Where'd This Phase II Cutaway Come From...?

Discussion in 'Trek Tech' started by Praetor, Sep 13, 2013.

1. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

It'd be an odd asymmetrical shape if that truly was a rear view. I chalk it up to TOS not showing the perspective properly and say they're the same ship, only with golden glowing shields activated in "Mudd's Woman"

I guess it's quite possible the original artist intended the pointy end to be the front. Or that the glowing shield(?) was obscuring it's true shape. IIRC our first look at a Klingon battlecruiser was a similar golden blob smudge thing.

2. blssdwlf

blssdwlf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the TOS shot, the ship is angled slightly to the left so I don't think it is a direct rear view.

3. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

It's interesting to note that the TOS-R version of this vessel in "Mudd's Women" looks nothing like either of these. It resembles more like a Galaxy Quest N.S.E.A. Protector with TOS-style warp nacelles.

4. TIN_MAN

TIN_MAN Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

To make things even Mudd-ier still, I think that TOS mudd ship was based on some of Jefferies early concepts for the Enterprise?

5. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

The fine line between continuity and fanwank.
    Hmm, I haven't heard that before, but would you be referring to this? I can see it, if so.

[​IMG]

6. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

Man, I'm glad thet didn't go with that design, it looks like a flying toilet seat.

7. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

8. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

9. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^And your link has the exact same glitch. It's a problem with the BBS software -- it always leaves a final parenthesis outside the link.