Hawaii 5-0 Season 3 discussion/spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Enterprise is Great, Sep 25, 2012.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought the first episode was great. I really like the Wo Fat/Shelburne arc and I thought the continuation of it was very interesting. I'm very curious to see the explanation for why she let Wo Fat go. I like the half-brother idea, that seems like the kind of direction they might take.
    The second episode was OK, a solid more or less case of the week type episode. I was sad to see them kill of Ed Asner, I liked his character.

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Both this and Castle air at the same time, and I don't have a DVR, so I've had to catch up on this show after the fact. I've really come to enjoy it a lot more than I thought I would. The Steve/Danno banter is always great, and Danno is easily my favorite character.

I thought the first episode was pretty solid. Yeah, Wo Fat's escape was ridiculous, but ridiculous action scenes are one of this show's charms, so it didn't really bother me. The second episode was kind of 'meh.' Decent, but not great. I liked Ed Asner's previous episode better.

I'm really glad to see that Michelle Borth has been made a regular. I'm not much of a shipper, but I think she and Alex O'Loughlin have really great chemistry. When they had Cath go on TDY or whatever last season and brought in Lori (who was a complete waste of space) I thought they'd force her and Steve together. Fortunately it seems they've realized their mistake.

3. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

^I wonder if, as the season progresses, are they going to keep Cath outside the team, or eventually find some way to bring her into Five-O? While I'd like to see her on the team, I'm also kind of ambivalent: most of Lori's screentime last year seemed to come at the expense of Kono. Hopefully they can do a better job of shuffling the responsibilities this time around.

4. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ I'm thinking Cath helping McGarrett is gonna get her kicked out of the Navy, so she's gonna join Five-0. It might also cause a rift between her and Steve, so the writers can drag out the whole romance angle.

5. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

I thought the premiere was so-so (the Wo Fat escape scene was particularly ridiculous), but I really liked the second episode. The McDanno bromance is my favorite thing about the show, so I can't wait for tonight's episode!! :D

6. SAndrews10

SAndrews10 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm thinking the same thing about Cath!

7. Top41

I loved last night's episode SO much! I cracked up through Danny's bickering at Steve, but I also liked that we finally found out why Danny hates the ocean so much. Having Steve toast Danny's friend at the end of the episode was a nice touch. Definitely my favorite episode of the season so far, possibly the show. I could seriously sit and watch these two bicker for a whole episode and be entertained. Loved the "shark week" and "man sushi" zingers in particular! Also Steve's "I can explain that," when the Coast Guard guys find the body. :lol: So much funny--loved it!! :D

8. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah last night's ep was a ton of fun, one of the best ever. :D

9. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Apparently Cynthia Watros can't get off Hawaii without her character getting shot to death...

10. SAndrews10

SAndrews10 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They're going to run out of convenient excuses to have Cath hanging around at some point soon. Shore Leave doesn't last forever.

11. Top41

Anyone watch last night? I thought the episode was pretty good. I totally pegged the kid as the killer though... his reaction was way too extreme when he first heard about the guy's death.

I thought Mama McG was less abrasive in this episode, but the whole story tracks so weird. First she's in hiding for years, then she's afraid to come back because of Wo Fat, then she sees him and he escapes, and now she's fine with him being on the island. If she knows him or he is her son, why was she so afraid to come back in the first place?

Catherine's inclusion is starting to feel less and less natural. I think they're going to have to make her part of the team at some point or else it's just going to feel like she's just there to do random favors for Steve. That worked when she was an occasional guest star, but now that she's a reg they have to fit her in better.

12. Enterprise is Great

I think that instead of inserting Catherine into the team right away and doing it slowly is probably a reaction to how fans disliked how lori was thrown into the team right away.

13. Enterprise is Great

14. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

My thought was that she probably told Wo Fat the truth that she is his mother when she confronted him in the room, and now feels that he won't kill her as a result, or will at least be conflicted about it for a while. Up until this point, I think Wo Fat simply thought she was the spy who killed his father, but had no idea that she was actually his mother as well, which is why he was so determined to kill her at first but then had a change of heart. So now she feels confident about being able to remain on the island safely, although that could be overconfidence on her part (a trait both McGarretts share).

15. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

16. Top41

Clip from Monday's Halloween episode!! :D

Nothing really spoilery... just a cute scene with an adorable ending. :D

17. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I love Cath. :D

18. Top41

I like how she handles things in stride. :lol: And seems totally fine with McGarrett cuddling Danno on the couch. :lol:

19. Top41

Tonight's episode pulled because of the tropical storm... so we'll have to wait another week to see the Halloween episode.

20. Top41

Did anyone catch the Halloween episode last night? I loved it!! The evil grandma was a fun twist, and it was nice to see a male kidnap victim as opposed to a female one for once. Danno being scared in the creepy house was cute, too.

I also loved the bookends at McGarrett's house--Kamekona as a SEAL was great, and Steve putting his arm around Danno and Danno snuggling up against him to watch The Notebook was priceless. Priceless!! Loved it. :D