Kes V Seven of Nine

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Clym, Jan 16, 2009.

?

Kes V Seven of Nine

1. Kes

20.9%
  2. 7 of 9

58.3%
  3. I liked them both equally

19.1%
  4. I disliked them both equally

1.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

"I'm so senile and stupid I forgot how I saw you murder me in the past in a couple minutes after i kill you here and travel back in time to kill you again because..."

The special effects were good, and the writers were probably remembering how much everyone used to say "And then she dressed up in leather and killed people, it was so hot." as her glory day(s) they'd want to super position for this final farewell.

All Fury did was prove that Banjoman was right (worst t-shirt slogan ever.) that the Ocampa needed a Caretaker if this dementia we saw was typcal of her species around the 7 or 8 years old mark.

I saw friendship one recently and I thought that the scene where Joe was shot was hilarious. Like Die Hard if it's soul had been gutted. Dead bodies like chordwood, not. Though one of my favourite movies is Dog day Afternoon, so Voyagers crew getting frakked up by basically survivalist hillbillies is letting the side down since it was T'Pol 200 years earlier who was talking about transporting stun grenades into an underground structure... Yes, the antimatter was disturbing the ships sensors and they needed pattern enhancers to get the biological matter from a to b, but the pattern buffers were on to send Joes corpse up.

ARRRGH!

%90 of the time Voaygers writers make our heroes idiots, rather than create exceptional villians.

2. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Amen!

3. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

"Bad kes" was crap and so was the whole episode. I guess that only hate-mongers would get something out of it.

4. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

Well, I disagree. In my opinion it was one of the better Kes episodes though I think any episodes without Kes in them are better still.

5. exodus

Heaven forbid someone not like Kes. If you do, it becomes personal.:rolleyes:

Seriously, why is it trolling to say "Kes sucks" but calling a poster a "hate monger" is tolerated?

6. Lynx

Well, in this case I have to quote an authority from a previous post:

exodus wrote:
    ;)

Nothing has become personal here. Another poster stated her dislike of the character and showed malice over the character's "departure" so I simply wrote my opinion about the character and my opinion over the season 4-7 episodes. Then it became a rant over "Fury" and since I hate that episode, I explained that too.

As for the "hate-monger" comment, I can actually back it up with facts which you are aware of as well. The only people who like "Fury" are those who sincerely hate the character and probably found some pleasure in seeing the character getting destroyed. Since you are posting on the startrek.com forum as well, I'm sure that you already know about that. The comment wasn't aimed at any specific poster.

7. exodus

Just because you believe some thing about people online doesn't make it true because you facts about such posters are often incorrect.

Miss Chicken has been a member here for a number of years & a very respected member of the board, "hate-monger" is not a term I think anybody would use to describe her as well as many others that didn't care for Kes either. If you wish to base your opinion of posters on how they view Kes, then you don't really know people here at all and most likely never will.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  8. Lynx

What I did was to state that the only people who seem to like that horrible episode are those who hate the character Kes. You can't accuse me for being wrong in this case.

9. exodus

Sure I can, it's an opinion and in no way factual.

10. Lynx

^^
    It's as close to factual that you can get.

11. exodus

So is a Transvestite but it's still far from the truth.

12. Lynx

You know that I'm telling the truth in this case. Those we both have encountered on certain forums who likes "Fury" have been what I would call "Class 1 Kes-haters" who have found pleasure in seeing the character being destroyed.

13. exodus

Nope, I have never shared your opinion in this matter nor will I ever support it. You've compared me to Hilter in the past due to an opinion about Kes. Why on God's green Earth would I ever take your side on anything after that?

I just think once again you're taking serious issues with people for simply not liking a character to the extreme like you do. I think the problem you've had in the past, present & future have nothing to do with peoples opinions Kes, I think they're tried of feeling they need to answer to you as if you own the rights to this character. Many you call "hate-monger" or "so-called fans" aren't going to care what you think anymore or give you the time of day because of it.

I'm sorry you can't move beyond this, I am but there comes a time when some have to move beyond you and whatever issues you kling too.

14. Lynx

Well, I'm not gonna start digging into old dirt here but your behavior against me at the startrek.com forum wasn't the nicest either.

I've tried to make peace twice and was stabbed in the back twice.

As for this discussion, I see no reason to continue it since it will only lead to trouble for both of us.

15. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

This thread is temporarily closed while I debate warning both exodus and Lynx for dragging yet another Kes topic completely off the rails. You two need to take up your issues with each other via PM, or IGNORE each other. I am getting tired of every Kes thread turning into a pissing match. It will stop one way or another.

16. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

I've decided against warnings, this time.

I strongly advise both of you, Lynx and exodus, to knock this crap off. The odds of me doing nothing the next time aren't good.

Clym if you want me to reopen your thread PM me. I think it's run its course though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.