American Horror Story: Asylum (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Starbreaker, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Quinto so reminded me of his character Skylar in Hero's but even more disturbed !

2. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

He definitely adds to the creepiness with the quiet, almost zen-like delivery of his lines. Kind of what I would expect a Nu-Mirror Spock to be like if Quinto were asked to do something like that.

3. God Magnus

God Magnus Commodore Commodore

A world where criminals operate above the law...
    Just caught up to episode 5 and man, this show just gets more deranged as it goes along. Having silly fun with it!

4. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

That was Dylan McDermott's voice on the phone as the guy who called the cops saying he killed the imposters. I don't think he was credited but it was definitely him. He has a very distinctive voice. Could he be the love child of Lana and Thredson?

5. kolibri

kolibri Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm really starting to believe that all of the modern day scenes are just part of a movie set.

Baby Needs Colostrum. :wtf:

6. JoeD80

JoeD80 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I had read that he first shows his face in episode 9.

Since Thredson is seeking his own mother relationship with Lana I don't think that's where they're going with this.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  7. Enterprise is Great

Possibly but Thredson is one sick fuck so who knows what he'll do.

8. Terran

Terran Ensign Red Shirt

Oh, I thought it sounded like Quinto's voice.

9. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Well! According to the previews for next week, they're including about the only thing they've left out until now...
    Angels
    Didn't think they could find anything more to throw into the mix, but they did, and I'm quite fascinated by the choice. Keeps getting better! :techman:

10. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

The Monsignor was a fool for not believing Sister Jude's suspicions about Dr. Arden, but eventually he did finally see through Arden's sick and twisted persona when he saw Shelley in the hospital. Instead of doing the right thing, he kicked Sister Jude out of the asylum. :rolleyes:

As for Sister Eunice, I realize she's possessed by the devil, but what the :scream: is she trying to accomplish aside from killing people? I know she hates Sister Jude, so she threw a wrench in her plans by killing the Nazi hunter and trying to prevent her from exposing Arden's real identity. But it's not that she likes Arden, either. So what are her motives?

11. kolibri

I think she's motivated mainly by Dr. Arden's monsters. She protects him to protect them.

12. JoeD80

Seemed like Dr. Arden had something to blackmail the Monsignor with.

"If you do open that window, the light will illuminate everything in Briarcliff....and I mean everything."

That's when the Monsignor stops and decides to go along with Arden's plan.

13. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I finally caught up today, watching the last three episodes.

Bloody Face? Nailed it!

:lol:

I think the show is coming together nicely. Some very intense stuff going on. That "conversion" scene was making my skin crawl, as were the scenes in Thredson's basement.

Good grief, who thinks this stuff up?

Completely outrageous and wildly entertaining.

:techman:

14. Enterprise is Great

It was very disturbing/uncormfortable watching Thredson rape Lana. Is she now pregnant with Bloody Face 2? Probably. Lana just cannot catch a break. She escapes Thredson only to hitch a rise with a suicidal woman hating nutjob who kills himself, wrecking the car and she wakes up back in the asylum. That's some serious fucked up shit.

15. JoeD80

Great stuff. I guess I'm changing my answer above and saying yes it looks like Thredson and Lana conceive future Bloody Face.

I love the scene later where he's frantic and says "we really need to figure this out!" and she's trying to listen and the question is "do I choke you or stab you?"

Great to see Frances Conroy again! I'm really digging this whole old cast in new roles thing.

I guess Kit really is a little off in his head? Hmm....

16. kolibri

I don't get why they wouldn't, like...question Lana as to how the hell she got out. Seems like maybe the police would go there before sending her back to Briarcliff.

Also...They've changed Bloodyface like every episode. First, horrific conversion therapy with a corpse guy, then mommy issues, then rape?

17. Gryffindorian

It was refreshing to see Frances Conroy back, this time as the Angel of Death. I liked the exchange between her and the demon-possessed Sister Mary Eunice. The angel sensed something different about the nun, something that "resides inside the sweet innocent girl." "You're one of us, but a fallen one." For a moment there, the real Mary Eunice was begging for death.

Poor Grace. Like Lana, she's been through a lot, except now she's dead after shortly being reunited with Kit.

What ever happened to the alien mythology? It was part of the series at the beginning.

18. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I don't think they've forgotten the aliens. Who do you think operated on Grace? They made a point of establishing that Arden didn't perform that operation, even though everybody assumed he did.

"Sterilization?"

He wasn't dissembling there. He was genuinely baffled.

19. Enterprise is Great

20. Gryffindorian

So this confirms what's been said earlier about DM's appearance on the show.

The whole sterilization bit--i didn't get that at first, thinking Dr. Arden really did a botched hysterectomy on Grace. I thought Arden was just playing innocent when confronted by Sister Mary Eunice. :lol: