Save Me is the right level of Neurotic.

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Guy Gardener, May 24, 2013.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. Third Nacelle

Third Nacelle Captain Captain

Looks interesting, but good shows on NBC tend to get cancelled. I'll see if it lasts two seasons and get the DVDs. I've been burned too much by network television :(

3. Guy Gardener

This process is interesting.

(I'm not being a meangirl!)

What started two years ago, which should be ripe for the plucking "now" in the next 30 days?

In 5 days the third season of Melissa and Joey starts, which is formulaic yet enjoyable, yet predictable Spencer/Tracy retake modernizing of Who's the Boss.

In 10 days the third season of Teenwolf begins, which I haven't seen but a friend claims is just as good as Buffy, but he likes anything that is full of predominantly shirtless young men.

In 16 days the third season of Falling Skies begins which seems like it should be fantastically made for us, but it's actually made for us by idiots. It's entry level Scifi with movie level sfx.

IN 19 days the third season of Necessary Roughness begins, and it's really really good. Necessary roughness is house wifey, but it's also got a but load of (fake) football in it, so it's a perfect show for a husband and wife to watch together.

In 26 days the third season of Franklin and Bash Begins, which is just a joy. it's like as if Animal House and (the series, not the person) MacGyver had a baby who grew up to be a show about brash young stuntastic Lawyers.

In 27 days the third season of Wilfred begins... This series brings me enough glee to forgive Elijah for making that tiresome collection of movies about rambling. Don't you want to spend all your spare time getting stoned with your dog? It makes so much sense. Practically a perfect clusterfuck of oddities and then when you just think it all can't get any more perfect... Alison Mack.

4. Third Nacelle

I love Wilfred. FX never lets me down, but I'm beginning to wonder if IASIP is running out of steam. I hope they end it on a high note rather than let it peter out.

5. Guy Gardener

I love Waitress deeply. If I ever find out her name, that love will be soiled.

I do the super hero thing in my head all the time.

Anne Heche was Lois Lane in a cartoon Movie, and her character is married to Michael Landes in Save me who played Jimmy Olsen in Lois and Clark, and they both live next door to Diedrich Bader who stunning portrayed Batman in the cartoon series Brave and the Bold, whose biceps Anne was drunkingly pawing in the Save Me pilot.

No love for Kal. :(

In my head now, the TV series "Castle" is all about Green Lantern running away with Lois Lane... Which is odd since Nathan was (tv) married to a different Lois Lane actress on Wisteria lane while living next door to yet another Lois Lane actress. It's like he's magnetized to that crazy girl reporter or something!

Oh?

Have you seen the original Australian series of Wilfred?

It's a little more subtle and dry but still worth a gander.

6. Third Nacelle

I haven't seen the Aussie Wilfred yet. I bough the DVDs from a shady third-party dealer on Amazon, and they're the wrong region for my player. Eventually I'll get around to ripping them (my pc disc drive apparently doesn't care about regions) and I'll catch up.

It is my personal belief that it isn't that we haven't found out The Waitress's name, it is simply that she does not have a name.

7. Guy Gardener

I feel like we've been told, but we forgot.

Something like...

"Brenda? Who's Brenda?"

"I'm Brenda!"

"You're Brenda?"

"I'm Brenda!"

"I did not know that."

Although, the reveal on Mac's "real" name was an outstanding pearl I did not even know that they were hiding from me.