DALLAS: Season 3 Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by doubleohfive, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

John Ross's "I am NOT my father!" and the little speech that followed was the highlight of this for me. Well... that and Emma stripping down to her underwear. :D

But, seriously, Josh Henderson did a tremendous job last night.

2. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Pamela and Emma......:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

I'll be in my bunk.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's a line from Weeds, a question really that Dallas tonight almost answered.

"How do you know when you have crossed the line between CPR and Necrophilia?"

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  4. Ar-Pharazon

^ Using tongue?

5. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

If you guys can put your dicks away for a minute...

I thought it was a clever approach, letting Pamela find out early on and then saving the reveal till the end. That poor girl...

Not a fan of Bobby being so hardline with Ann. I get why he feels the way he does, but I knew the minute she showed up at Harris' that he'd make a move on her. Whether it's malicious or genuine intent, I wasn't crazy about the attempt at driving this wedge through Bobby and Ann again. The show needs to have ONE stable couple. Though that report I posted here a few weeks ago might have been right after all -- if the show is mimicking the 1983-1984 season, Bobby will be running into a familiar face again real soon...

Though I like the idea of Christopher and Heather settling down. I could easily see the show recreating the J.R. / Pam rivalry with John Ross and Heather.

The fire was surprising but poor Bobby! He's basically re-living the 1983 season finale all over again. At least then, he had the good sense to jump in the pool before racing into the burning house. Also, didn't he have security on duty at the house? How the hell did Beau (if he's the one who staretd the fire) get past them?

Or could it have been Pamela?

Joaquin is a real slippery bastard here. If Drew gets killed and Elena finds out Joaquin was behind it, those will be quite the fireworks, especially if Joaquin gets her pregnant first. And Elena's mother was being a total idiot last night. Her son disappears for a year and suddenly reappears, and she just lets him go? That was really lazily done and just makes her character look profoundly stupid.

It's gonna be a long four months, but the show still has me.

6. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I wondered if Sue Ellen started the fire.

I loved the look on John Ross's face when Pamela took off her coat. He was like "this must be at trap" :lol:

7. doubleohfive

Well, they did a subtle and not so subtle job of giving people reasons to attack the Ewings here.

Sue Ellen - because she's just drunk, was it an accident?

Pamela - because John Ross cheated on her and because Ann and Sue Ellen kept the truth from her.

Drew - Revenge against J.R. for swapping the land.

Joaquin/Nicholas and Elena - Part of their/Cliff's general plan? Seems iffy to me.

Harris/Judith - Revenge agains John Ross for bedding Emma?

Bo - Revenge against Christopher for dating Heather/losing his job

Ann - Because she's mad at Bobby? Again, really iffy.

Carmen - Also iffy, but also not out of contention, given how her family has been faring lately.

Candace - Also possible, but why? From the look of it, John Ross was going to be taking care of her. It wouldn't make sense for her to do something like this.

Just about everyone outside of Bobby and Christopher are suspects.

Some other questions:

Carter McKay's grandson: Is he Tommy's son, or Tracey's? I'm guessing it's more likely that he's Tracey's given how Tommy exited the show. Perhaps we'll see Tracey again?

8. Ar-Pharazon

I think Bo is the least likely candidate, since they showed him there, with the cigarette.

It's soap opera 101, the most obvious suspect is never the guilty party.

It's either Sue Ellen's drunken stumbling or Drew that started the fire, or some thing or person we don't even know about.

9. doubleohfive

Or, it's the MOST obvious person. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you though. Bo being the culprit would be an easy out - it solves too many problems for Christopher if Bo winds up going off to jail. He won't be around to wreak havoc for Christopher and Heather.

Sue Ellen being the cause/starter of the fire would be ironic since she was essentially the reason the fire in '83 happened (She threw a bottle of wine at J.R., which smashed on the wall and then workers came to replace the wall paper/paint, and when Ray and J.R. got into their brawl later that night, a knocked-over candelabra ifgnited the paint and paint-remover.) It'd also be dramatically safe for the show - Linda Gray isn't leaving the show, so it would give the writers more to do with Sue Ellen and hopefully get her off the path of her alcoholism.

I could see Drew doing it but the writers seem to want to keep him around (despite the fact that Kuno Becker is easily the weakest actor on the show) ... but I do enjoy the familial rivalry that is forming now. The Ramoses vs. the Ewings would be a nice juicy echo of the old Ewing-Barnes feud, pitting Elena against both John Ross and Christopher. This would be just one more nail in that coffin.

And, not for nothing, it still amazes me that two and a half seasons in, we still have no acknowledgement in any way at all of April ever existing. Not even a damn photo of her in the house. LAME.

10. Ar-Pharazon

One week to the start of season 3.2. August 18.

11. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

I hope TNT put the previous S3 episodes up On Demand... it's been a while and I need to refresh my memory about where we left off!