Really weird Continuity error. HUGE SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Matt S, May 17, 2013.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I bet NuSpock and Prime Spock are both banned from breeding with Vulcans, unless they have the medtech to extract only their Vulcan DNA for making baby Vulcans in labs. With a depleted population you don't want to dilute what little you have.

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Maybe he just learned a thing or two from Kirk Prime over the decades and decided to make his hair look different and spark both conversations and jokes.

On the bright side, any Spock haircut from any era of any timeline looks more natural than the Kirk toupee.

3. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

tumblr crossed my mind also, but Raytas did say "in-universe fangirls".

Besides, some of the Cumberbatch/Hiddleston tumblr drool brigade of my acquaintance are really funny and anything but moronic.

4. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    IN SPACE!!!!!

God help us all! O_o

They should mention an in-universe social networking thingie where girlies gather to worship pretty evil-doers. Let's face it, it would totally happen.

5. teacake

Totally. On tumblr you can find fanfic and memes devoted to the surviving Boston bomber and his misunderstood prettiness.

6. KittyDuran

KittyDuran Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

True... I follow a few only because I liked Hiddleston's Loki. Some are quite talented (artistic wise) as well.

7. CommanderRaytas

Fan girls will always be fan girls, and there will always be morons among them...that's not about to change in the future.

8. teacake

I do love tumblr. The Star Trek folk there are fantastic.

9. CommanderRaytas

Is it better or worse than deviantart? I only ever stumble across tumblr when I'm looking for nice pics of my favourite characters in any given fandom...

But seriously, they should totally include a flock of crazy fan girls worshipping the pretty genocidal maniac in the next movie! You know, fan girls turned evil minions...

10. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

I don't see why not. They shave, they comb, and they seem pretty keep on personal grooming. We've seen Vulcan women with make-up (arguably to look prettier), I don't see why Vulcan men shouldn't dye their hair to look younger.

11. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I kind of figured it would be seen as vanity.

12. iguana_tonante

Yes, but the same would apply to nice clothes, jewels, make-up, hairstyles (and we all remember T'Pau's 'do!). Apparently, Vulcan men (and women) are as vain as their Human counterparts! ;)

13. sj4iy

sj4iy Commander Red Shirt

His hair wasn't white in the last movie- it was different shades of grey with some white flecks in it.

14. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Also, T'Lar in The Search for Spock wore quite a lot of makeup and a very elaborate headdress and robe. Some of that might have been worn solely because of the importance of the fal-tor-pan ceremony held on Mount Seleya, but a lot of Vulcan women throughout the history of the franchise have had rather exotic and made-up appearances. They seem just as vain as Earth women even if their logical training and upbringing prevent them from expressing it.

15. iguana_tonante

Well, is anybody surprised that Vulcan women are, indeed, hot? ;)

16. teacake

OMG it is a roller coaster riot compared to deviantart which is now old school. It's a huge scrapbook of fun. Just sign up and plug in anything you like into the search (works best with google chrome) (I say sign up because I've tried searching unsigned in and you don't get all the interesting things).

Very creative people. And just, PICS. Also pretty NSFW if you look for it, and sometimes if you don't.

17. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Seconded. But let's hope it stays that way once Yahoo get their mitts on it.

18. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

I think I found a real 'important' continuity error that no-one else has mentioned.

I was watching the movie tonight and noticed that while the Enterprise is falling towards the Earth and Kirk is saving the day in the engine room that they cut back to the bridge and Spock and Sulu are not wearing their seatbelts. In their previous scene they are wearing the seatbelts and also in the next scene.

Did anyone else notice this? Or has it already been mentioned 100 times? :lol:

19. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I never noticed that!:rommie:

What I do notice every single time, though, is Kirk and Spock's fingers jumping back and forth from the Vulcan salute to spread fingers in engineering.