ENTERPRISE on Blu-Ray OFFICIAL Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by LtChange, Oct 6, 2012.

1. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Having skipped out on ENT S1 on bluray, for $30 I preordered on amazon UK. Hopefully the US price drops though so I can get the official US release (there are normally subtle differences from what I've seen between the two releases)

2. Aatrek

Aatrek Rear Admiral

The only differences at this point will be in the packaging/disc design, due to UK rating info - there should not be any content differences.

3. trekker670

Right, but consistent packaging is also important to some fans. It's not of utmost importance to me, but would be nice.

4. Joanna McCoy-Kirk

Joanna McCoy-Kirk Commodore Commodore

I just hope the case doesn't arrive broken, as my TNG S3 case did recently from Amazon US.

5. Aatrek

Aatrek Rear Admiral

It is for me, too, but with the current $50 savings, the packaging could be drawn with crayon!

6. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

Really crappy picture taken hastily in a dark room, but, you can see the difference in packaging is extremely small - just a 1.3cm BBFC rating logo. The disc content is exactly the same.

[​IMG]

7. Aatrek

Aatrek Rear Admiral

Take a picture of the discs themselves, could you please?

8. LOKAI of CHERON

Ask and you shall receive! The flash from my camera makes it look worse than it is with the logos at the bottom of the disc.

[​IMG]

9. Aatrek

Aatrek Rear Admiral

Awesome, thanks. I can certainly live with that!

10. Aatrek

Aatrek Rear Admiral

That pre-order deal is dead; the price is now at a "normal" price of £42.01.

My already-purchased preorder still says £21.26, so hopefully that pre-order guarantee applies.

11. LOKAI of CHERON

^ You get delivery to the States for slighty less than I do in the UK! How does that work? Can't be bad though. :techman:

12. trekker670

I got in just in time!

13. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We don't pay VAT.

14. LOKAI of CHERON

D'oh! Of course! I hadn't thought about that.

15. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

I was lucky this time and quickly placed my order.

I'm just done with Season One and must say that my view on the BDs have shifted a little. I was very opposed to the color corrections, but seeing the actual episodes instead of screenshots, they work very well, especially in case of the P'Jem monestary and Risa. The only thing that annoyed me was that the Pinkskins had REALLY pink skins. I think that's where the color correction went wrong.

My main complaint is about the audio. As I noted before, the fade outs towards the commercial break pauses are way too abrupt sometimes. I initially thought that was an error on only one episode, but it happens several times during this season. On the DVDs, the audio faded out correctly. I hope they will be getting this right on Season Two!

16. picard_2305

picard_2305 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Can I ask if anyone notice a a slight bit of motion blur in the scene on 'Fortunate son' in the Fortunate sickbay where Captain keane is being treated by Phlox and the camera tracks Archer as he approaches Ryan?

I noticed it when watching last night

17. Dane_Whitman

Dane_Whitman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yes, very noticeable blur in that scene.

18. Aatrek

Aatrek Rear Admiral

19. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So, for those who have seen ENT on BR now, is it worth it? Is the extra quality in picture and sound THAT much better then the original. I mean, ENT was always pretty good, even on dvd, since it was shot in HD to begin with, unlike TNG, where the new picture and sound is amazing.

20. Aatrek

Aatrek Rear Admiral

It's certainly a bit better than the DVDs - although, of course, not nearly the giant increase seen on the TNG sets - but for me, the VAM (bonus features) really make the difference. The hour-long Berman/Braga conversation is pretty killer, and the hour-and-a-half behind the scenes interview/docs are right up there with the best new TNG features.

Plus all those commentary tracks!