in too, with the strange exception of 'Holes'. $18 million ? I wouldn't pay him $18 !

5. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

Good for him. If they want him in these silly movies and it's not worth it to him unless they drive a dumptruck of money to his house, then he should demand a dumptruck of money. If he's not worth $18 million to them, then they get to take the risk of making a Transformers film without him.

6. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm sure he could act if given good enough material. At this point, I don't think the scripts have really allowed him to shine though. I believe this is why he expressed wanting to do indie films and honestly, I can't blame him.

I mean, look at Hayden Christensen. Universally hated due to his performance in Star Wars, but after that he did Shattered Glass which showed that he could act. Same could be said with Natalie Portman who went on to have some very good movies and a successful career, using SW as her launchpad into stardom.

I think he needs a better agent. An agent who will find him better projects to give him the chance to prove himself as an actor. At the same time, I'm sure he feels a little miffed he wasn't asked to do Transformers 4, but I think he should let that door close and find a another one.

7. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Uh, Natalie Portman was making great movies and a highly regarded actress before Star Wars.

LaBeouf is just a little twat who inexplicably keeps being given huge roles in giant blockbusters because someone gave him one previously. He's in no way, shape, or form a box office draw, or even mildly regarded by anyone who's opinion is worth a damn, other than his resume includes a ton of blockbusters. Which were blockbusters despite him, not because of him -- a logic that Hollywood execs just can't wrap their pathetic little heads around.

8. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

9. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Every human is disposable in a Transformers movie.. some more so than others (i think John Turturro was hilarious in them).

They got rid of Fox and replaced them with an equal hottie and no one batted an eye or started a "Bring back Megan!" campaign.. the same applies to Shia. As Fandango said it's inexplicable how he keeps scoring these blockbuster roles but then there's actor's who are just Hollywood darlings who score some big movies because they once starred in the first one which was successful and execs now think it's because of them.

The movies are about giant robots beating the crap out of each other.. humans are just collateral damage.

10. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ I grew to like Carly when I actually saw the movie, but for the year before that, I wasn't too happy that Megan wasn't going to be back. I've enjoyed the human element with Sam and his girlfriends. It wasn't just about the robots for me.

11. Owain Taggart

The point still stands. The point is that you have weak scripts that don't challenge actors. He's only done Blockbusters as far as I'm aware, and so he hasn't had a chance to challenge himself. I'm sure he could be good if he applied himself, so I'm willing to give him benefit of the doubt.

As as for Portman, I wasn't aware of her before Star Wars and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

12. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ I knew of her, but didn't take a serious liking to her until a few months before Episode I came out.

13. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Your loss, then. The Professional was certainly very well regarded and a much beloved film to boot. Ditto for Heat and, while not necessarily high art, Mars Attacks was really fun, too.

But, hey, if you personally never noticed her before Star Wars, she must not have existed. And I have no doubt that there's plenty of other blissfully ignorant people in the world, too.

14. Owain Taggart

Well, I do love Mars Attacks, but I wasn't aware she was in that. There were a lot of good actors in that too.

No need to be insulting, especially when I've been polite. I'm not sure what's so important that I haven't been aware of her before SW to the point that you have to call me blissfully ignorant. We all have life experiences that differ, and we all see through different lenses. If the fact that I wasn't aware of her before SW offends you, then I deeply apologize for any trauma.

15. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

He must have pictures of studio execs in compromising positions.

He hasn't only done blockbusters; for example, he was in A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints.

Wasn't that the one where she lost the will to live, and nobody bitched about it?

16. EliyahuQeoni

EliyahuQeoni Commodore Commodore

Redmond, Oregon, United States of America
    Same here. I'm 39 and have enjoyed all of the Transformers movies so far. When news of the movie broke I'm not sure who was more excited: me or my 12 year old son.

17. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

Hollywood needs a salary cap. NOone is worth that much money just to act in a film.

18. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

And I never played with Transfomer toys or watched the animated series when I was a kid. The 2007 film was my first exposure to the universe of that series. I was just happy for once to have a film with old-school heroes and villains; I really can't relate to the modern "no such thing as good and evil" view. I much prefer the black and white "Autobots good, Decepticons evil" version. :)

19. zarkon

zarkon Captain Captain

replace him with a block of wood and nobody'd notice

ditto bay

20. Owain Taggart

Ahh, my bad. Was he good in that?