whats your rank of TOS and TNG films?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by trekkie4ever, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Opus

Opus Commodore Commodore

THe Wrath of Khan
    The Search for Spock
    The Voyage Home
    Star Trek 2009
    First Contact
    The Undiscovered Country
    The Final Frontier
    Generations
    The Motion Picture
    Insurrection
    Nemesis

2. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

1. Star Trek (2009)
    2. The Wrath of Khan
    3. The Motion Picture
    4. The Voyage Home
    5. First Contact
    6. The Undiscovered Country
    7. The Final Frontier
    8. The Search for Spock
    9. Generations
    10. Insurrection
    11. Nemesis

3. heavy lids

heavy lids Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

1. First Contact
    2. The Undiscovered Country
    3. The Wrath of Khan
    4. The Voyage Home
    5. The Motion Picture
    6. Insurrection
    7. Generations
    8. The Search for Spock
    9. Nemesis
    10. The Final Frontier

4. CaptainMurdock

CaptainMurdock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

1.Wrath of Khan
    2.Search for Spock
    3.The Voyage Home
    4.The Undiscovered Country
    5.First Contact
    6.The Final Frontier
    7.The Motion Picture
    8.Nemesis
    9.Insurrection
    10.Generations

5. Xaios

Xaios Commander Red Shirt

1) Wrath of Khan
    2) The Voyage Home
    3) The Undiscovered Country
    4) First Contact
    5) The Search for Spock
    6) Generations
    7) The Final Frontier
    8) The Motion Picture
    9) Nemesis
    10) Insurrection

6. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

1. The Wrath of Khan
    2. The Search for Spock
    3. The Undiscovered Country
    4. First Contact
    5. The Motion Picture
    6. The Voyage Home
    7. The Final Frontier
    8. Star Trek (2009)
    9. Insurrection
    10. Generations
    11. Nemesis

7. Anji

Anji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Assisting in the birth of baby Horta on Janus VI
    My faves have always been:

1. The Wrath of Khan-outstanding script, direction and acting. Not to mention Montalban's muscular chest! Wow!

2. The Search for Spock- for "Stealing the Enterprise" scene, Spock/Kirk "You came back for me" speech and performance by Mark Leonard as Sarek.

3. The Voyage Home - for "Punk on the Bus" scene, outstanding performance by De Kelley for "Chekov rescue scene" and enviromental message. Good script and direction.

4. The Motion Picture - Fond memories because it was the first Star Trek since TV series....hey, we were hungry in those days!

5. The Final Frontier- Enjoyable opening sequence in Yellowstone, good performance by Lawrence Luckinbill.

6. Insurrection - Like a good TNG TV episode.

7. The Undiscovered Country - Poor direction and pacing. Performances inconsistant. Pepto-Bismal Blood of Klingon unbelievable. Mind rape of Valaris disturbing.

8. Generations - Poor direction and plotting. Script nonsensical. Cast not taking their performances seriously. Killing of Kirk wrong. Outstanding performance by Malcolm McDowell.

9 and 10. First Contact & Nemesis - So bad I couldn't sit through them to the end. Poor direction and inconsistant plotting. Cast not taking roles seriously.

11. Star Trek 2009 - Not Star Trek in my opinion. Sorry, my gut won't allow any other answer.

8. Mirror Sulu

Mirror Sulu Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Very hard to list them all. My favourites are Wrath of Khan and Search for Spock, while The Final Frontier and Star Trek 09 were the only ones I didn't like.

9. HaventGotALife

HaventGotALife Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

In order of how I like to watch them, which ones I find enjoyable.

1. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan -- How scientific advancement affects military technology and uses, Kirk's journey from spiritual death to spiritual life, Spock's peace and eventual death (that is treated as a gift, not a sombre moment). Exploring who Kirk is and how he got that way through his role as a teacher. Just a rich and multi-layered story.

2. Star Trek: Insurrection -- An interesting moral dilemna, Picard and the Enterprise crew as more than soldiers stopping a madman (or madmen) from destroying the Federation, the Enterprise, or earth. A unique piece of Star Trek.

3. Star Trek: The Motion Picture -- a clever and throught-provoking idea of a machine that wishes to make the next leap into consciousness juxtaposed with Spock's search for pure logic. Kirk wishing to find fulfillment again, and finding it, and Decker being without it when he loses Ilia and the Enterprise because of Kirk. In the Original Series, the Enterprise crew hummed in every situation. This ship had a command structure that could've ruined the mission. It isn't well-executed but the material is deep enough that I enjoy it.

4. Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country -- This is where I start to have problems. The Klingons would not have a problem attacking Kirk, plain and simple. The basis of the movie is that Kirk is a bigot and learns how not to be. That is not a strong enough movie for me.

5. Star Trek: Nemesis -- Shinzon is not menacing enough. There is no conflict between who he is and what he could become in Tom Hardy's performance. Other then that, other than more or less of Shinzon, it's a good picture, and underrated.

6. Star Trek III: The Search for Spock -- This is the anti-Motion Picture. Great in execution, horrible in story and where it took the film franchise.

7. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home -- No consequence for Kirk, and he's given a starship. Bugs me every time.

8. Star Trek: Generations -- A clunky story with b-rate acting.

9. Star Trek V: The Final Frontier -- A story that has an interesting premise, but fails on its merits.

10. Star Trek: First Contact -- The anti-Star Trek. Picard is Bruce Willis, Lily is Guinan to Picard, no one needs to do anything but "ready phasers" unless they are telling George Washington that the United States will become the greatest country in the history of the world. Horrible movie. I hate it.

10. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

:luvlove:Wrath of Khan
    :luvlove:First Contact
    :luvlove:Voyage Home
    :)2009
    :)Search for Spock
    :)Undiscovered Country
    :)Motion Picture
    :confused:Generations
    :wtf:Final Frontier
    :ack:Insurrection
    :barf:Nemesis

...okay, so I didn't really hate any of them...I just wanted to use those emoticons, especially the barfing one. Some day I will grow up.

11. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hmm. After a recent marathon I think I'd move Khan to the top and have The Search for Spock and First Contact above The Voyage Home.

Generatons is the only Trek movie I genuinely dislike though. Not a great film franchise but not a bad one either.

12. NightJim

NightJim Captain Captain

Having not seen any but my top 4 in years I reserve the right to come and cry foul on this at some point, but:

First Contact
    The Undiscovered Country
    Wrath of Kahn
    Generations
    The Voyage Home
    The Search for Spock
    Insurrection
    Nemesis
    The Motion Picture
    The Final Frontier