Hawaii Trek-0

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by RobertScorpio, Apr 29, 2010.

1. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

As some of you may or may not know they are making a new HAWAII FIVE-0. It will be a reboot and its being exec-produced by ORCI and KURTZMAN. I think this is going to be a very interesting reboot, and it could work.

I love the old HAWAII FIVE-0. Jack Lord's Steve McGarrett was a cool cat and the rest of the gang was great. The sound-stages built for that show were used for Magnum PI and Lost, and now, the new Hawaii Five-0.

Book ME Danno..I'll be there...aloha!

Oh...and it has my babe..GRACE PARK!!!

Rob

2. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Jack Lord was up for the Kirk role, y'know. Apparently wanted too big a slice of the gross.

3. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Yep. I actually think, if he had taken the job, he should have been recasted as Pike. Hunter and Jack Lord, back then, looked a lot alike.

Rob

4. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

Didn't know Grace Park was on board. It'll be good to see her again. I look forward to seeing Daniel Dae Kim not do an accent or just grunt.

I was a fan of the original, so I'll check it out. With Orci and Kurtzman producing, I'm a bit optimistic.

5. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Oh me too..and I agree about Kim. I remember seeing him the first time on 24 years ago, and then voyager..lost..I think he's good at what he does...

Rob

6. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

There's a guy on Youtube I found recently who does metal or hard rock versions of TV and movie themes. He did a version of the Hawaii 5-0 theme, and I think they should hire him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST-XJWDIVMY

7. Ward Fowler

Ward Fowler Commodore Commodore

I'm a big fan of the original. I grew up on it thanks to my dad. I've revisited the show as an adult and still find them great. I'm skeptical of the remake because of Orci and Kurtzman (I didn't think they were true to some of the characters in the TOS reboot), but I guess we'll find out soon enough. For the record, I'm also a big Grace Park fan. :)

8. caisson2delta

caisson2delta Captain Captain

This sounds interesting and I loved the original show as well. I, too, hope they stay somewhat true to the original characters or it might put me off too much. I wonder what will be rebooted next: Ironsides, Barnaby Jones, Cannon, or maybe Beretta?

9. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

So I take it Danno will try to strangle McGarrett to death, but then settle for stranding him on a deserted atoll? :rommie:

10. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Well, hopefully not in the pilot....I Just hope its good. It has has interesting pedigree with the STAR TREK XI writers, Fringe writers involved..as well as Criminal Minds exec prodcuer and interesting cast already..I cant wait...

Rob

11. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

I'm just afraid a new Ironside will have a turbine-powered, 120-mph wheelchair and a genetically enhanced, super-smart monkey for an assist animal.

12. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

^^ and this time ironside could be gay...why not? the first one was in the closet with Perry Mason

Rob

13. Shatnertage

Shatnertage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Or maybe he'll get Kono to do it because "the rules" will say that he can't kill McGarrett himself.

14. flipjack

flipjack Lieutenant Red Shirt

[​IMG]

I think I might watch this. [​IMG]

15. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

16. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Hey..thanks for that Samurai!..I owe you one. Would never have found that on my own and..I liked it!

Rob

17. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Spoilertv.com has a clip along with the other new CBS shows. It's the only one that looks like it has any potential. I like it.

18. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

I cant wait to see who they cast as....WOFAT. Kirk has Khan, Luke has Darth...but McGarrett had WOFAT!!!

Could be fun...

Rob

19. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

If anyone cares, here's the show that wasn't:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8LHQSTWt3U[/yt]

20. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Well, the intro looks good. Have they actually confirmed that this is a remake rather than a sequel?