How have the newer novels affected the reading order?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by bfollowell, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Paul Weaver

Paul Weaver Vice Admiral Premium Member

The integrated universe is the key. I'd read a few series in the past - the Furys, the Shatnerverse, etc. But aside from that the books all seemed very standalone. Necessarily nothing changed from the start of the book to the end, as obviously the TV series was still ongoing.

That's all changed now, I just didn't realise it.

2. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

And it's been a gut-wrenching ride, too. I thought the Typhon Pact books following the Destiny series were a well crafted answer to the severe fracturing of the Federation. I was honestly very happy to have a few new stand alone TOS books to come back to and give me a chance to recollect my own thoughts. Single stories had a welcome mellowing effect. I still have a stack of new books yet to read and wait in anticipation for the new "Fall" series. All-in-all, I hope to do a lot of catching up during the winter months. I should be into them now, but in all honesty, with the passing of A.C. Crispin, I ended up flipping through her books again and am now in the middle of "Sarek".

3. dansigal

dansigal Captain Captain

The Destiny trilogy will be $1.99 a piece for Kindle on Wednesday. I should be getting to it in another two months or so, so solid timing for me.

http://www.davidmack.pro/blog/?p=4715