What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Think I will take a break from Metro Last Light as am getting sick n tired of bits where you press something and you have to hold off waves of attack...So fucking tired n bored of those gaming cliches in games. :scream:

Pity as the game was awesome in the 1st half but the 2nd half of game is full of these padded out gameplay moments.

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

If it were next week, I would totally spend all day today playing the new Assassin's Creed game. I have the day off, and I want to stay inside being lazy. Alas, it doesn't come out until Tuesday...

3. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Started playing Hyrule Warriors today. Button Mashing is fun for a while but I suspect I'll get bored soon enough.

4. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Playing Parasite Eve on PS3 (PS1 Classic). Its interesting and entertaining so far, but it feels like the random battle difficulty is increasing too fast compared to my progress (and I'm progressing pretty well I think), so I'm just hoping it doesn't get too extreme with difficulty, since i've enjoyed it so far.

5. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

I never played the first Parasite Eve, but I did enjoy Parasite Eve 2 on PlayStation. Played a lot like Resident Evil. There was a third entry in the series for the PlayStation Portable called The Third Birthday.....I never tried it, but I might download it to my PS Vita eventually.

6. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Great, but in the case of AC2 at least, it's not what you'd call optional. The game won't even boot without first launching uplay, even from steam.

7. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I played some Arkham Origins earlier today. I got bored pretty quickly so I started playing Escape Plan on my PS4.

8. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I hope they'll do an HD trilogy of the Arkham games for current gen so I can catch up on all of them in one fell swoop.

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Hmm. I don't remember having that problem.

10. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

The difference between console and PC, I suppose.

11. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Yeah I've played all the AC games (plus a bunch of other Ubisoft games) on either my PS3 or my PS4 and I've never had any problems with Uplay.

12. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Well.. Amazon used to be the absolute best retailer i ever knew up until a year or two ago. You ordered something early in the day and you had an 80-90% chance of getting it the next with no special service option selected.

They gave you estimates on delivery and routinely broke it in favor of the customer, i.e. you always got it earlier than expected.

Now you have to sign up for a Premium account if you want guaranteed delivery next day, you can forget getting release day deliveries (happened to me with Mass Effect 3) and the list goes on.

Amazon is still very good and their extreme range of products means it's easier to just hit Amazon than start googling your way through the web in search of a store. However i would not trust them anymore with critical or on time deliveries anymore.

Better go to a store on release day and shell out the 5 bucks more if you really want it on release day.

13. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Yup, well it arrived today but I'm feeling pretty ill so even looking at this screen the last half hour is more than enough.

I'll check it out when I fell better. Been hearing plenty of good things about it so I'll get my Day Zero stuff loaded up and get into it.

14. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Still enjoying Alien Isolation, but was in the mood to blow the crap out of things for therapeutic reasons, so took a break to swap in the Medal Of Honor reboot for a couple of missions.

15. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Played some Mario Kart 7 tonight, finally had enough time to complete another cup and unlocked the Banana Cup (the next set of races). Tried out Colors 3d too. It's pretty intuitive.

16. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

17. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

:guffaw:

18. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was lucky with Mass Effect 3 and managed to get it the day before release from Amazon (UK)

Recently though, some of the stuff is just in "Dispatching Shortly" for a week. Other stuff (Some pre-ordered dvds) arrive the day before release by courier, even if it's set up as super saver delivery:wtf:. I'm not signed up for Prime either.

As for today, I'm giving Dragon Age Origins another quick run through.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  19. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Well I finally played Advanced Warfare and well, I was okay with getting PS4 games that were co-released on PS3 as I only have the latter.

Until today.

Good god this horrid mess of a game...I really hope the PS4 version is as good as the hype says.

There is no way in hell they paid a second studio to develop this version alongside the PS4 one on "millions of dollars and 3 years" because damn. The textures are horridly small, even up close, it freezes, stutters, anything that moves has terrible loading times even for thumbnails, good luck getting anything done for your loadout, people randomly glitching all over the place.

The campaign is smoother, but still 2003-5 level detail and movement. Worst PS3 purchase so far, and that's considering I bought Skyrim, the only more vapidly overhyped PS3 game.

20. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

^ Sounds like a horrible, sloppy, afterthought downport. I can't speak for PS4, but the XBONE version runs really, really well. Super sharp and consistently high framerate.