Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by TrekToday, Jul 30, 2012.

1. BriGuy

BriGuy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Whining?

Care to leave personal insults out of the discussion?

2. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It is getting rather out of hand, the majority of you posts lately are to complain about the audio issues and how the replacements are being handled. The problems are being fixed and they're not costing you a single cent so I don't see the problem. It all comes down to who you ordered with how it's being handled and if you'll get a complete new set (handled by the individual retailers) or the individual discs (handled by CBS).

3. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Indeed, the mistake was made and inside of a month is being corrected with a free replacement for the defective discs. Whatelse do you want? For CBS to personally come to your door, say they're sorry, and give you a brand-new copy of the season along with an advanced copy of the next season? And, oh, the super-secret plan they have in doing DS9 that's not public yet followed by a blow job?

It's being taken care of.

4. Cap.T

Cap.T Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

amazon.de also told me to send my defective discs to a replacement adress. What I don't understand is, that they want Discs 1, 3, 4 and 5. Does anybode know what's wrong on Disc 5?

5. BriGuy

BriGuy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Did you see my post? Now they're saying replacement discs won't be sent out until September.

Plus, to boot, they had no record of my email submission.

What I want is all customers treated equally, and clear communication.

But I guess that is too much to expect. Like civil discourse is too much to expect from you and your ilk.

And yes, I'm getting pissed at the juvenile behavior exhibited by you and a few others, and I am restraining myself. I have not directed insulting comments at others here, YOU have.

6. Maxwell Everett

Maxwell Everett Commodore Commodore

Well, "Heart of Glory" is on disc 5, and that episode has a missing effect. Maybe this is why they pushed replacements back to September. While the audio is a straightforward fix, altering the video requires re-encoding the entire episode all over again.

7. Maxwell Everett

Maxwell Everett Commodore Commodore

^ Just remembered, so is "We'll Always Have Paris". Maybe they found the missing 2 seconds? Fingers crossed.

8. Doug Otte

Doug Otte Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Actually, I'd be happy if they showed up at my door w/ the corrected set, a nice bottle of Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc, a box of chocolates, and offered me soothing words w/ a hug and a peck on the cheek...but that last suggestion of yours would not be turned down!

9. Falcor5

Falcor5 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thanks for the info! I bet CBS is correcting the effects stuff on disc 5 that someone else also mentioned and that is the reason for the delay in shipping from deluxe. While the longer wait stinks if we do indeed get all the fixes it would be worth it!

10. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Hmm. I've been putting off watching the affected episodes until I got the replacement discs, but not sure if I can wait until September.

Guess I'll have to do the stereo option...

11. Trekker4747

The discs are perfectly... listen... to... able.... On the standard Dolby audio selection.

12. NewHorizon

NewHorizon Captain Captain

See, now this has me worried again. The US Amazon rep assured me that I would be receiving the 'corrected' set, and it's now on the Canadian side of the border. Is there anyone who could give us correct information about this?

13. Captain Fine

Captain Fine Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'd be willing to wait another month if they found those missing 2 seconds of footage.

Although to be honest I didn't even notice the 2 seconds of SD. I felt like I was paying attention the whole time and I didn't notice anything... although I did fall asleep during the episode and rewatched the parts I missed.

14. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I noticed the 2 seconds, but being in such a forgettable episode I wasn't too bothered by it.

15. Mutai Sho-Rin

Mutai Sho-Rin Crusty Old Bastard Moderator

ENOUGH! By my standards, you ARE whining and the repeated angry posts are bordering on trolling. Perhaps you should avoid this thread for a while.

16. Scotty

Scotty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In defense of BriGuy, I don't think he is trolling and he is actually voicing a concern that is shared by many, myself included. After an initial good pick up of the problem by CBS, information hasn't been forthcoming about what other minor problems are being taken care of and when we can expect the replacements. They keep telling different people and different media outlets different things. I'm confident I'll get my replacement, but CBS should issue a revised press release with the latest news on the corrected issues.

17. Captain Fine

Captain Fine Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I agree to an extent. But I think we also need to be patient and not freak out right away.

18. Trekker4747

Honestly, when it seemed like replacement was going to happen inside of a couple of weeks it DID seem to me to be "too fast." I am a bit miffed that I never got confirmation that the disc number(s) I sent them were valid and confirmed I'll get the replacements. But, I'll wait and see.

19. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

I hadn't been thinking about it for a while and was going to come in here to ask if anyone got their replacements "5 days after Aug. 10".

I'm guessing no one has :lol:

So, September now?

If we used the phone-in option, can we call back & verify they still have our info?

20. NewHorizon

NewHorizon Captain Captain

Hmmm, so does this all mean that the Amazon rep was just talking out of his butt when he verified that the set was the newly corrected one? I hope I'm not just going to be receiving another copy of the flawed discs on Tuesday.