Avengers 2 News, Rumors, Etc. Pictures until release...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I think it looks like they just painted in a crappy CGI over her.. or maybe drew her with CGI for a few frames before imposing that on her riding a bike. It looks bad to, but ehre it is for everyone else to see.
    [​IMG]

2. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

What should it look like? Granted she hits the road fairly softly, but you can see the shocks taking a hit as well as her foot being jolted loose for a moment.

3. Flying Spaghetti Monster

I'm not talking about her impact with the ground. I'm talking about the CGI plane. You can tell it was never there.. it's a really shoddy CGI effect that somehow passes the muster to be in a major film. People are so whipped to how good this movie is gonna be.. how "kewl" it is that they will fight more stupid bad guys - that they fail to see how badly assembled it is, and the producers can get away with shots like this.

4. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Oh well. Maybe I'm just an idiot, but it doesn't look terribly different to previous quinjet shots to me.

And that's even assuming it's a finished shot. It's fairly common nowadays for effects shots to look different in the final film compared to trailer footage.

5. Flying Spaghetti Monster

I watched Winter Soldier again recently, and the Quinjets there are passable at first viewing, but if you look at them too closely, they don't pass the test. But this shot dispensing the motorcycle is barely passable, and is a good example of how CGI has become a tool that's just too common, too easy, and has sapped ingenuity from filmmaking.

6. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

What test?

7. Flying Spaghetti Monster

8. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I just watched a film I hate AGAIN to pick out things to hate even more about it about covers the level of discussion here. Why bother.

9. Flying Spaghetti Monster

I don't hate them, but I don't find them adding much to cinema. Besides, this is a forum for opinion.
    I'm waiting for someone to give me a scene form MCU that is singularly powerful and moving, and helps explore the possibilities of the cinema.. like Lindsey's revival from "The Abyss" .. something where the egos of the producers is allowed to step aside so that we can embrace what is on the screen

10. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Why watch and rewatch films you don't see much merit in? I can understand saying "Well it looks interesting, I'll go see it." But saying "It looks shit, I will go see it." seems stupid.

Besides not every film is or should be a life changing experience. A cinematic masterpiece. If they were the concept would lose all meaning. Enjoy for what it is and hope for better.

11. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I think part of the issue is some people are looking at the movies individually when they really should be taken as a whole. They're telling an ongoing, interconnected overarching story along with underlying individual storylines and character arcs, each having an effect on all the others. It's the closest thing to a television series on film. Nothing like it has ever truly been done before; not to this degree of success, at least.

12. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

It's not the job of someone else to convince you that the MCU has any merit. Plus, there are dozens of movies that I love that don't fit that bill. Doesn't make them any less enjoyable.

I'm cool with you not digging it, but some of your phrasing makes it sound like you're trying to insult those who do.

13. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

I always have to wonder if people that bag on the MCU have ever even read comic books.

The goal of this isn't to make the greatest films ever, it's to make the inked and colored pages come to life on a larger-than-life screen. That's all, for better or worse.

14. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

So every film needs to "add to cinema"????? Yeah, the MCU films aren't Citizen Kane, but they're not trying to be. Some times you go to a film to be entertained by clever quips, fights and explosions and not to be awed by being taken to the next level.

15. Starscream2112

Starscream2112 Captain Captain

That was my favorite part as well. When I saw that I said to myself “How cool is that!”

16. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

When the first trailer for The Hobbit 2 showed us Smaug, he wasn't completely finished yet. People got worried. Then the movie came. People stopped worrying. Stuff like this, with half finished effects, happen in trailers all the time. Some are more noticable then others, but there it is. It'll look fine when the movie comes out.

17. Flying Spaghetti Monster

I guess there has to be limits. One of my favorite guilty pleasures in the last few years was G.I. Retaliation. I thought it was an awesome comic book movie thank youverymuch. Before the atrocity that was Age of Extinction I thought that Transformers and G. I Joe could be combined for a shared universe just as they were in the comics, but I'm sure, absolutely sure, despite how much I love both franchises that if Paramount announced a six year slate featuring separate films for each character, and if each film was just trying to sell the other films, that most people complain the same way I'm complaining.

18. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

And you crossed ours a good while back now.

Also *have to be. Your grammer really is attrocious.

19. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

The trailer done to clips from the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes animated show.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEuFkkMkARw#t=129[/yt]

20. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

The difference there is, you're combining two franchises that typically don't share a universe.

And anyway...the MCU is "product" but Transformers and GI Joe aren't? The properties that existed solely to sell toys? Do they contribute to cinema, or does that not count in this case because you used the phrase "guilty pleasure"?