Elder Scrolls Online: Are you gonna play?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by blueziggy, Feb 14, 2014.

1. blueziggy

blueziggy Lieutenant Red Shirt

so i was in the ESO beta this past weekend and played a substantial amount of time. i had been looking for a new game to take up downtime after being in WoW for many years. must say the game looks great and i enjoy a lot of the freedom in character development that wasn't prevalent in WoW. Beta even convinced me to purchase the Imperial Edition with early access and a few in game perks. Having never played an elder scrolls game i am kinda nervous about not knowing any of the background stories. hope this doesn't hinder my enjoyment.

anyone else looking into it or played the beta?

2. Runetouch

Runetouch Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I really am full of pessimism regarding this game. I don't think that they would be able to capture the Elder Scrolls 'feel' in a mmo.

3. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

4. Toxteth O´Grady

Toxteth O´Grady Captain Captain

I'm probably going to check it out once it hits the XBOX One. I've played Oblivion and Skyrim, but not religiously, so I'm not sure how faithful it is to the Elder Scrolls franchise.

5. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

Sounds like as good an excuse as any to go pick up Skyrim and/or Oblivion.

6. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not a chance. I don't play MMORPGs and even if I did the endless doom and gloom surrounding the title would scare me off.

7. AlphaMan

AlphaMan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm debating picking this up on PS4 when it comes out in June. It would be my first MMO and I do have some concerns. There's no way it would be like "Skyrim with friends" because I understand MMOs are fundamentally different. Secondly, I don't have many friends that are interested. Lastly, the $60 price tag plus the $15/mo. subscription fee on top of the $50/yr for Playstation Plus seems excessive for consoles. I'll probably only play for about a month before something else comes out and grabs my attention anyway....

... And of course, something tells me that this might go free to play in a year or so.... Should I just wait for that?

8. Runetouch

Runetouch Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The more I hear about this game from those who played in the beta, the more I get discouraged from playing.

9. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not interested in paying a subscription for it, so no. When it goes free-to-play I'll have a look at it.

10. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As much as I love The Elder Scrolls series I will not be playing it as I'm not spending $60.00 + tax, a yearly sub to XBL and then $15.00 to play a game.

11. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

The beta really surprised me so am considering buying it and playing until Destiny comes out though not 100% decided.

12. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I want to check it out eventually. :)

13. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I decided with the game price + the 3/4 months I typically play an MMO for, I can't justify the cost of the game even if I can afford it. Also I actually enjoyed the Titanfall beta to my total surprise so I may buy that as its something I can play on the PC for the odd hour here and there and put down. I don't think I could keep up with my friends on ESO and then its boring being left behind.

I may look it up when/if it goes F2P.

14. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

My only experience with playing an Elder Scrolls game is Daggerfall, and if the mmo can't replicate the experience of killing someone in the street and then running into a shop, so that guards will follow me in single file, shouting "Halt! Halt halt!" the entire time, so that in turn I can kill each of them and stack them like kindling...

Well, I just don't want any part of it, then. :guffaw:

(Note: I've watched my daughter play Skyrim. I know they've gotten a lot better. ;) )

15. Hopeful Cynic

Hopeful Cynic Ensign Red Shirt

I'm looking forward to it. Also preordered the Imperial edition.

16. Captain Qwert Jr

Captain Qwert Jr Captain Captain

Why couldn't it be Fallout Online? I'd be so there.

Anyway, still on the fence about it.

17. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

God damnit, now I really want to revisit Daggerfall :lol:

18. Retu

Retu Commander Red Shirt

I'm going to try the beta this weekend.

19. Toxteth O´Grady

Toxteth O´Grady Captain Captain

My brother is taking part in the beta and this weekend he was allowed to invite somebody else to try the game and he chose me.

I was iffy because I've been kind of burnt out on MMOs recently. But it definitely felt like The Elder Scrolls while I was playing it. Granted I didn't get a chance to play it much. I only got up to level 4 by the end of the weekend. It was enough, though, to convince me to buy the game when it comes out. Which isn't too far away at this point.

20. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I've just preordered it. Won't be playing it - I don't like video games.

Jr. loves them though...