Top Gear New Series

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Bob The Skutter, Jun 22, 2008.

1. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Great ep, lots of fun. The body-kit on Hammond's Hyundai had me in stitches as did May's Golf whenever Jezza turned on the stereo with the remote. :guffaw:

2. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

We and my brother cried out "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" when the bodykit appeared because to that point that was our favorite of the cars. Gods I hate body kits. Fun show definetly and I still think it went to show that a Volvo wagon...is crap!

3. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

Well last week they upset the boy scouts and the catholic church this week its the insurance company's
    http://www.myfinances.co.uk/news/insurance/car-insurance/top-gear-car-insurance-advice-crashed-$1307826.htm

This bit made me lol.

Ms Parsons said: "While few people would take Clarkson's suggestion that a sex change could help 17-year-old boys halve their premiums seriously, fronting is a common fraud and we would urge parents to avoid the practice as, if found out, the consequences could be severe."

I think the word they want is no-one but its nice to see they had upset someone i was getting worried.:techman:
    But still no DM outrage what are they planing :shifty:

4. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Well, that's something I've never done during Top Gear before - changed channels to look at ceefax while a boringly wittering twat went on and on and on and on and on and on and on in the apparent over-enthusiatic belief that he was being amusing and/or interesting.

I've never seen this Michael McIntyre bloke in anything before. And now I'm going to make damn sure I never do again.

5. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Michael McIntyre is a twat, but he has actually managed to be funny during his Comedy Roadshow on BBC One.

Oh for fuck's sake, it didn't start recording till 15 minutes in this time. Sodding media centre.

6. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

I used to like McIntyre before he became popular and mainstream. He was fine in the occasion appearance on Mock the Week, but now, and indeed long ago, he's become over-exposed and wretched.

Loved the Gear vs the Government segment. "V8s not G8s!"

7. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

McIntyre wasn't having a chat with Clarkson, he was doing a fecking stand-up routine that happened to be about cars...I usually don't mind him that much, but that was far too much of an overt "Advert For MEEEE!" type thing.

8. Bob The Skutter

Never liked him at all. But Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow has been good.

9. Serial thread killer

The car challenge for me was not as good has i thought it was going to be but loved the news and TG have found a cool Ken.
    And i think they did well after Jeremy lost the script and did not have it backed up.

10. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Overall, as watchable as ever, but nowhere near as hysterical as last week, even not counting the McIntyre interruption.

I was genuinely shocked, though, that they didn't have any comments about Aston Martin's new hatchback...(unless it was in the latter part of McIntyre's bit)

11. thedude

thedude Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Sorry to hear this evening's TG wasn't great... last weeks was a riot. I was in tears when May got in his car and the stereo turned on... and once again when Clarkson's Volvo rolled into that shed...

I'm unlucky to be in the States and not get it first run, but thank god for torrents... I'm able to keep up that way. Downloading it as we speak... hopefully there are some bright spots.

Still can't believe the outcome of that race between the McLaren and the Bugatti last week... I was hoping for a different result.

12. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Top Gear's always good, but there were a couple of slightly-less-interesting spots this week. Still a fine episode, though.

13. Bob The Skutter

Any chance this was one of the cost cutting episodes? I mean cheap cars for most of it...

14. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I think so. I mean - two features on cheap cars....one of them being "here's some cheap cars we don't like". Hmmm.

15. HappyDayRiot

And a cheap guest. I advise American viewers to skip him.

16. thedude

thedude Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Overall it wasn't a bad episode... some of the small car stuff was pretty funny... I was hoping they'd actually come close to being arrested like the previews said... oh well. Michael Mcintyre is a loser. That guy seriously has a TV show? I didn't find him funny at all... he was like a British Dane Cook... only not funny. He had one good joke about the passing lane stuff, but I'm not sure if Jezza was tearing up from sheer boredom or because the joke was geuinely funny. I wish he'd flipped the Chevy in Gambon and died... would have made the segment much more entertaining. ;-)

That SL Black is mad. Good bit about the spoiler, many of my friends with Porsche Turbos and Carreras here in the states have been given "Spoiler Tickets." Even though they proved to the cop there is a button to flip it at any speed.

Were those all Hammond's dogs? I knew he has a great dane and a wolf hound... and his labradoodle... dunno about the st. bernard though.

The slow-motion shots of the rally car and the bike were stunning, especially with the C130 flying by in the last shot. Very cool stuff... everything truly is cooler in slow motion.

As I said it was a good episode... definitely the low point of the season though... I give it a 6/10. They can only go up from here and next week's ep looks like it should be a redeemer.

17. Serial thread killer

I know Jeremy has a few dogs one of which is also labradoodle so i was wondering if Jeremy and Richard brought there own then they borrowed a friends dog for James as he's a cat man.

18. Bob The Skutter

Yeah, he has a show, but he's basically comparing a comedy gig. He has had some funny stuff, but mostly it's about the regional accent.

19. HappyDayRiot

McIntyre does have a TV show. But it's on Saturday nights so it doesn't count as entertainment anyway.

20. StolenThunder

StolenThunder Poster Premium Member

Michael McIntyre's appearance on Live at the Apollo a year or so ago really was superb, and probably was a big influence on making him so mainstream. He is a very 'middle of the road' comedian though and verging on oversaturation now.