Bieber hopes Anne Frank would have been a fan

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by the G-man, Apr 14, 2013.

1. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And, in all fairness, I suggested he needed to grow up and be less self centered, not that he be killed.

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just look elsewhere in this thread for the answer to that one:

That's why.

As for Anne Frank: Is Justin Bieber so terminally stupid as to think that she would still be the same Anne Frank if she had lived today? She'd just be some random teenager with the same name.

3. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't think there's anyway you could put the term 'belieber' in there and have it come out OK.

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Somebody should explain to Justin Bieber how he might have ended up if he had lived in the same circumstances Anne Frank did.

5. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I never said you did, nor that you had implied such. The statement was made that some of his fans had threatened to kill other people for what they said. Well, Bieber's been threatened with death by adults, and there's just no excuse for that.

That's not a valid answer.

That's the idea. Anne Frank wouldn't have been killed in the Nazi occupation, she would have lived a normal, teenage girl's life.

Dead.

You? Dead. Me? Dead. Anyone else here? Also dead. Fortunately, we didn't die, so now we get to harp on teenage pop idols and their millions of fans. Looks like we win.

6. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And, therefore, the fact that he's received death threats is largely irrelevant to the issue at hand.

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Why not?

It's rare indeed to have that level of fame and NOT be self-absorbed. Fame tends to corrupt, just like power does.

And thus the question of whether she would have become a fan of Bieber's becomes irrelevant.

Yes, we do win, especially when those pop idols make stupid comments like this.

8. Amaris

No, it was in direct response to the statement that some of Bieber's fans issued death threats. So it was very germane to the thread.

Because you paint a large swathe of people with a broad brush, on the basis that because someone has money and friends, they must be self absorbed.

You guys realize that you're bitching about the harmless actions of a 19 year old kid who sings pop songs for teen girls, right?

9. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

A celebrity says something and the internet overreacts. I'm shocked! Shocked! :rolleyes:

10. Amaris

I think the internet always waits in the wings, ready to overreact at the slightest provocation; or when there's nothing, it just makes it's own drama.

Justin Bieber signed the guest book at the Anne Frank House, and his words were harmless and were meant to be complimentary. What happens? The internet just explodes with indignation at how horrible and self absorbed this maladjusted young man is. Did you know about kids today? Yeah, get off my lawn.

11. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Wiley Miller, creator of the great "Non Sequitor" strip, once had a character state words to the effect of, "Stupidity is a condition, ignorance is a choice." Given that, I'm not going to say that Bieber meant to say anything ignorant.

12. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

He's at Anne Frank's house confronted with the reality of the holocaust and he's talking about HIMSELF.

I like Bieber's music more than most people, I am not on the Bieber bashing bandwagon at all. But he sounds like a self-absorbed idiot. HEY BIEBER this is not about you AT ALL.

"I wish she'd been able to have the life of a normal teenage girl." That's how you express it without shoe horning yourself into it.

13. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You know, the Anne Frank museum has an entire wall full of celebrity pop star photos.
    This is because Anne Frank was a 14 year old girl with the much the same tastes as all the other 14 year old girls of her time, which are much the same as other 14 year old girls today.

There's nothing wrong with being inspired by the girl and hoping that you live up to her relatively lacks standards for pop culture icons.

And Anne Frank probably would have been a Bieberer.

14. Ryva Brall

Ryva Brall Commander Red Shirt

Exactly. He could have easily honored the poor girl's memory without including a shameless plug for himself.

Oh well. In the end, he's just an immature kid. Kids say and do stupid things. Hopefully, within a few years, he'll grow up into a useful member of society.

15. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

His heart was in the right place but the execution was bad. It happens.

16. Mr. Laser Beam

Let's just say that Bieber is not exactly doing his part to disprove this assertion. :shrug:

17. Amaris

Exactly. I don't think he meant anything bad by it, at all.

http://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/justin-bieber

18. Mr. Laser Beam

^ Assuming any of that is genuine, rather than that imposed upon him/arranged by his handlers, I suppose that's a good thing.

19. Amaris

Damn, guy, cut the kid a break! :lol:

Proud dad: "Hi, sir. My five year old daughter Suzy made you a hand painted picture of your house!"
    Suzy: "Here, sir. I drewded this for you!"
    MLB: "Hmm. Shutters aren't pink. Trees are deciduous not conifer. Sun is the wrong shade of yellow. Mediocre at best. That is, if it's your real work."

Jebus! :lol:

20. Mr. Laser Beam

I've long suspected that there is no such thing as an actual human being named Justin Bieber; rather, he is an Internet meme that somehow achieved sentience and escaped into the real world. Kind of like Russell Crowe (in Virtuosity) as the serial killer Sid 6.7, only more dangerous. :p